Driver/Gaming Problem

mjm0882

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hi, I have an ATI mobility Radeon HD 3870 x2 graphics card and when playing diablo 3 almost all of the particle effects are extremely pixelated, causing the game to be quite rough at times.

Looking for fixes to this I found one thread of other people with the same graphics card and the same problem and all of them fixed it by reverting to the 10.1 drivers. I attempted to do the same, downloaded them from http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Catalyst-10.1-Windows-7-%7C-Vista-32-bit-download-2468.html, uninstalled previous graphics from add/remove programs, restarted to safe mode and ran driver sweeper, restarted and installed those graphics and restarted again. Afterwords it appears as if I have no drivers installed whatsoever, the driver is listed under add/remove programs, but when I go to dxdiag all driver information is blank. I am able to reinstall to the most recent drivers with no problems but I still have the particle effect issues.

I feel like I may just be installing the new drivers wrong but I'm not sure? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.