Program Icons in XP Home

I have been BEATING MY BRAINS OUT trying to figure out how to: 1) Create NEW
"Program Specific" ie: Finance, Legal, Graphics, etc.) groups and then (the
REAL toughie...) cut and paste program link icons from, say a "default"
folder to the new one. I must have FORTY or so folders showing within the
"Programs" area. Everytime I load a new program on, OCCASIONALLY it will ask
if I want to place it in a specific folder but more often, it creates its
own...... 98 was a PIECE OF CAKE to do this in, but XP really has me stumped.
I have LOOKED and LOOKED through Explorer folders trying to find the folder
that they are all in, but so far I have had NO LUCK. It almost seems as
though what's listed within the "Programs" area is in SEVERAL folders.....

Is there ANYONE out there that could maybe enlighten me on this subject??
Thanks.......

Wondering in Weiser..... :-)
1 answer Last reply
More about program icons home

    Right click Start button
    Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
    Then open the Programs folder.
    Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
    OR
    You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
    column.
    Right-click the Start button
    Go to Properties
    Click the Customize button.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
    Check that and hit OK.

    Motel-Man wrote:
    > I have been BEATING MY BRAINS OUT trying to figure out how to: 1)
    > Create NEW "Program Specific" ie: Finance, Legal, Graphics, etc.)
    > groups and then (the REAL toughie...) cut and paste program link
    > icons from, say a "default" folder to the new one. I must have FORTY
    > or so folders showing within the "Programs" area. Everytime I load a
    > new program on, OCCASIONALLY it will ask if I want to place it in a
    > specific folder but more often, it creates its own...... 98 was a
    > PIECE OF CAKE to do this in, but XP really has me stumped. I have
    > LOOKED and LOOKED through Explorer folders trying to find the folder
    > that they are all in, but so far I have had NO LUCK. It almost seems
    > as though what's listed within the "Programs" area is in SEVERAL
    > folders.....
    >
    > Is there ANYONE out there that could maybe enlighten me on this
    > subject?? Thanks.......
    >
    > Wondering in Weiser..... :-)

Configuration Windows XP