Program Icons in XP Home

March 22, 2005 3:43:04 AM

I have been BEATING MY BRAINS OUT trying to figure out how to: 1) Create NEW
"Program Specific" ie: Finance, Legal, Graphics, etc.) groups and then (the
REAL toughie...) cut and paste program link icons from, say a "default"
folder to the new one. I must have FORTY or so folders showing within the
"Programs" area. Everytime I load a new program on, OCCASIONALLY it will ask
if I want to place it in a specific folder but more often, it creates its
own...... 98 was a PIECE OF CAKE to do this in, but XP really has me stumped.
I have LOOKED and LOOKED through Explorer folders trying to find the folder
that they are all in, but so far I have had NO LUCK. It almost seems as
though what's listed within the "Programs" area is in SEVERAL folders.....

Is there ANYONE out there that could maybe enlighten me on this subject??
Thanks.......

Wondering in Weiser..... :-)

More about : program icons home

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:12:40 PM

Right click Start button
Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
Then open the Programs folder.
Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
OR
You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
column.
Right-click the Start button
Go to Properties
Click the Customize button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
Check that and hit OK.

!