Sign in with
Your question

Summer build @ 2000 and up

Last response: in Systems
July 12, 2012 3:41:32 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: 2000-2300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, web browsing etc.
Are you buying a monitor: Not at this time.

Parts to Upgrade: Full build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.ca, ncix.com

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Intel, Nvid

Overclocking: Potentially in the future.

SLI or Crossfire: No for now.

Your Monitor Resolution: When the funds become available I will be looking to get the highest res monitor(s) available. For now I am at 1080P

Additional Comments: Nada.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Old laptop is a piece of ***.

Alright so I've been reading these forums a fair bit, and from what I've gleaned from the topics I've managed to put together a build I perceive to be decent. Now it is up to you (the people of toms hardware) to approve it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/bRwW

I hope that link works. The i7 stays, regardless if I don't need it. I'm not interested in SLI at the moment, at least not until I get a tri monitor display.

My concerns were with the mother board, should I go with the sabertooth or the Asus Ramage extreme...? I don't know anything about mother boards.
Also, although it may not be listed, I did plan on getting the EVGA GTX 670 FTW model.

Thank you for your time. I'd like to stay relatively close to 2000 but going a tad over is fine. The two SSDs are for a boot drive and games. The price difference between the 64GB and the 124 were so small I decided to go with the 124 for the boot drive, yes.

More about : summer build 2000

July 12, 2012 5:23:56 AM

Is it because you are being stubborn or because you are sure in your mind that HT will be utilized in the next 5 years?
July 12, 2012 9:50:52 AM

azeem40 said:
Is it because you are being stubborn or because you are sure in your mind that HT will be utilized in the next 5 years?

HT? oh hyper threading? I just like to have the available power there if I get into anything that will utilize it outside of gaming in the.future
July 12, 2012 11:42:21 AM

Can I assume this build is solid other than the i7?
!