First $500 budget build advice / help.

Onada

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
What I'm asking about;
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQXc

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next few weeks.

Budget Range: $500 after rebates / shipping.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Photoshop, Various IM clients, Online college courses, Surfing the internet, etc.

Are you buying a monitor? No.

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Parts Preferences: Preferably an AMD processor / Motherboard.

Overclocking: Maybe, but not likely.

SLI or Crossfire: No, but perhaps in later build.

Additional Comments: I'm trying to put together a list of parts that fall within the budget so I have a computer that can play most games, but not necessarily at the max graphical settings.

I tend to multi-task, so preferably I would like to be able to switch back and forth between multiple windows easily when gaming.

Overall I suppose I want a balance between everything, and to not go too far in any direction that could perhaps hinder activities / hobbies aside from gaming.

I don't plan on upgrading the computer anytime soon, so I need one that will last for a while until I can buy a better build in the future.

Any advice as far as perhaps better parts that are within the budget are welcome. Also, I would like to know if everything is compatible. I looked over it but I might have misread or overlooked a few things.

Thank you for your time.

zooted

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
The biggest issue that I see with that build is the psu that is included with the case. Do yourself a favor and get an adequate psu from a reliable brand with a bare minimum of 80+ efficiency and active pfc. Some good brands to look at are Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, pc power & cooling etc...