Best graphics card and PSU combo for $200 budget

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I just bought this PC from BestBuy. I want to upgrade alil to the best graphics card and PSU combo possible for $200 budget. I will be playing games at 1920x1200, preferred settings at high or better. I've been eyeing these two HD Radeon 7770 and CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2. Is this combo a good choice or could I get better? Any suggestions are welcome.

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I was looking at that too but sadly it doesn't fit my case. My current PSU dimensions are W 6.0'' x L 5.5'' x H 3.5''

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I was actually considering that one as well. But is this the best I could get at this price range? Is it worth it to spend alil more for something better?

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I have a slim-mid size case so my PSU selection is limited. I'm not sure which one to get exactly. Hmmm that does look better. I might pick that over the 7770 if I can find a good PSU that fits perfectly. I'm willing to spend up to $230.

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
After looking closely I noticed the review is on the Turbo x version. Would that review be similar to what I would be seeing with just the Iceq X version?

Edit:I decided to go with the HIS Iceq X, I'm hoping it fits perfectly. Otherwise I have to send it back and get something else.

Yea me too.I got that exact same combo(just an XFX 6870) about a year ago.Now I upgraded to a 750 watt PSU and have 2 in crossfire.They really are great cards.The Seasonic PSU is just sitting on the table.Haven't decided what i'm gonna do with it yet.

What games are you looking to play? And at what resolution?

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
That's nice I might do the same in the future if I ever feel the need for it. But for now this should be quite enough. I'm planning to get GW2 when it comes out and that's about it. Gonna play it at 1920x1200 on a 25" monitor. I'm feeling quite broke right about now lol.

You should have no problem maxing that game out.Yeah, all this money has gone into my PC and I still can't max out the top end games.But as a first time PC gamer you should be thrilled at how good it's going to look.Goodluck and happy gaming.

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Everything came today, I had a lil trouble fitting em in but they did perfectly in the end. All set and ready to play some games now. Thanks for all the advice guys =]

Breadlover

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Indeed it does, I was afraid it wouldn't fit. Even after measuring the inside of my case I was still hesitant about the card. Luckily there was just enough space all around that area. It looked like the casing of the card was gonna get in the way somehow but it didn't. I think the airflow is fine, my pc is just as silent as it was before, can't hear a thing.