First Time Build - Gaming Rig (Australia)

tommy_x

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am planning on building my first pure Gaming PC, which is also my first build and I have done some research and have to put together a list of parts that I wanted to include in my build. Money is not really an issue with me, but if I'm buying something that is not needed or has a cheaper alternative than by all means let me know.

I appreciate as much feedback as possible.

I am also from Australia, which rules out a couple sites regularly used here to source pc parts.

Thanks!

Approximate Purchase Date: August

Budget Range: 2000-2500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I will be using it mainly for gaming (High end MMO's, Skyrim, BF3 ect.), purely gaming tbh as I have a laptop to watch movies and surf the internet with.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: cplonline.com.au (Aussie Site)

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

List of Parts.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155

Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower

Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W ATX12V / EPS12V

Monitor: Asus VE276Q 27.0"

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

Solution
That list is looking really good: I would change that RAM... you want to get a kit that will fit nicely under that beast of a CPU cooler. A 1600MHz C9 DDR3 8 GB kit that is 'low profile' is great for a gaming build:

G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB = $58
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19632

PCCaseGear, is another good site (see link above) and they're in your state, which saves you a shipping charge :). It's a bit hard to recommend better value choices when I don't know how much you are paying for those individual parts. But as far as quality and compatibility goes you're looking good.

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
That list is looking really good: I would change that RAM... you want to get a kit that will fit nicely under that beast of a CPU cooler. A 1600MHz C9 DDR3 8 GB kit that is 'low profile' is great for a gaming build:

G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB = $58
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19632

PCCaseGear, is another good site (see link above) and they're in your state, which saves you a shipping charge :). It's a bit hard to recommend better value choices when I don't know how much you are paying for those individual parts. But as far as quality and compatibility goes you're looking good.

Solution