6600 button problem

Hi,

I have a 6600 model since June. I never had any trouble since 2 weeks
ago. Suddenly the two buttons around the joystick (OK and Cancel
buttons) are not responding. At first it was sometimes. I needed to
press during several seconds before I could get a response to the
pressing. I carefully not pressed too hard, cause I don't want to ruin
my phone. But now I can't do anything. To select the right button, i can
use the middle joystick button, but for Cancel there is no alternative.
I have restarted, formatted ( the Green 3 * sequence), nothing seems to
fix it. Now I doubt it is software problem. My Firmware is 4.09.1
Any idea ?
Thanks a lot.
3 answers Last reply
More about 6600 button problem

    JScoobyCed wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a 6600 model since June. I never had any trouble since 2 weeks
    > ago. Suddenly the two buttons around the joystick (OK and Cancel
    > buttons) are not responding. At first it was sometimes. I needed to
    > press during several seconds before I could get a response to the
    > pressing. I carefully not pressed too hard, cause I don't want to ruin
    > my phone. But now I can't do anything. To select the right button, i can
    > use the middle joystick button, but for Cancel there is no alternative.
    > I have restarted, formatted ( the Green 3 * sequence), nothing seems to
    > fix it. Now I doubt it is software problem. My Firmware is 4.09.1
    > Any idea ?
    > Thanks a lot.

    Just in case it helps, I have removed the Memory Card and restarted the
    phone. I got my two buttons back. After I put back the memory, it still
    works, ... but for how long.
    Do you think that it is because I removed the battery (in order to
    remove the memory card) or is it because it started without the memory
    and could 'initialize' better ?
    Before removing the card, I have triied starting the phone pressing the
    pencil button (so nothing starts in the background) but it didn't change
    anything.

    I am wondering if it is because of the games I have installed before or
    if it is a real phone problem.
    Anyway, I have formatted, and I won't install anything for a few days or
    weeks (even won't sync my Contact list, won't open BlueTooth, won't play
    much. I can give it a try and see if it is my fault of barbarian user :)

    Anyway any idea/similar case/more information welcome.

    Thank you.

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:28:50 +0700, JScoobyCed wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a 6600 model since June. I never had any trouble since 2 weeks
    > ago. Suddenly the two buttons around the joystick (OK and Cancel
    > buttons) are not responding. At first it was sometimes. I needed to
    > press during several seconds before I could get a response to the
    > pressing. I carefully not pressed too hard, cause I don't want to ruin
    > my phone. But now I can't do anything. To select the right button, i can
    > use the middle joystick button, but for Cancel there is no alternative.
    > I have restarted, formatted ( the Green 3 * sequence), nothing seems to
    > fix it. Now I doubt it is software problem. My Firmware is 4.09.1

    As it's only one month old, get it replaced/exchanged under warranty.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    JScoobyCed wrote:
    >> JScoobyCed wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a 6600 model since June. I never had any trouble since 2
    >>> weeks ago. Suddenly the two buttons around the joystick (OK and
    >>> Cancel buttons) are not responding. At first it was sometimes. I
    >>> needed to press during several seconds before I could get a
    >>> response to the pressing. I carefully not pressed too hard, cause I
    >>> don't want to ruin my phone. But now I can't do anything. To select
    >>> the right button, i can use the middle joystick button, but for
    >>> Cancel there is no alternative. I have restarted, formatted ( the
    >>> Green 3 * sequence), nothing seems to fix it. Now I doubt it is
    >>> software problem. My Firmware is 4.09.1
    >>> Any idea ?
    >>> Thanks a lot.
    >>
    >> Just in case it helps, I have removed the Memory Card and restarted
    >> the phone. I got my two buttons back. After I put back the memory,
    >> it still works, ... but for how long.
    >> Do you think that it is because I removed the battery (in order to
    >> remove the memory card) or is it because it started without the
    >> memory and could 'initialize' better ?
    >> Before removing the card, I have triied starting the phone pressing
    >> the pencil button (so nothing starts in the background) but it
    >> didn't change anything.
    >>
    >> I am wondering if it is because of the games I have installed before
    >> or if it is a real phone problem.
    >> Anyway, I have formatted, and I won't install anything for a few
    >> days or weeks (even won't sync my Contact list, won't open
    >> BlueTooth, won't play much. I can give it a try and see if it is my
    >> fault of barbarian user :)
    >>
    >> Anyway any idea/similar case/more information welcome.
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    Probably a bug? My case with 9210, 1st-ly the buttons need a LOT of
    pressure - sent to nokia for cleaning, was OK for few months more. 2nd time
    it happened, nokia said the keypad failed.. (carbon worn-out)...so had to
    change the front PCB that has the keypad

Nokia Joystick