Cooling my PC right?

G

Hi guys,i have installed some new modifications to my Case. (cooling fans)
on the upper of my case i got the stock fans i got from the case, (2 x Antec TwoCool 12 cm)
thoes 2 fans (the stock) are half controllable with a little switch [ Low & High ]

and i have installed 3 more Arctic F12cm http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/case-fans/77/arctic-f.html
any way i have putted all the fans like in this picture:

2012112223.jpg

and all my fans are connected and controlled by the NZXT Sentry 2.
So i can buy 2 more fans and connect them to the NZXT so 5 fans will be controlled by the NZXT. and the 2 Antec fans can be used by they're little controller .total i will have 7 fans.

the questions are
should i install 2 more fans in the front?
and should i flip the top fans?
or i should do both???
(btw if i i will flip the top fans im going to install some dust filter,i wanna keep that nooby pc clean xD)

20121123000101.jpg

20121123000029.jpg

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I'll recommend you to put the 2 120 mm in the front, that will help to increase the amount of intakes and reducing the dust (due to the positive pressure of the case (The intakes must have a fan filter for this to work).

If you have more filtered intakes than exhausts, the dust is most likely to stay out of the case.

Oh if you have cooling problems, cable management can help.

G

1.I thought about it and i will but and install 2 fans in front to increase the front intake.
2.why should i flip the PSU to and intake flow? it will suck get dust xD it will get much cool air i guess
3.the cables will be tided up after i will finish everything :)
4.so my final question is,will it be enough for the 4 front fans to be the only intakes? i'm pretty sure that it will i just need a confirm xD

now im thinking buying the same fans( the arctic f12 )
or a bit stronger?

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

2. Don't do that it'll suck hot air from your GPU.
4. I think so, your hard drives and GPU will benefit for that push-pull configuration in the front. Swap the 2 fans in the top and put them in the front and see how that works, if there's an overheating problem swap the lower HDD cage fan and put it in the top.

fat-chunk

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey there!

Personally I would flip the power supply so it can intake cool air from outside the case. If you do this though make sure that you do not put your desktop on carpet, or put some cardboard in between to avoid overheating and dust intake.

Also, I think only one front intake fan is really necessary but two definitely won't hurt.

I would also flip the top fan closest to the drive bays. The reason for this is that cool air can be taken into the case which will pass through your CPU cooler. This is a similar setup to what I have and it works great for me!

Also, do you have a side fan on your case door? If so, make it an intake as it will cool the interior and graphics card a bit.

All the best, and good luck with your build! :)

G

Guys thanks a lot for all your comment and opinions!
i decided the next thing:
i will buy 2 more fans
Scythe Kama Flow 2 120mm Fan 1400 RPM ( http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/106/sp1225fdb12_detail.html )
or
Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 PWM CO ( http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/case-fans/556/arctic-f-pwm-co-.html )

and I will put both them in the front (intake of-course!)

I will not change the direction of the PSU since I tried the current system
(played for a while while the fans where on a stable speed and not too noisy,all were on 40%-60% ) and I did not got hot at all,
and if I will change it - it will flow hot air to the GPU which is the most important thing i'm trying to avoid xD

BTW the PSU was taking the air not from its button but from the back of the PC,where is not dust filter,and taking air inside the PC, that's why i flipped it so it will outtake. [ and so it won't get hot air to the GPU ]

im sorry for bothering you all but i needed to hear some opinions, my last question will be witch fan's should i buy? the Scythe or the Arctic?
and im sorry but it will take me HOURS to decide the best answer xD this is the most hardest part witch after i have guilty conscience xD

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
The Artic cooling seems like a good fan, I don't know about the scythe, but i'll choose the Arctic Cooling one.

Any of those fan should work great, you won't be able to hear them over your GPU fan.

fat-chunk

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

Are you sure about how your PSU airflow works? Unless yours is a rare exception, all PSUs that I know of intake through the big fan and expel out the back of the PC. Always.

So from what I can see currently, your PSU is sucking up all of the hot air coming out of your GPU. The last thing you want is an overheating PSU trust me.

If you were to flip it, it would intake cool air from outside through the bottom of the case (provided your case has a grille or opening at the bottom, which most modern cases do). Then it would expel this outside through the back of your PC.

By doing this you actually completely separate the airflow of your PSU from the rest of the PC. This way you will never have to worry about your PSU overheating if your case gets too hot. Just make sure your case isn't sitting on a carpet as that will block up your PSU's intake from the bottom.

I hope this clears things up, and that I'm not completely misunderstanding what you said and being stupid :sol:

fat-chunk

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
BTW when I say flip the PSU, i mean physically flip the whole brick and turn it upside down so that the fan is on the bottom of your case. Not flip the actual fan inside (that should always be an intake fan).

Just wanted to clear this up just in case

Also, I don't know if you're in the US (in which case these might be hard to find) but if you're concerned about noise, and still want excellent cooling performance than I would recommend Silent Wings fans.

My PSU and my case fans are made by this company (be quiet!) and they are exceptional. Never going back. :)

http://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Sorry I didn't watch the PSU image, turn the PSU down (With the fan facing down) I think your case is the Antec P280, it has a dust filer in the bottom, so your PSU it's going to get cool air from the bottom and stay clean thanks to the dust filer.

Besides the cables from the PSU are going to stay closer to the cable management hole, so you'll be able to route the cables at the back of the motherboard and it'll help you to improve your cooling.

G

hi guys im back.
well i bought a Scythe 1 fan to try it and i didn't like it since it makes a weird noise from its engine.

im going to buy 2 Antec True Quiet Pro 120mm fans.bets i have found i think to install in the front.

i have flipped the PSU so it takes cool air from the bottom thru the dust filter - btw the PSU fan was flipped (sucking air from where it should go out xD) when i bought it so i had to flip it. (i mentioned it before)

if you guys can give me any suggestions i would like to hear.
and here is a photo of my PC atm: (cables are better now??)

also the PCI-E cables for the GPU are to short too get them around in any way and too long to leave them here...any suggestions??
20121126183602.jpg

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
It seems great, just put the 2 intake fans in the front. The cables looks a lot better now, the bad thing about the Antec P280 is the size, it looks almost like a Full Atx case :D, besides that GPU has the PCI-E Cables almost in the middle and the cable management hole is too far.

G

thanks!
im looking now for a cable extender so i could make those cables somehow around :)))
any suggestion for GOOD 120mm fans? for the front??
by the way without that noisy fan i bought the computer can barley heard :D))

fat-chunk

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey!

Nice job with the cables they look really nice and tidy now.
I wouldn't worry about the one cable going across for the GPU, I have the same problem.
I wouldn't bother with an extension as it will have to come up and across from one of the management holes anyway.

I find it surprising that Corsair would sell you a PSU with the fan the wrong way round :heink: but your setup looks good now!

:D

As for fans, again if you like silent fans with great airflow I will again recommend the ones I linked you to before if you can get a hold of them!

http://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans

:sol:

G

I gotta say thank you all guys again,
i will not select the best answer since this is impossible! xD
and i changed my mind about replacing the Scythe fan and adding another one,he is pretty strong he gives 1600rpm and a good airflow but makes an annoying noise. - then again i dont have a overheat problem so i will leave this like this for now and turn on the noisy fan only when i'm gaming,and then i wont hear the pc at all even if everything would be on 100% xD
im thanking you guys again for your opinions and help!!

WHAT A AWESOME COMMUNITY!!

fat-chunk

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey one of my fan makes an annoying noise when spinning at full RPM as well (some crappy stock fan that came with my case).

I bought a fan controller and it solved everything. I can control all my fans and even my heatsink too. When I'm not doing any gaming or running taxing processes I turn everything down and the computer is dead silent. It was pretty cheap too.

Might be worth considering...