Sign in with
Your question

First Build or Existing Offer? Undecided!

Last response: in Systems
July 12, 2012 11:10:58 AM

Hi, I've been looking at building a pc recently and after hours of looking through this forum (and having changed my budget from £600 to £1100) I decided on this set up.

Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Evo 212
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8gb
SSD - Samsung 830 128 gb
GPU - Nvidia GTX 670 2gb
CPU - Ivy Bridge 3570k
Case - NZXT Phantom 410
OS - Windows 7 OEM
PSU - Corsair 650w

That came to almost exactly £1100 and I was happy until I saw this machine from Chillblast - http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Thunderbird...

This is only £1000 but with the better Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, 240gb SSD (mushkin is not as good as the 830 but twice capacity), a Samsung Blu-ray drive (may or may not use), a 2TB HDD, and windows 7 OEM!

The only negatives were the patriot ram and I was unsure about the CPU cooler, however I'm happy to add the £20 option of Corsair XMS 3 and upgrade the cooler to an Akasa Venom Voodoo for a £17.

I think it should be noted the Chillblast machine would cost me £1,150 if I were to buy the parts it offers from the cheapest suppliers myself! (As a business student I understand economies of scale and discounts from their suppliers, but how they can afford to sell this machine at this price is beyond me!)

I was really looking forward to building a PC but this looks like too good an offer to pass up, in your opinion should I build my PC with my exact requirements at an extra £100 cost or buy the existing deal (in which the SSD is inferior)?
July 12, 2012 11:14:39 AM

* In addition the Chillblast actually includes a 2tb HDD
July 12, 2012 1:01:40 PM

id change that motherboard to p8z77-v Lk instead. the LK i know for sure supports SLi

for the power supply, id up it to 750w if you want to do SLI in the future. a good unit is the xfx xxx 750w

the cooler is fine

vengeance ram doesnt fit under the hhyper 212. get something like gskill ripjaws memory instead otherwise it looks fine to me
Related resources
!