foolman555

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hi, im looking to get a gigabit ethernet adapter for my minecraft server that is quite big now. It used to run off the motherboard but now since its quite big i thought if i should get a good card. I was wondering if you could help me with one?
It has to be a pci card and compatible with windows 8 *if your not sure ill just ask the people where ill buy it from*
Price range $0-$100
I would like to keep it as a budget as it would be coming from donations :)

Thanks

Wanna join?
StolenCraft
stolencraft.weebly.com
211.30.116.192 * soon custom ip and web address coming!*

As long as the adapter is working properly, I don't see any reason to get a new one. You're most likely going to be limited by the CPU/RAM or your internet connection, and the motherboards now use gigabit adapters so you would be buying something you already have.

foolman555

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

ive got 16gb ram 1600mhz and a 3.6ghz cpu also a 60gb sata 3 6gbs to load the files from.
I was also looking because i read that it takes less pressure off the cpu and chipset is that true?

If you get something like a Killer NIC (or the equivalent - these are just well-know) they will have a better processor to handle the information.

I don't know if they work well for uploading information (I'd assume they would), but they do work a little better than regular gigabit ethernet adapters.