- Sapphire HD Radeon 7850 OC 2GB

The Acer is connected via a VGA to DVI converter on the 4890

The Samsung is connected via HDMI to the 7850

The Iiyama is connected via DVI to the 7850

My other components are:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X85-UD5
Proc: Intel core i7 930 2.8Ghz
Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB

The issue I'm having is that Windows changes my color scheme and gives me the following error:

"The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic.
The current color scheme has exceeded it's allowed memory so the color scheme has been automatically changed to improve performance. Click to see more information"

I've already configured Windows 7 to "Adjust for best appearance" but no joy

The latest driver for the 7850 is 12.4 which I installed when I installed the card.

I've tried reverting to 12.3 but still nothing.

I installed a Windows Gadget to monitor the temperature and sometimes it goes up to 67°C when doing something easy like watching a movie or something (not benchmarking, not even gaming). I don't know how reliable that gadget is but I thought I'd give it to anyway.

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?

My Sapphire 7850 has the following connectors:
- 1 HDMI
- 1 DVI
- 2 mini-DP

Unfortunately, I don't have a monitor with display or mini-display. I know that it is possible to go from DVI to mini-display but those converters are very expensive. Do you know any other solution if I wanted to connect all 3 monitors to the 7850 card?

Thanks

Hi

From a quick google it seems windows disables areo if your running software that aero isn't compatible with, also alot of people are having the same issue if they are remotely accessing other computers.

Have you tried running all 3 monitors from the HD7850? Not sure how the driver would work with a HD4890 and 7850...

Dezz_91

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I've read that too but I didn't have the issue when running two monitors of it so I doubt it's a software issue.

I'm also not accessing my computer from remote.

I can't run the 3 monitors from the HD7850 because I have no way of connecting all three. I would either need a displayport monitor or a converter which like I said is really expensive (~ 100$)

I might just save some money and buy a second HD7850 and use crossfire.

If someone else has any ideas, I'm still open to suggestions.

I tried to find a way to disable windows from automatically disabling aero but I can't find a solution

Maybe someone else has an answer

Good luck man

good news, you're wrong!

at display resolutions at or below 1920x1200 you only need an active mini display port to single link DVI adapter. my friend just did this with his 5750. they are 20-30 bucks. here's one but there are others on Amazon and Ames eyefinity page.

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087

The 4890 will have driver issues with the newest ones I think. its also a heat/power hog so the adapter will probably pay for itself. and you can sell or reuse the 4890. And you'll be able to use eyefinity if you want

EDIT: Crossfire requires ALL monitors be connected to the primary card. Buying a 2nd 7850 and running them in crossfire will still require you use a display port adapter.

Dezz_91

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hey Unksol,

So running Eyefinity on three monitors connected to a single HD7850 is possible but I would have a lower FPS which I wouldn't have with two graphics cards?

The Accell B087B is a DVI to Displayport but the HD7850 came with a displayport to mini-displayport connector so I might consider buying one of those.

Thanks for the info.

it will give lower frames if you run eyefinity for games. it wont affect productivity which is what you're doing now. and you can always run 3 but only use one for gaming if you choose.

not sure what happened to.my link the first time. ill try again. should be mini to DVI.
www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-006B-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Certified/dp/B004071ZXA

link to AMDs displayport adapter page
http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx