Sign in with
Your question

Best CPU and Motherboard?

Last response: in CPUs
November 22, 2012 9:36:53 PM

Currently im running a full amd system. Amd CPU and AMD Motherboard. With 2 AMD GFX cards in Xfire.

Im looking to switch to an intel CPU/motherboard that has xfire and sli support.

I can't seem to find a solid answer on which intel CPU is best for gaming. At the end of the day, I would like to run the MMORPG's I play on ultra with relatively high fps.

So as of now, could someone list me the 3 best intel CPU's and the best Asus motherboard for gaming?

Thanks in advanced.

More about : cpu motherboard

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
November 22, 2012 10:51:08 PM

Depends on your budget and vender. Right now microcenter has the 3770K for only $230 in some of their stores (may sell out on black friday). It's $60 cheaper than newegg. And the asrock extreme 4 at $130 is a great value.
m
l
November 23, 2012 12:05:38 AM

o1die said:
Depends on your budget and vender. Right now microcenter has the 3770K for only $230 in some of their stores (may sell out on black friday). It's $60 cheaper than newegg. And the asrock extreme 4 at $130 is a great value.

Don't take budget into account. I just want the information.

Exactly what is the best intel CPU for gaming, and which motherboard is the best for the job/ most reliable?
However I won't take anything but Asus.
m
l
Related resources
November 23, 2012 10:07:59 AM

Bump
m
l
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
November 23, 2012 3:57:18 PM

There is no most reliable or best of any asus boards. Some are good and some folks aren't happy with their asus experience. I go by the newegg reviews, or you can google for a hardware site review of the model you're interested in.
m
l
!