cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
Is 85c fine for a GTX580 for long periods of time?. I ask because Witcher 2 gets my temps to 85c and im scared to play it in fear that i might fry/damage my card playing for alot of hours.

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
Thank you for the reply that is a relief to hear. I have another question though, to keep that 85c stable i need 85% fanspeed, my question is, is it okay to have the fan running that fast?, wont it break off or something , come flying out the case ? i dont mind the noise i just want to know if that is good for the card to be running that fast fanspeed for very long periods of times , like 8+ hours

You don't need to worry about the fan, its rated for years of abuse at 100% fan speed, I would just make sure its not full of dust.

How is your case airflow? the reason I ask is because 85% fan speed is quite high to maintain a temp of 85C.

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011

Its weird because my case airflow is fine,
*all the fans are 2000RPM
2x side panel intakes
2x front panel intakes
2x buttom intakes
3x top exhausts
2x rear exhausts (CPU cooler push/pull)

With all that airflow the card still gets really hot. Dont really know what else i can do to keep it cool, already filled the case with fans, most of em blowing cold air into the case. I think part of the reason its runs hot is because its ontop another video card just sucking all that heat, also it has a stock cooler with just one fan. But yeah inside the case its cool but its not enough to stop that card from heating up crazy, its an EVGA GTX580 SC btw.

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
Unfortunately i cant =[, my motherboard is a P67A-UD4-B3 and it only has 2 PCI-E slots, and ontop of that my other GTX580 is a DCUII so it occupies 3 slots, there's only 1 slot in between the cards pretty much.

Do you think it would help if i keep the EVGA one at the buttom instead and have DCUII ontop?, but that way there will be no space between the two, but the DCUII can probably handle it as the cooling is excellent on that card. What do you think?

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011

Alright i switched the cards and yay the temps are lower and they are actually more similar now. The other card kind idles alot higher now though, it used to be 30c something now its at 40c, but they are both idling at 40c and maxing in the 60's and im completely okay with that. Only problem is the noise has been increased because the DCUII card is following the aggressive fan profile i set up for the EVGA Card. Anyway i can have separate fan profiles for the two?

cyborg34572

Distinguished
May 15, 2011

Nice!. Thank you very much, you have been very helpful. Now i can finally game without worrying much about temps and such, time to be immersed :D.

TRENDING THREADS