Rogue poison quest

Where the heck is it... everyone says its at Stormwind, but it isn't.

I've been all over the Rogue place there and I've picked up Claven's Tower
quest but all you get is Thistle Tea.

Where can I learn Poison level 1? I can't learn poisons from a trainer
because they all say I need level 1

This really pissing me off now its been weeks I've been trying to find
this.

In article <14ortehlx9d4l$.1mwb9379r9rqs$.dlg@40tude.net>,
Kav <nerfthatdruid@druidnerf.com> wrote:

> Where the heck is it... everyone says its at Stormwind, but it isn't.

It is in Stormwind.

> I've been all over the Rogue place there and I've picked up Claven's Tower
> quest but all you get is Thistle Tea.

Yes, and it's the first *part* of the string of quests to get your
poison skills.

> Where can I learn Poison level 1? I can't learn poisons from a trainer
> because they all say I need level 1

When you get the ability, the trainer in the Barracks will sell you all
the poisons your level is qualified for.

> This really pissing me off now its been weeks I've been trying to find
> this.

If you've gotten the Thistle Tea, that means you've completed Klaven's
Tower, now you need to go see Doc Mixilpixil in the basement of the
rogue headquarters in Stormwind City, and he'll send you on your way,
the quest line is "The Touch Of Zanzil". You *might* need to see the guy
upstairs first, as well, it's been a long time since I did the quest.
It's one of the funnier quests in the game, I laughed my butt off at the
end of it.

Oh, you need to be level 20, too.

"Kav" <nerfthatdruid@druidnerf.com> wrote in message
> Where the heck is it... everyone says its at Stormwind, but it isn't.
>
> I've been all over the Rogue place there and I've picked up Claven's Tower
> quest but all you get is Thistle Tea.
>

> Where can I learn Poison level 1? I can't learn poisons from a trainer
> because they all say I need level 1
>
> This really pissing me off now its been weeks I've been trying to find
> this.

IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned with the
Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick the lock on the
chest in the top of Claven's tower, and then you have to complete the quest
for the gnome doctor that provides you with the cure. After that, you
should be able to buy poison skills from the trainers, and make and use
poisons.
-Marshall

Shane

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:53:34 GMT, Kav <nerfthatdruid@druidnerf.com>
wrote:

>Where can I learn Poison level 1? I can't learn poisons from a trainer
>because they all say I need level 1

The turn in should have unlocked it for you. Did you check your
general menu for the poison button that acts like a alchemy skill? It
doesn't give you a button to push to use poison, it just opens a
window to grind out poisons, that is what was unlocked. Then you buy
the poisons recipes from the from the trainer and ingredients from the
vendor. If there is no poison button in general, you either did
something wrong or you are bugged. In the case of the later, ask a GM
for help.

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned with the
> Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick the lock on the
> chest in the top of Claven's tower.

Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the disease. I
didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without it. Doc still managed
to 'cure' me.

- Fallout

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:22:37 GMT, Shane said:

> On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:53:34 GMT, Kav <nerfthatdruid@druidnerf.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Where can I learn Poison level 1? I can't learn poisons from a trainer
>>because they all say I need level 1
>
> The turn in should have unlocked it for you. Did you check your
> general menu for the poison button that acts like a alchemy skill? It
> doesn't give you a button to push to use poison, it just opens a
> window to grind out poisons, that is what was unlocked. Then you buy
> the poisons recipes from the from the trainer and ingredients from the
> vendor. If there is no poison button in general, you either did
> something wrong or you are bugged. In the case of the later, ask a GM
> for help.

Yeah, thanks all!

I was able to buy poison after handing in this quest... I'm a total idiot
and was looking for a specific "learn posion" type of quest!

Shane

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:49:14 +0100, "Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote:

>> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned with the
>> Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick the lock on the
>> chest in the top of Claven's tower.
>
>Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the disease. I
>didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without it. Doc still managed
>to 'cure' me.
>
>- Fallout

It's poison (not disease) so either a druid can cure you or first aid
poison skill clears it without the Doc. No real worries.

"Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote in message

>> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned with the
>> Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick the lock on the
>> chest in the top of Claven's tower.
>
> Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the disease. I
> didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without it. Doc still
> managed to 'cure' me.

Well, considering that his collegue is a squirrel and a statue, I would
think curing a non-exsistant disease "no problem."
:)

"Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:49:14 +0100, "Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote:
>
>>> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned with the
>>> Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick the lock on the
>>> chest in the top of Claven's tower.
>>
>>Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the disease. I
>>didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without it. Doc still
>>managed
>>to 'cure' me.
>>
>>- Fallout
>
> It's poison (not disease) so either a druid can cure you or first aid
> poison skill clears it without the Doc. No real worries.

Also, the poison remedies from StV work on the poison, too, with
one dose.

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

"Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:49:14 +0100, "Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote:
>
>>> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned with the
>>> Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick the lock on the
>>> chest in the top of Claven's tower.
>>
>>Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the disease. I
>>didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without it. Doc still
>>managed
>>to 'cure' me.
>>
>>- Fallout
>
> It's poison (not disease) so either a druid can cure you or first aid
> poison skill clears it without the Doc. No real worries.

My point was that you don't need to get poisoned to complete the quest.

-Fallout

"Mark Rimer" <gone@not.there> wrote in message
> "Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> >>Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the disease. I
> >>didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without it. Doc still
> >>managed
> >>to 'cure' me.
> >>
> >>- Fallout
> >
> > It's poison (not disease) so either a druid can cure you or first aid
> > poison skill clears it without the Doc. No real worries.
>
> Also, the poison remedies from StV work on the poison, too, with
> one dose.

I cured it the old fashioned way. (Having my rogue turned into a long red
smear by a mob 5 levels above him..)

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Fallout <a@d.c> stared blankly into space for a short while before
writing:
>> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned
>> with the Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick
>> the lock on the chest in the top of Claven's tower.
>
> Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the
> disease. I didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without
> it. Doc still managed to 'cure' me.

I did no such thing!

--
Doc

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

"Doc" <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote in message
> Fallout <a@d.c> stared blankly into space for a short while before
> writing:
>>> IIRC, you have to be at least lvl 20, you have to get poisoned
>>> with the Zanzil's disease (forget the exact name) when you pick
>>> the lock on the chest in the top of Claven's tower.
>>
>> Just a nit-picking point, but don't worry if you don't get the
>> disease. I didn't and then rest of the quest worked fine without
>> it. Doc still managed to 'cure' me.
>

> I did no such thing!
>
> --
> Doc

You mean I lay down on the floor for an imposter? I feel violated.

-Fallut
I'll never go near that basement again.

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
> I cured it the old fashioned way. (Having my rogue turned into a long
> red
> smear by a mob 5 levels above him..)

Ah, yes...you have learned the Rogues' little known "Feign Feign Death"
skill, grasshoppa...

100% effective, usually used after a 1000 pt ambush or string of SS
crits when fighting a group of 4 or 5 elite mobs, useful for getting time
to go to the bathroom or get something to eat during a tough instance
run. No mob will attack a FFD rogue, and no mana has to be
wasted on healing him. All curses/malaise spells are dispelled, with
the downside of buffs being dispelled, too.

You are on the true path...