Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gpu driver failure!!!!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 19, 2012 12:31:55 PM

Help well i have a nvidia gt525m and whenever i updated my driver it always failed then again i tried and it was succesfull well the 296.10 driver worked but when i saw the 301.24 driver i tried to install that now my gpu is wrecked it wont let me install any driver i cant do a system restore and the gpu tries to fix itself every start up but unsuccessful any help will be appreciated

More about : gpu driver failure

May 19, 2012 12:38:47 PM

zero00beat said:
Help well i have a nvidia gt525m and whenever i updated my driver it always failed then again i tried and it was succesfull well the 296.10 driver worked but when i saw the 301.24 driver i tried to install that now my gpu is wrecked it wont let me install any driver i cant do a system restore and the gpu tries to fix itself every start up but unsuccessful any help will be appreciated


Reinstall your Operating System and then install driver 296.10 and avoid the 301.24 driver like the devil
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 2:19:48 PM

you dont have to reinstall windows. 296.10 is known to be buggy. I and many other people have experience the same or different problems with the latest wqhl version of nividia. Best way is to downgrade to a more stable version of nividia. I personally am using 295.73.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 19, 2012 2:33:27 PM

lookerup said:
you dont have to reinstall windows. 296.10 is known to be buggy. I and many other people have experience the same or different problems with the latest wqhl version of nividia. Best way is to downgrade to a more stable version of nividia. I personally am using 295.73.


I was using the latest drivers of nvidia until last week when i upgraded my GPU to an AMD Radeon HD 6850 so now i'm not using nvidia drivers
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 3:38:43 PM

o..good to hear. how is the radeon hd 6850 so far?
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 3:51:22 PM

What laptop is the gpu sitting in?

Many laptop manufacturers have modified gfx drivers i.e. you might have some issues going direct to nvidia - though from experience, not always. The big problem, of course, is that the laptop manufacturer is much slower in updating the gfx driver than nvidia (or AMD).
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 3:54:24 PM

lookerup said:
o..good to hear. how is the radeon hd 6850 so far?


So far it runs just fine if you take into account the fact i have an Athlon II X3 445 CPU. i need a new cpu now aswell lol bottleneck.... gonna buy the Phenom II X4 965 BE
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 6:41:15 AM

thanks i fixed it by deleting old driver and installing dell one today the new 301.41 whql came out hope that works :D 
m
0
l
May 27, 2012 1:23:49 AM

everyone i fixed it by installing the driver through device manager it works so well now :D 
m
0
l
!