New Build.. PSU confusion.

Hi guys,
I will be going to buy a new pc in some days. Here are the specs.

INTEL CORE i3 2120 3.30Ghz

INTEL DH61WW (LGA 1155)

KINGSTON DDR3 4GB-1333

SAMSUNG DVDRW 22X DL SATA

SEAGATE 500GB 3.5" 16MB

AMD Radeon HD 7770 His.

COOLER MASTER ELITE 371 PSU 420W

Now i am really confused with the power supply. It is 420watts. But i dont know what is the brand it might be thermal master 420w psu.

Will that power supply be enough to run the pc?

Or i should buy ANTEC BP430 430WATTS CONTINUOUS POWER PSU.

And yeah i have limited number of products available in my country..

Your help is much appreciated.
8 answers Last reply
More about build confusion
  1. Quote:


    Now i am really confused with the power supply. It is 420watts. But i dont know what is the brand it might be thermal master 420w psu.


    Thermal Master? I'd stay away. The PSU is one area where it is a very bad idea to go cheap on or you'll risk the consequences.

    Quote:
    And yeah i have limited number of products available in my country..


    If there's a site you buy from I can suggest a PSU.
  2. Here is site for buying psu http://galaxy.pk/form031.htm
    ""The 420watt psu i mentioned above is used in this build http://galaxy.pk/form068.html .
  3. Thermal Master is cooler master's really low end line of PSUs that they sell with their cases because they are too crappy to sell alone.

    The build you linked to that was using the 420 W PSU mentioned above was using the Intel built in graphics, your graphics card presents significantly more load. I would step it up to the Corsair CX430, its more expensive than the BP430 but also a fair bit better. Stay clear of the cooler master eXtreme Power Plus line up, they seem like they are priced well, but they are priced really poorly for a dull box full of crappy fireworks.
  4. hamza91 said:
    Here is site for buying psu http://galaxy.pk/form031.htm
    ""The 420watt psu i mentioned above is used in this build http://galaxy.pk/form068.html .


    Doesn't look like there's much of a selection - the Corsair CX430 or Antec Earthwatts would be better choices.
  5. I went there today. Corsair Cx430w is out of stock, BP430 will do good??
    And i have changed my mind to get Antec 300 Pc case.
  6. I have bought a Viewsonic VA1918wm 19 inch reso 1440x900 is it ok to run with HD 7770??
  7. hamza91 said:
    I have bought a Viewsonic VA1918wm 19 inch reso 1440x900 is it ok to run with HD 7770??


    Yeah a 7770 will handle that resolution just fine.

    Quote:
    I went there today. Corsair Cx430w is out of stock, BP430 will do good??
    And i have changed my mind to get Antec 300 Pc case.


    Is that the Antec? That should be fine. And yes the Antec 300 is a good choice.
  8. Yes it is "ANTEC BP430 430WATTS CONTINUOUS POWER PSU"

    And someone told me HD 7770 gives 25 fps only on Skyrim is it true? :o
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems