Solved

Cannot, for the life of me, get this mouse to work!

I have a Logitech G9 that I've been using for the last 3+ years, great mouse, no problems. I just finished a new system and the first mouse I used was a cheapo wireless one made for laptop use so I could navigate the BIOS and whatnot. I then got my main mouse out and plugged it in.

1. It makes a sound when I plug it in and out.
2. The blue sensitivity lights are on.
3. It works when I navigate the MSI BIOS.
4. It doesn't work when I enter log-on screen.

I've already installed SetPoint drivers from the disc, then from the updated version. When I open the software it says no supported devices detected. I've already uninstalled all mouse drivers, rebooted, and plugged it in again.

So now I'm using a 10 year old Logitech Trackball that rolls as smoothly as a snowboard on cobblestone, so I really want to get this G9 up and running.

Yeah... ?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cannot life mouse work
  1. Are you plugging it into a USB 3.0 port? My mouse and keyboard work in the MSI bios when plugged into 3.0 but only work in Windows when plugged into 2.0 ports
  2. Hmm... doesn't seem to have had any effect. I tried the rear USB 2.0 ports (I think there's only two on mine) and the two 2.0 ports in the front. It does however, still make a sound when plugging in and it still lights up. Just no response.
  3. What version of windows are you running?
    also....
    Have you tried running the SetPoint software as an administrator?
  4. robozman said:
    What version of windows are you running?
    also....
    Have you tried running the SetPoint software as an administrator?


    Running a clean install of Win 7 Pro x64. I have not tried that, doing so now.

    EDIT: Surprise! Nothing -_-

    Logitech Drivers or not, shouldn't the mouse at least be recognized and function as a basic mouse?
  5. I really don't know what it could be. I might try going into BIOS and checking advanced -> USB config
  6. Best answer
    You could try uninstalling the SetPoint software and deleting any related files.
    Then go into device manager, find the mouse, Right Click>Update Driver Software...
    See if that'll grab basic mouse drivers.

    I read online that some people were having a hardware issue where they banged the mouse on the table
    and that seemed to fix the issues. I could see why you would be hesitant to try that, so do it at your own
    risk.
  7. Okay, here's what I discovered under Device Manager.

    >Mice and Other Pointing Devices:
    - HID-Compliant Mouse
    - HID-Compliant Mouse
    - HID-Compliant Mouse

    >Other Devices:
    - G9 Laser Mouse
    - G9 Laser Mouse
  8. Sorry to double post, but when you plug the mouse in, check your tray icons for driver installation.
    If its there, click that to bring up a window that'll tell you the status of the driver installation.
    From experience with my Steel Series Sensi Fnatic Edition, the bearbones mouse drivers can sometimes take a min or two to install.
  9. solidsteel said:
    Okay, here's what I discovered under Device Manager.

    >Mice and Other Pointing Devices:
    - HID-Compliant Mouse
    - HID-Compliant Mouse
    - HID-Compliant Mouse

    >Other Devices:
    - G9 Laser Mouse
    - G9 Laser Mouse

    Right click the first G9(The second could be just for the extra buttons, or visa versa, try both) and Update Device Software...
    Oh, and do the icons for the G9 have a little yellow thing on them?
  10. Oh, HECK YES! It's working, but not being detected. I found another link here: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-Software/New-G9-mouse-does-not-work/m-p/167652

    Gonna try that, and hopefully I can get this situation tight-butthole again.

    EDIT: Got SetPoint to recognize G9 by launching as Admin. It's a little shotty but the mouse works great now. Thanks, and happy gaming!
  11. Best answer selected by solidsteel.
  12. solidsteel said:
    Oh, HECK YES! It's working, but not being detected. I found another link here: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-Software/New-G9-mouse-does-not-work/m-p/167652

    Gonna try that, and hopefully I can get this situation tight-butthole again.

    EDIT: Got SetPoint to recognize G9 by launching as Admin. It's a little shotty but the mouse works great now. Thanks, and happy gaming!


    Alright, no problem. Happy to help.
    Gaming mouse software always seems to be a little bit shotty. It's funny how launching as admin seems to fix every problem in the world
    on Windows 7.
    -Robozman
Ask a new question

Read More

Mice Logitech Components