Auction House Fee

How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and is
it always the same percentage?

As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?

Thanks

"Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and
> is it always the same percentage?
>
> As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?
>
> Thanks

goes up based on time of auction. Their cut is around 5% including the fee.

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:51:42 -0400, "Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com>
scribed into the ether:

>How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and is
>it always the same percentage?
>
>As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?

It's a combination of the item's vendor sale cost, and the time frame that
you give to the sale.

The AH in Gadgetzan charges more than either of the two faction houses.

Sometimes you get your deposit back, sometimes you don't. I've never been
able to determine what controls this.

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:51:42 -0400, "Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com>
> scribed into the ether:
>
>>How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and
>>is
>>it always the same percentage?
>>
>>As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?
>
> It's a combination of the item's vendor sale cost, and the time frame that
> you give to the sale.
>
> The AH in Gadgetzan charges more than either of the two faction houses.
>
> Sometimes you get your deposit back, sometimes you don't. I've never been
> able to determine what controls this.

As far as the Blayde knows:

If your item sells, you get the final bid + AH deposit.

If your item does not sell, your item gets sent back to you and the AH keeps
the deposit. They are, after all, a business, and businesses need to make
money somehow. It's better than skimming a percentage off the top of the
money you make.

-[Blayde]-

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:51:42 -0400, Dark Helmet wrote:

> How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and is
> it always the same percentage?

If the item is sold, you get the listing fee back, but the AH keeps 5% of
the price the item sold for. If the item doesn't sell, the AH keeps the
listing fee.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

> How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and
> is it always the same percentage?
>
> As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?
>
> Thanks

I've always wanted to know this, I'll work it out one day

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:01:32 -0700, "mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu>
scribed into the ether:

>"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:51:42 -0400, "Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com>
>> scribed into the ether:
>>
>>>How much is the AH fee? I know it's some percentage, but what is it and
>>>is
>>>it always the same percentage?
>>>
>>>As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?
>>
>> It's a combination of the item's vendor sale cost, and the time frame that
>> you give to the sale.
>>
>> The AH in Gadgetzan charges more than either of the two faction houses.
>>
>> Sometimes you get your deposit back, sometimes you don't. I've never been
>> able to determine what controls this.
>
>As far as the Blayde knows:
>
>If your item sells, you get the final bid + AH deposit.
>
>If your item does not sell, your item gets sent back to you and the AH keeps
>the deposit. They are, after all, a business, and businesses need to make
>money somehow. It's better than skimming a percentage off the top of the
>money you make.

See, if it were that simple, then I would be able to determine what
controls it. I have often had items sell and NOT get my deposit back.

tack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

I am not sure its all that simple - Some items do NOT have a listing fee -
eg: Shards and essence,
Some have a seemingly HIGH fee - like armour and weapons
and some a lower fee - recipes for eg.
Also seems to be a max fee - around 1 - 1.5 gold I think....
Love to know the exact/true story :)

Tack

"Tack" <gottabekiddin@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I am not sure its all that simple - Some items do NOT have a listing fee -
>eg: Shards and essence,
> Some have a seemingly HIGH fee - like armour and weapons
> and some a lower fee - recipes for eg.
> Also seems to be a max fee - around 1 - 1.5 gold I think....
> Love to know the exact/true story :)
>
> Tack

Shards and essence do not have a vendor pice, therefore no listing fee can
be applied to them.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Tack" <gottabekiddin@nospam.com> wrote:

>I am not sure its all that simple - Some items do NOT have a listing fee -
>eg: Shards and essence,
>Some have a seemingly HIGH fee - like armour and weapons
>and some a lower fee - recipes for eg.
>Also seems to be a max fee - around 1 - 1.5 gold I think....
>Love to know the exact/true story :)

Deposit is a percentage of the vendor price of the item, and is also
adjusted for auction length.

--
Greg
phobos78-marslink-net

wrote:

>As long as we're at it, what determines the deposit? Percentage?

Vendor price and listing time.

I just experimented a bit with some items. I this chart I have the
vendor price, and the AH deposits at 2, 8 and 24 hour listings (prices
are in silver - eg. 200,00 = 2 gold):

Vendor 2h 8h 24h
200,00 10,00 40,00 120,00
52,00 2,60 10,40 31,20
42,50 2,12 8,48 25,44
30,00 1,50 6,00 18,00
22,50 1,12 4,48 13,44

It should now be easy to see that the AH takes a fixed percentage of
the vendor price in listing deposit.
2 hours = 5%
8 hours = 20%
24 hours = 60%

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

> I just experimented a bit with some items. I this chart I have the
> vendor price, and the AH deposits at 2, 8 and 24 hour listings (prices
> are in silver - eg. 200,00 = 2 gold):
>
> Vendor 2h 8h 24h
> 200,00 10,00 40,00 120,00
> 52,00 2,60 10,40 31,20
> 42,50 2,12 8,48 25,44
> 30,00 1,50 6,00 18,00
> 22,50 1,12 4,48 13,44
>
> It should now be easy to see that the AH takes a fixed percentage of
> the vendor price in listing deposit.
> 2 hours = 5%
> 8 hours = 20%
> 24 hours = 60%
>
> --
> Regards
> Simon Nejmann

Nice work!

> If your item sells, you get the final bid + AH deposit.

Correection. Final Bid + AH deposit - AH taxes.

Taxes in Gadget are insane. Taxes in Org & IF are modest.

Regards,
Noal

That's incorrect. I sold an epic last week. It was posted for 900g. I
received 856g50s . I may have received the deposit back but definitely
Blizz took a hefty chunk for their pockets. The item cost 1g50s to post.
The AH charges should not exceed the posting fee. Otherwise if the buyer
could have contacted me. I could have ended the auction and lost the post
fee and split the AH cut with the buyer.

The other problem with the AH is it needs reserves. Sellers can end the
Auction at anytime even if there is a bid on an item. This is a real pain.

dharzhak@my-deja.com wrote:
>>If your item sells, you get the final bid + AH deposit.
>
> Correection. Final Bid + AH deposit - AH taxes.
>
> Taxes in Gadget are insane. Taxes in Org & IF are modest.

Taxes in Gadget are 15%, taxes in Org and IF are 5%.

That's why Feides got 856.5g for his epic. 900g - (5% of 900g) = 855g,
plus his 1.5g deposit returned.

Cheers!
David...