Buiding gaming PC. Need some help.

cheloveg

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hey everyone. I'm new to PC building so for the past few weeks I'v been reading a lot of reviews of PC components etc. I'm building pc primerly for gaming.

So here's my setup:

Processor: i5-2500k (or should i go i5-3570k ?)
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 670 2GB WINDFORCE 3x OC
RAM: 8GB
CPU Cooler: HYPER 212 EVO
PSU: Corsair 750w
HDD: Hitachi 500gb
SSD: need help
Motherboard: need help
PC Case: need help

Feel free to recommend any other component for better performance.

So what do you think so far ? I need help about the motherboard and ssd? which m/b should i go for. (i'm not sure about SLI, i think i don't plan to do this, i think it's better to upgrade to a new card) and also in which type of PC case i can place all this components ? (need a really budget case, don't care how it looks)
Also what about the sound card and network card ? is it all in the motherboard nowadays ? or do i have do buy them ?
IMPORTANT: I have a wi-fi router in my flat, so i don't have access to internet cable I have only access to wi-fi internet. so is this also in motherboard ? need help on these things.

THANK YOU !

P.S. How long do you think this rig will serve me for gaming ?

yenzas

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hey,you definetely should go for the 3570k,and if you are using programs as photoshop,sony vegas etc like 4 time a week,then go for the i7 3770k,will be helpfull.If your are getting the 212 EVO,make sure to get low profile ram like Corsair Vengeance.For the PSU invest in a good one,like corsair AX 750W if your doing SLI,if not then get like 600W,its enough because the 670 has very low power conspumtion.A good 600W psu would be seasonic m12ii bronze(its 620W).
Definetely get an SSD,I have the OCZ vertex 4 128GB,works very well.As for the case,i fell in love with my Corsair Carbide 500R,for me - definetely one of the best cases.As for the motherboard,if you plan to SLI,in my open ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 is very nice,and if not go for the ASRock Z77 Pro3,it will do.

So i will lay out all the parts :

Corsair Carbide 500R
If you do SLI get a AX 750W.And if not Seasonic 620W will do
Liteon ODD
Hitachi 500GB HDD
OCZ vertex 4 SSD
Extreme 4 for SLI and Pro3 if not
8GB LOW profile RAM
GTX 670 Gigabyte
i5 3570k
Cooler Master hyper evo 212
if your only wi-fi,get a wi-fi card,or just a usb device

hope i helped

cheloveg

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Hey, thanx for the info! Well, I don't use photoshop or sony or these type of programs ar all! i only plan to use it as gaming pc and regular pc (internet, documents etc.)

I plan to do wifi and internet cable in the future so what about the etheret port ? is it in the motherboard already or do i have to buy additional network card ?

ForYourHealth

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Your mobo will come with a gigabit LAN card stock. If you want a wireless card, you'll have to purchase a third party one yourself, but they aren't too much.

You can find ones that fit in PCI or PCIe slots. You'll run out of PCIe if you plan on going SLI at any point. But it shouldn't be too hard to work around that and wireless cards don't cost too much either.

Here's one, but there are plenty other options: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124342

You can also find USB wireless adapters, such as on this newegg search page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100010072&isNodeId=1&Description=USB+adapter&x=0&y=0

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Don't get the i7. ethernet ports are a standard on almost every motherboard today. you may have to buy a wireless adapter for wifi connectivity, if you don't have one already. But I urge you to use a hard line. Wifi will strain your service more than a hard line. It's slightly faster, too, I believe.

Dapake

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
For tips on choosing your motherboard: make sure your socket from the processor you decide to choose (i5-3570k imo) is compatible with the motherboard processor socket/chipset etc. the above suggestions are good. Also, I would go with a Corsair 650W if you can. Gives you some heardroom incase you have extra power requirements in the future. Oh and SSD's can get kind of expensive real fast so for me I would just use it to install the OS on so that your computer can boot up real quick. Other than that it looks like you got a nice gaming rig there