Profession Specialization

Hey there peeps,

Quick question, I have been reading through the previous posts and noticed a
few people mention how you can specialize in your chosen professions when
you get to a certain level (Tribal Leatherworking for example)

My question, do all professions allow you to specialize in a certain area?

The reason I ask, is I am a Tailoring/Enchanting Mage, it's my first char in
WoW, so my experience in these professions is limited to the level I am at
now (about 170 I think) and I would like to know if you can specialize in
these professions. And if you can specialize, what can you specialize in?

Heh man I said specialize a lot ;-)
11 answers Last reply
More about profession specialization

    "Mat Sayle" <mathew.sayleNO@SPAMteam.telstra.com> wrote in message
    > Hey there peeps,
    >
    > Quick question, I have been reading through the previous posts and noticed
    > few people mention how you can specialize in your chosen professions when
    > you get to a certain level (Tribal Leatherworking for example)
    >
    > My question, do all professions allow you to specialize in a certain area?
    >
    > The reason I ask, is I am a Tailoring/Enchanting Mage, it's my first char
    > in
    > WoW, so my experience in these professions is limited to the level I am at
    > now (about 170 I think) and I would like to know if you can specialize in
    > these professions. And if you can specialize, what can you specialize in?
    >
    > Heh man I said specialize a lot ;-)

    As far as I know, tailoring and enchanting don't have specializations - but
    I could be wrong.

    Blacksmithing, leatherworking, and engineering are the only skills I know of
    that have set specializations.

    -[Blayde]-

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:56:46 +0800, "Mat Sayle"
    <mathew.sayleNO@SPAMteam.telstra.com> scribed into the ether:

    >Hey there peeps,
    >
    >Quick question, I have been reading through the previous posts and noticed a
    >few people mention how you can specialize in your chosen professions when
    >you get to a certain level (Tribal Leatherworking for example)
    >
    >My question, do all professions allow you to specialize in a certain area?

    No. None of the gathering professions have a specialization.

    Nor do Tailoring, Enchanting or Alchemy.

    >The reason I ask, is I am a Tailoring/Enchanting Mage, it's my first char in
    >WoW, so my experience in these professions is limited to the level I am at
    >now (about 170 I think) and I would like to know if you can specialize in
    >these professions. And if you can specialize, what can you specialize in?

    You can't. Smithing, Skinning, Engineering have specializations.

    "Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:56:46 +0800, "Mat Sayle"
    > <mathew.sayleNO@SPAMteam.telstra.com> scribed into the ether:
    >
    >>Hey there peeps,
    >>
    >>Quick question, I have been reading through the previous posts and noticed a
    >>few people mention how you can specialize in your chosen professions when
    >>you get to a certain level (Tribal Leatherworking for example)
    >>
    >>My question, do all professions allow you to specialize in a certain area?
    >
    > No. None of the gathering professions have a specialization.
    >
    > Nor do Tailoring, Enchanting or Alchemy.
    >
    >>The reason I ask, is I am a Tailoring/Enchanting Mage, it's my first char in
    >>WoW, so my experience in these professions is limited to the level I am at
    >>now (about 170 I think) and I would like to know if you can specialize in
    >>these professions. And if you can specialize, what can you specialize in?
    >
    > You can't. Smithing, Skinning, Engineering have specializations.

    I suspect you meant Leatherworking, not Skinning ;-)
    -Marshall

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:45:26 GMT, "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> scribed
    into the ether:

    >"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:56:46 +0800, "Mat Sayle"
    >> <mathew.sayleNO@SPAMteam.telstra.com> scribed into the ether:
    >>
    >>>Hey there peeps,
    >>>
    >>>Quick question, I have been reading through the previous posts and noticed a
    >>>few people mention how you can specialize in your chosen professions when
    >>>you get to a certain level (Tribal Leatherworking for example)
    >>>
    >>>My question, do all professions allow you to specialize in a certain area?
    >>
    >> No. None of the gathering professions have a specialization.
    >>
    >> Nor do Tailoring, Enchanting or Alchemy.
    >>
    >>>The reason I ask, is I am a Tailoring/Enchanting Mage, it's my first char in
    >>>WoW, so my experience in these professions is limited to the level I am at
    >>>now (about 170 I think) and I would like to know if you can specialize in
    >>>these professions. And if you can specialize, what can you specialize in?
    >>
    >> You can't. Smithing, Skinning, Engineering have specializations.
    >
    >I suspect you meant Leatherworking, not Skinning ;-)

    Err *foreheadslap* yes, I did.

    mikel wrote:
    > Mark Rimer wrote:
    > > "mikel" <mikel@evins.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>What's the difference between Gnomish and Goblin engineers?
    > >>
    > >>We Goblin engineers make things that blow up *on purpose*.
    > >
    > > Aye, but even orcs can blow things up. It takes a gnomish engineer
    > > to make a doodad powerful enough to transform huge swaths of
    > > land into uninhabitable radioactive wasteland...
    >
    > Fair enough. Now if only it was radioactive wasteland that you had meant
    > to create...

    You've got to be kidding Mark.

    The Horde would be 100 times better if we kicked out the Cows and
    recruited Venture Company. Now *those* guys know how to lay waste to
    things. We could make Dun Morogh into one GIANT "Sludge Fen".

    Oh, and Gnomes are dirty little panty sniffers.

    I think blacksmith and leather worker can specialize as far as I know only.

    Chingy wrote:
    > I think blacksmith and leather worker can specialize as far as I know only.

    Engineers also - they can specialize in Gnomish or Goblin Engineering.

    Cheers!
    David...

    "mikel" <mikel@evins.net> wrote in message
    > What's the difference between Gnomish and Goblin engineers?
    >
    > We Goblin engineers make things that blow up *on purpose*.

    Aye, but even orcs can blow things up. It takes a gnomish engineer
    to make a doodad powerful enough to transform huge swaths of
    land into uninhabitable radioactive wasteland...
    ;-)

    "gaf1234567890" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Fair enough. Now if only it was radioactive wasteland that you had meant
    >> to create...
    >>

    > You've got to be kidding Mark.
    >
    > The Horde would be 100 times better if we kicked out the Cows and
    > recruited Venture Company. Now *those* guys know how to lay waste to
    > things. We could make Dun Morogh into one GIANT "Sludge Fen".
    >
    > Oh, and Gnomes are dirty little panty sniffers.

    Venture Company pollutes because they don't know any better. You
    want to see Gnomish Engineering at its finest? Deeprun Tram. No
    polution, no environmental trouble, no net power use, and runs
    automatically with no maintainance needed for hundreds of years.

    Venture Company makes shaky combustion powered beasts
    that don't survive more than a few hits with a club, much less do
    their jobs in an efficient manner. Check out their lumber bots, they
    have to be supported by an army of Venture Company Loggers
    and Overseers. If gnomes built the things, there wouldn't be any
    need for humans to be out there working. Matter of fact, gnomes
    are working on a few automated factories to help make machines
    to help people out. We don't even have to run the thing, we've
    turned it over to one of our network programs named "Skynet."
    It's so efficient, it won't even let us back out to the factories to
    see what it's building...
    ;-)

    And as far as panty sniffers, well, if the long-legged ladies
    want to crowd into an elevator with a bunch of gnomes being
    crotch-high, what'r we supposed to do? Hold our breath?

    Mark Rimer wrote:
    > "gaf1234567890" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Fair enough. Now if only it was radioactive wasteland that you had meant
    >>>to create...
    >>>

    >>You've got to be kidding Mark.
    >>
    >>The Horde would be 100 times better if we kicked out the Cows and
    >>recruited Venture Company. Now *those* guys know how to lay waste to
    >>things. We could make Dun Morogh into one GIANT "Sludge Fen".
    >>
    >>Oh, and Gnomes are dirty little panty sniffers.
    >

    > Venture Company pollutes because they don't know any better. You
    > want to see Gnomish Engineering at its finest? Deeprun Tram. No
    > polution, no environmental trouble, no net power use, and runs
    > automatically with no maintainance needed for hundreds of years.

    And where's the fun in that?

    Some gnome you are. You sound like one of those prissy humans.

World Of Warcraft Warcraft Video Games