I type my bitlocker recovery key by full bitlocker recovery key identification b

Status
Not open for further replies.

raihanafateha

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
i type my bitlocker recovery key by full bitlocker recovery key identification but it didn't works. i really 'deadlocked'. please help me.

Solution
That sucks. if the recovery key doesn't work, and you don't know the password, you're out of luck. The only thing you can do is try to remember the password, or check if you typed the recovery key over properly.

Otherwise, that data is gone...

If you can't figure it out, I'm sorry for your loss.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
That sucks. if the recovery key doesn't work, and you don't know the password, you're out of luck. The only thing you can do is try to remember the password, or check if you typed the recovery key over properly.

Otherwise, that data is gone...

If you can't figure it out, I'm sorry for your loss.

Solution

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

err, it's a barrier, sometimes even the simplest of puzzles makes people give up in a snap :na:

But you're right, these things are damn near impossible to decrypt.

parthapartha

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
heh man... i have a same prob which you mentioned here... pls tel d solution.. wat did yu do ??

i encrypted my harddisk(external) using bitlocker.. but some error has occured while encrypting.. but i stored d recovery key also using it for long time...

now d prob is it's not accepting d key which i used before :( :(

pls help me.....

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
So, you've encrypted the drive, it had some errors but you used it anyways for a few days/weeks/months right?

Odd that it wouldn't accept the key anymore, usually only means one thing: It has a different password and thus the key has changed. Between that or you are finally seeing the result of the errors.

There's not really much you can do except take the original data (assuming the external disk was a backup disk), and start all over. Any data currently on the drive is lost to you, unless you can figure out the right password. Are you sure you remembered it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.