Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I type my bitlocker recovery key by full bitlocker recovery key identification b

Last response: in Windows 7

Best solution

January 31, 2012 11:27:07 AM

That sucks. if the recovery key doesn't work, and you don't know the password, you're out of luck. The only thing you can do is try to remember the password, or check if you typed the recovery key over properly.

Otherwise, that data is gone...

If you can't figure it out, I'm sorry for your loss.
January 31, 2012 11:34:02 AM

xbeater is right, all we can tell you is to try and remember the password. we cant tell you any way of cracking a password as we don't know if you own the files that have been encrypted by bit locker.
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2012 2:31:27 PM

and if it was that easy to decrypt, then whats the point in using it?
Score
January 31, 2012 5:10:55 PM

13thmonkey said:
and if it was that easy to decrypt, then whats the point in using it?

err, it's a barrier, sometimes even the simplest of puzzles makes people give up in a snap :na: 

But you're right, these things are damn near impossible to decrypt.
Score
February 2, 2012 9:24:07 AM

Finally, I can open up my files with the recovery key. Thank God :') Thanks for feedback!
Score
February 2, 2012 9:43:27 AM

Glad it worked out.
Score
October 20, 2012 5:11:32 PM

heh man... i have a same prob which you mentioned here... pls tel d solution.. wat did yu do ??

i encrypted my harddisk(external) using bitlocker.. but some error has occured while encrypting.. but i stored d recovery key also using it for long time...

now d prob is it's not accepting d key which i used before :(  :( 

pls help me.....
Score
October 21, 2012 4:38:11 PM

So, you've encrypted the drive, it had some errors but you used it anyways for a few days/weeks/months right?

Odd that it wouldn't accept the key anymore, usually only means one thing: It has a different password and thus the key has changed. Between that or you are finally seeing the result of the errors.

There's not really much you can do except take the original data (assuming the external disk was a backup disk), and start all over. Any data currently on the drive is lost to you, unless you can figure out the right password. Are you sure you remembered it right?
Score
a b \ Driver
a c 416 $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 4:41:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a b \ Driver
a c 416 $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 4:41:34 PM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
!