New computer build, fans & evrything runs but no video - Gigabyte mobo

Noobstatus123

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hi, I just finished my first ever computer build and went for it's first boot up. I connected the DVI cable to my monitor and booted it up. Everything seemed to go well and all the fans, hard drive, and everything else seemed to be running well. I waited and waited but I got no video on my monitor. I was confused because when it booted up, the speaker gave a single short beep, which from what I read is a successful post. I was searching around on the Internet to see what my problem was. I tried booting it with a single stick of RAM in different DIMM slots but that still didn't work. I even tried breadboarding using just the CPU and HSF but the speaker just made continuous short beeping noises. I installed a stick of RAM and the beeping went back to the single short beep. I even went through The entire list of no boot up/no video forum, http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems , but nothing helped seemed to help me. Please help me cause I wanna use my newly build computer ASAP :((((
Specs:
Intel core i5 3570K 3.4 ghz
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Cooler master hyper 212 plus CPU cooler
Ultra LSP 750w power supply
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H mobo
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb (2 x 4gb)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Noobstatus123

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

I plugged the cables into both the motherboard ports and the video card ports