Will this PSU work with the Radeon HD 6850?

Hi all, I was wondering if this Corsair Builder Series CX 500W V2 '80 Plus' Power Supply

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-034-CS&tool=5

that i just ordered would be compatible with the Radeon HD 6850, if not is there a connector that i can buy? if not..what other cards in that price range will work with it? Thanks in Advance, Radokai
5 answers Last reply
More about will work radeon 6850
  1. Yeah it should be fine I think. Cards with lower power consumption than 6850 such as 7770 will also work well.
  2. Yup, very good power supply. Should have no problem with the 6850.
  3. Thanks for the encouraging answers guys :) i forgot to mention that the Corsair PSU has 1x 8-pin PCI-E connector whereas the HD6850 only appears to have a 6-pin connector? a little more help please :??:
  4. Radokai said:
    Thanks for the encouraging answers guys :) i forgot to mention that the Corsair PSU has 1x 8-pin PCI-E connector whereas the HD6850 only appears to have a 6-pin connector? a little more help please :??:

I'm not completely sure, but it should have 2 8-pins, where you can break away 2 of the pins to make it a 6.

5. Corsair power supplies comes with breakable 8-pins PCI-E connector that is able to split up into 6+2-pins.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Corsair Radeon Graphics Product