dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Well i haver an hp slimline s3400f w/ upgraded gpu to 6450 and psu to 250w i have had the computer for atleast 4 years. (i upgraded the gpu and psu about a month ago maybe a little more) When i was watching netflix on it it just randomly turned off. When i tried to reboot it all the fans where blowing really hard and i didnt get any picture to my monitor. So i turned iot off went out to eat came back and it was fine. i turn off the computer everynight and its normally on from 3:50pm to 10:00pm unless during the weekend which i dont know how late i stay up 12+. The computer turned off at 4:50pm so it wasn't even on for that long. For a couple of days iot wouldnt start so i opened it did literaly nothing closed it then it worked . so i did that for a couple times but since two days ago it hasnt worked so im thinking id rather have a computer then nothing so i took out the gpu and connected my cords to the onboard card (nvidia 6150se) still didnt get any picture the computer starts up fine well atleast it makes the noises but there is this weird one like if u ever played xbox/dvd player an dit trys to read the disc for like 5 seconds it makes that noise where its trying to read something. So now im thinking oh wait i never went to the bios menu and changed the display apdapter thing back to the onboard and not the psi. so is there any way i could do that or make the card work im not getting any picture so i dont know if i could do it blind and try to guess how too do it (if thats even possible) if it was i would use this one and guide me too do that. Im fine with just having onboard video i just want it too work please help

extra info: the day of this happening i was watching a dvd called the pacific on the computer if that could affect anything.

please help

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
What PSU have you got? You should try switching back to the old one and see if it gives any results. The extra power draw of the GPU shouldn't really be an issue unless you are running things which require the GPU.

You could also try resetting your bios and then it should automatically go back to the integrated graphics with the GPU removed.

I have the Passively cooled DDR3 HD 6450 and it has a tendency to overheat (Temps upto 92c and 60-70 during media playback).

I don't really know what could be the cause of this but I hope my recommendations help you rectify the problem you are having.

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
how could i reset my bios menu if nothing pops up on the screen. In a couple of weeks anyway im going to buy a new computer (well im building) so i just want to return my computer i have now back to defualt onboard graphics so i can use it as a back up or sell it or something

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
There's a jumper for the Bios on the motherboard... or you could take out the bios battery for a few minutes to a few hours (Sometimes it can take a long time for the bios to reset using this method). the battery is just a round and flat battery, normally located around the central point of the board although this is different with all boards