Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Re-installing the OS Windows 7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2012 12:35:32 PM

Hello,
Is the Dell "Drivers and Utilities Disc" that came with my Inspiron 2305 model (purchased last March) the Disc I would use to reinstall the OS and software that came with the computer when new...Thanks...

Anthony

More about : installing windows

a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2012 12:42:10 PM

no, that will be the drivers needed to get the hardware running after install. you should have requested an opsys install disc when you got your machine. did you get any other discs with the machine when new ?
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2012 12:51:28 PM

page 67 is your friend, please back up your data before begin the restoration.

quoted: "Starting Dell Factory Image RestoreTurn on the computer. 1. When the DELL2. ™ logo appears, press <F8> several times to access the Advanced Boot Options window.NOTE: If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Microsoft Windows desktop; then, shut down your computer and try again.Select 3. Repair Your Computer. The System Recovery Options window appears.Select a keyboard layout and click 4. Next.To access the recovery options, log on as 5. a local user. To access the command prompt, type administrator in the User name field, then click OK.Click 6. Dell Factory Image Restore. The Dell Factory Image Restore welcome screen appears.NOTE: Depending upon your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools, then Dell Factory Image Restore.Click 7. Next. The Confirm Data Deletion screen appears. NOTE: If you do not want to proceed with the Dell Factory Image Restore, click Cancel.Select the check box to confirm that you 8. want to continue to reformat the hard drive and restore the system software to the factory condition, then click Next. The restore process begins and may take five or more minutes to complete. A message appears when the operating system and factory-installed applications have been restored to factory condition. Click 9. Finish to restart the computer"
m
l
February 10, 2012 11:22:40 AM

Ok. I reinstalled the OS (windows 7) with the Disc that Dell sent me. Everything seems fine....

Now, how do I install the drivers as the Dell Drivers CD doesn't prompt me to do anything, but only list what's on the CD....I can click on each individual driver listed and choose to extract it one at a time only it seems. Is this the only way to load drivers, one by one......I was hoping I could load all at once. I can't go online, as I'm guessing the drivers aren't installed yet at this point for WiFi/Router, etc....Thanks.

Anthony
m
l

Best solution

a c 403 $ Windows 7
February 10, 2012 11:27:59 AM
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2012 11:29:18 AM

Hello room335;

You probably already have the drivers you need to get back online.
Windows 7 has a pretty complete set of 'default drivers'.

Im thinking you just need to setup the network connection.
m
l
February 10, 2012 1:47:26 PM

WR2 said:
Hello room335;

You probably already have the drivers you need to get back online.
Windows 7 has a pretty complete set of 'default drivers'.

Im thinking you just need to setup the network connection.

Hello,

Are you talking about setting up the network connection via windows, or in this case we have Fios, would we need to set it up with the Fios drivers for the router.....which I'll have to check how I would do that because I can't download anything currently with no internet with this dell computer........Thanks...

Anthony
m
l
February 17, 2012 11:38:29 AM

I just wanted to update.the dell is running great with the reinstall of the OS.....Thanks for all the help from the forum.....
m
l
a c 403 $ Windows 7
February 17, 2012 11:59:55 AM

Your Welcome,thank's for using the forum! :D 

[:briovaz:3]
m
l
February 17, 2012 12:11:43 PM

Thanks..Yes it runs great now (no more virus). We got it back online. The only thing we couldn't find with the disc Dell sent me was originally the Dell came with a limited free MS Word Program We can't seem to find it...(perhaps I can find a download to get it).Other then that, we're rockin'.
Thanks.
m
l
February 27, 2012 11:55:19 AM

Best answer selected by room335.
m
l
!