Windows 7 Sound Problem With Boardmaker

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hi,
Im having trouble getting a piece of software to work without speakers, It is called Mayer Johnson Boardmaker Studio and works fine with speakers plugged in. I have contacted the publishers of the software and a guy remoted onto my computer to check it out, He confirmed that the problem was caused by not having speakers.

So, I am trying to find out if it is possible to trick windows 7 into thinking it has speakers installed to allow this software to work. Buying speakers is not an option because I have many pc's to install the software on.

Any ideas?

So it absolutely doesn't work with no speakers? It looks like expensive software.... you can't just install the speakers temporarily until it's installed? Is there no option in the software to disable all sounds?

afaik there's no way to "trick" windows 7 into thinking it has speakers.

You can't ask the software creator to add that ability? Especially if you bought a lot of linceses for this software.

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Hi, thanks for the response. It will load up with speakers installed, but fails to load is speakers are removed. The software creator is looking into it (but i won't hold my breath!)

Strange. Have you tried disabling the audio drivers and see if it will start up (i'm guessing it won't)?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe attaching a cheap pair of ear buds for your "sound".