Sign in with
Your question

Graphic cards-confused

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 20, 2012 12:06:00 AM

hi

im using an asus M3A78-EM motherboard which has one pcie 2.0 slot. im currently using nvidia 9600gt and decided to upgrade to Asus AMD/ATI HD 7770 Direct CU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card. but the suppliers had run out of stock and not giving a time frame to deliver. so i decided to look else where and found that Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777D5-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card and EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Cards are available almost at the same price range, the gigbyte being slightly cheaper and evga being slightly costlier as compared to the asus card. i have heard good things about both gigabyte and evga as reputed companies with good customer service and product quality. im from india and i heard that there are no evga service centres in india while gigabyte has some service centres. i have seen a lot of people recommending gigabyte cards as they are cheaper,has very good quality and lesser complaints. will there be any issues if i use a gigabyte card on my asus motherboard as they are rival companies. can you please advise me which card to choose and may i know the reason why. please note that evga has 2gb as compared to 1gb of gigabyte and both being DDR5. thanks.

More about : graphic cards confused

a c 263 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 20, 2012 12:19:12 AM

The GTX560ti and 7770 cards are comparable in performance.

The 1gb or 2gb of graphics ram will not make any noticeable difference in performance.

There is No issue in having a gigabyte card in an asus motherboard.

Gigabyte seems to have better service available vs. EVGA, but hopefully it will never be needed.

From your info, get the gigabyte 7770.
m
l
May 20, 2012 1:19:19 AM

geofelt said:

The 1gb or 2gb of graphics ram will not make any noticeable difference in performance.

Gigabyte seems to have better service available vs. EVGA, but hopefully it will never be needed.

thanks for the reply

just now i found that Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card is also available at the same price range. but the Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777D5-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card is cheaper than saphire. are you from india. how is the after sales support of gigabyte in india. i have heard good remarks about saphire and its after sales support is handled by aditya infotech. which card do you suggest. is there any other cards are available at this price range which beats 7770 in performance.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2012 1:46:18 AM

geofelt said:

You typed that the GTX 560 Ti was comparable to the 7770, and I think you meant the 550 Ti. The 560 Ti is a much more powerful card than the 7770.

i7470, you asked if there were any other cards in the price range of the 7770 that would perform better, and there are, but only if you're willing to drop down to the last generation. The card that the 7770 was meant to replace, the 6850, will actually outpace the 7770 in a number of games because it is a slightly more powerful card. The 7770, however, will draw less power and generate less heat inside your case. So whichever is more important to you, or just whichever one you can find the cheapest, would probably be the best one to go with.
m
l
a c 263 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 20, 2012 2:11:43 AM

You typed that the GTX 560 Ti was comparable to the 7770, and I think you meant the 550 Ti. The 560 Ti is a much more powerful card than the 7770.

Correct...I did mean GTX550ti.

In India I have no clue what the prices are.

For the most part, you get what you pay for.
Similar priced cards will perform mostly the same. Depending on...
There is little point in anguishing over differences which will not br readily apparent.

The OP can pick his price point, and buy on other factors such as service.

m
l
!