Solved

Which video card?

Hello everyone,

I am upgrading my video care soon, and I found a few video cards which are in my price zone, a hd 6950 for $200, a gtx 480 for $230, and a hd 7850 for $260, my motherboard only supports crossfire, so unless the 480 is much better, I'd rather go ATI, which one would be the best?

Relevant specs -
i3 2120
corsair 600W PSU
- Thanks again
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which video card
  1. Best answer
    GTX 480 is a bit faster than HD 7850. but it consumes much more power and runs as hot as hell, it reaches 90C while hardcore gaming while the HD 7850 runs @ 62-64 @ full load.

    So the best option to go with is the HD 7850.
  2. ilysaml said:
    GTX 480 is a bit faster than HD 7850. but it consumes much more power and runs as hot as hell, it reaches 90C while hardcore gaming while the HD 7850 runs @ 62-64 @ full load.

    So the best option to go with is the HD 7850.


    Ok , which model do you think would be the best?
  3. Personally I like Sapphire they are the best partner for AMD and they make proper cooling to their products, Also the Asus Direct CU II is said to be the best around. So if you can't find Asus DC II grab the Sapphire one.
  4. ilysaml said:
    Personally I like Sapphire they are the best partner for AMD and they make proper cooling to their products, Also the Asus Direct CU II is said to be the best around. So if you can't find Asus DC II grab the Sapphire one.


    Is it worth it to get the overclocked version of it?
  5. Link the cards you willing to buy so that I can recommend you one.
  6. They are all the same except the Twin Frozer II is the highest clock 900 MHz, you can achieve it easily with any card.
    watch this when it gets restocked
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102984
  7. ilysaml said:
    They are all the same except the Twin Frozer II is the highest clock 900 MHz, you can achieve it easily with any card.
    watch this when it gets restocked
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102984


    Will do, thanks
  8. Best answer selected by w1z4d.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product