Status
Not open for further replies.

moogledude

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hey guys,

I just installed this graphics card and I tried to use EVGA's Precison X and OC Scanner X software to run a stress test to make sure everything was ok and of course since im posting on here everything is not ok. Everytime I run the stress test after about 30 seconds to a minute my screen freezes up and gets pixalated and the software stops functioning. I get a popup window with the following message:

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue.

The application must close.
Error Code 7

Naturally I called EVGA and they told me to see if I have any issues while playing games which I thought was a horrible and lazy response. the problem is that I only have Diablo 3 and I'm not exactly to keen on the idea of using D3 as my only source to test out the video card. I just invested over $400 dollars into this graphics card and if it can't even handle EVGA's own stress test then that worries the crap out of me. So what should I do????

Solution
I read that some of evgas 670s were not tested and they recalled them If I were you I would look into that and I would try to test the card with other software such as 3dmark 11 or advantage

momazboy

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
I read that some of evgas 670s were not tested and they recalled them If I were you I would look into that and I would try to test the card with other software such as 3dmark 11 or advantage

Solution

moogledude

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks for the advice I ran 3D mark 11 and 30 seconds into the program my screen crashed and it gave me an error message, something is going on with the graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.