Kuisinart Levelfreak Project

There was some talking about this speed-leveling to 60 in another
thread. I suggest we post reports here :)

....Here I go...

My KLP is an Undead Frost Mage, playing on a PVP server. I choose the
Questing-only strategy.

She's currently level 19 after about 15h30 of questing. My strategy is
based on careful quest planning, rather than grinding. One thing to
point out is, I've only played once or twice in Tirisfal Glades for the
levels 6-10, so I'm really not sure about my questing strategy there -
might have loss 30 minutes, an hour at most, so no biggie in the long
run. The places I know well are Silverpine Forest, and of course, These
freaking Barrens.

Heathstone cooldown management is a key here, especially when
travelling accross continents. I've already made several mistakes where
I could have HS'ed instead of running back to town. I can't wait for
teleports :)

Here's how a game session looks like so far:

Started level 18 this morning in Orgrimmar after training, fly to
Crossroads, got counterattack, lost in battle, hurried south, killed a
bristleback to collect one blood shard, hurried to Camp Taurajo where I
completed Jorn Skyseer and Blood Shards of Agamaggan, and picked up
Ishamuhale, Tribes at War, then went on killing those bristlebacks,
back to Camp Taurajo to complete the quests and get all the blood
shards blessing to get a global powerup to defeat solo Hezrul Bloodmark
quickly, then on to the Merchant coast as fast as possible (having
spirit of the wind is soooo good :) ), reach level 19 there, do the
Bloodsail Buccaneers twice (once for Southsea Freebooters(14), once
more for Baron Longshore(16) and Stolen Booty(16)), collect rewards,
travel a bit north up to the Dead Tree, kill Ishamuhale, and back to
Crossroads to get rewards (counterattack, lost in battle) and log off
in the inn... pfew!

Next session, I think I'll go back to Camp Taurajo to do more hunting
quests there with my good cow Jorn Skyseer. Once I'm 20-21, I'll hop
into Stonetalon Mountains (and Contested Territory) for some
grimtotem/spiders/venture/eggs/etc farming. Then back to Ratchet to
collect rewards and do the Northwatch keep quests. Then back to
Silverpine for Ambermill, Beren's peril and Fenris Island, then back
again to the Barrens (Gann's reclamation, Silithid eggs[insert rude
comment about Silithid Swarmers], weapons of choice), further south to
Thousand Needles for the flight path and centaur quest, then back again
to stonetalon (harpies, gaea seeds, satyrs), on to ashenvale
(outrunners, nagas, foulweald, satyrs), south again to Thousand Needles
(for more tauren business, harpies, serpents and eggs).

Generally speaking, I need to work with batches of quests per areas of
similar levels. I need those periods when I can cruise through a lot of
green quests for decent XP rewards before taking on the next "level" of
quests, and I expect to use Teleport fairly often.

My concern is, when should I try to get my Hillsbrad quest categories
done: I need them for the reputation mostly. I only need to choose a
level at which I can quest there quickly and solo during my limited
morning play time, for obvious PVP reasons...
36 answers Last reply
More about kuisinart levelfreak project

    Good idea. I would like to recommend to set up a blog for it where we
    can upload our screenshots (so we can rain each other's parade). I will
    start looking into google blogger's tonight. That goes to anyone else
    who participate, mikel?

    This is still work-in-process, I'm still penn my journal/log before
    submit it.

    Previously
    -----------
    Ahhh, Friday night, Yogojunzo (undead fire mage), returned from his
    grinding session at Dry Hill upon reaching 20th lvl. Feel mighty proud
    of himself, he visited the mage trainer to get couple new spells ...

    fireball (3rd rank)
    manna shield
    blink
    frorst armor (3rd rank)
    create water (3rd rank)

    He remembered what mikel said about teleportation so he went upstair to
    see the portal trainer and learn... Teleport to Orgimmar, hmmm guess
    Teleport to Undead City and Thunderbuff would require a personal visit.
    Despite being dead, he still retained one living obession: time is
    money, friend. So it will be quite sometime he will visit the Undead
    City and basically give up on the cow city, ever. But, but where's the
    regent vendor? Probably at the next towel where the priests hanged out.
    Nope, not there. Oh okay, among warlocks. *sigh* Those orcs got their
    priority screwy again. Since there are greater number of priests and
    mages combined than warlocks, wouldn't it make sense to have a shop
    open up near the Spirit Lodge or a more central location, at the upper
    level across from the flight tower?

    Well, since Junzo is among the civiilized area, might as well get some
    of his chores done. He like visited the bank for deposits, the
    boomstick vendor to sell vendor trash and repair his equipment from
    those harpies claws, the auction house to sell some of green drops that
    he nor his warrior-slave, Vasquez, couldn't use.

    Back at the inn in his coffin cubicle, (those darn orcs charged a lot
    for a 3 x 10 x 2 room with no continental breakfast, no ventilation,
    and not sound proofe enough!), he viewed illegal copy of voodooeo of
    Alliance Gnome Mage make fools out of his Horde brethens. Hehehehehe, a
    good tactic that he could play on the Alliance fools at the entrance to
    the IronForge.

    Since he still got plenty of time left before he could hearth back to
    frontier town, Crossroad, Junzo used those time to meditate and had his
    spirit travel to the binary world of google.

    WHAT, WHAT this?!? A spirit called Babe Bridou decided to be awaken
    among the undying to become a mage and entered the rat race to 60th
    level.

    Babe Bridou wrote:
    > There was some talking about this speed-leveling to 60 in another
    > thread. I suggest we post reports here :)

    A cloth gauntlet has been picked up. The race is on!

    > ...Here I go...
    >
    > My KLP is an Undead Frost Mage, playing on a PVP server. I choose the
    > Questing-only strategy.

    Hmmm, just to spite me by being everything opposite, ought to be a
    troll as well to complete the enmity.

    > She's currently level 19 after about 15h30 of questing. My strategy is
    > based on careful quest planning, rather than grinding. One thing to
    > point out is, I've only played once or twice in Tirisfal Glades for the
    > levels 6-10, so I'm really not sure about my questing strategy there -
    > might have loss 30 minutes, an hour at most, so no biggie in the long
    > run. The places I know well are Silverpine Forest, and of course, These
    > freaking Barrens.

    Not bad, at 20th lvl, Junzo used up about 20h of grinding. So, he just
    poured more salts for my injured pride by faking ignorance of her
    knowledgement of Tirisfal Glades. Bah, probably as a excuse why it took
    her 15h30 rather than 10h30.

    I need to meditate to remain calm.
    ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    collection2002 wrote:
    > Good idea. I would like to recommend to set up a blog for it where we
    > can upload our screenshots (so we can rain each other's parade). I will
    > start looking into google blogger's tonight. That goes to anyone else
    > who participate, mikel?

    This is a great idea, but I'm not sure quite what to do about it. Creach
    is already fairly far along (probably reaching 28 tonight; created a
    week ago Sunday). Trouble is, I have not tried as hard as possible to
    level efficiently; instead, I joined a fun PVP guild early on, and have
    done a bunch of activities that produce little or no experience--for
    example, going on runs to help lower-level guildies. So my level/hour
    numbers are not going to look very impressive.

    My very best rate so far has been one experience bubble every five
    minutes, and that was pure grinding, but it doesn't stay that way for a
    variety of reasons, not least of which is that in the upper 20s you need
    to be grinding in contested territory, and unpredictable enemy movements
    can sometimes put a real cramp in the leveling, both because the enemy
    doesn't let you grind (or quest, for that matter), and because you tend
    to want to get involved in retaliation, which does nothing for leveling,
    though it's certainly good for play skill.

    I do have a brand new rogue and priest that would be interesting to
    level this way, but since neither is a mage, I don;t know how fair a
    comparison it would make.

    Still, maybe I'll try it with the priest. I've been wanting for a while
    to take an undead priest up to 60, and the guild needs more priests.

    The priest is going to take back seat to Creach, though.

    Guess it is my turn to update...

    Junzo Log: 20050604:1400 - 20th @ 20th Hours
    ---------------------

    Hearthed to Crossroad and make my way down to Camp Taurajo as my next
    base of operation. Along the way, I tried out manna shield and blink.
    Manna shield didn't see that bad since it didn't really drain off my
    manna pool. Hmmm, Blink can't be used to increase distance as
    running-blink-running would cover greater distance than
    running-running-running.

    Once make Camp Taurajo my hearthed destination, I picked up Weapons of
    Choice since he will be at that general area, grinding those boar
    hunter, defender, and warlock would be a healthy diversion from
    grinding dwarves. I also picked up Gann's Reclamation for the reason
    that since he's going to grind there, might as well get pay for doing
    it. But first, let's test these new spells at razormane south of Fields
    of Giant.

    hmmmm, well, maybe Kuz is a named mob which explained why it took 80%
    of my manna pool to kill him. Let's try it again on a random hunter....
    Okay, maybe I should visit those razormanes after a level or two.
    Dwarves should be easier...

    .... *#&$!!!! To kill a 22nd lvl dwarven digger used up 90% of my manna
    pool and 65% of my health. This must be a fluke... #*$&%(*#*$!!!! Nope,
    it is not a fluke. Those dwarves are tough!!!!

    Back to Bristleback then, I hearthed to Camp Taurajo, there I dreamed
    of being a human with no magic power...

    Junzolog: 20050612
    ----------------------------

    Revisited Bael Modan at Southern Barren with 21st lvl fire-spec undead
    Mage. This time he is armed with knowledge that there is a perfect spot
    to shoot fireball at those diggers and foremans from seeing another
    mage doing so from last week. Fortunately, this weekend, it has less
    traffic than it was last week so he was able to grind without much
    competition.

    Difference between shooting dwarven foreman and dwarven digger is that
    though the former is higher ranking mob, the later is more resilent
    against fire attacks (or maybe their defensive stance is more effective
    than my warrior's defensive stance). More often, diggers can reach me
    with only 40% of remaining health where as by the time foreman reached
    me, they are down to 10% of health.

    Manna Shield is not as effective defensive spell as Priest's Shield
    Spell :(

    These dwarves droppen wool cloths with occassional silk or linen cloth.
    Only got 1 green leather armor shoulder pad drop after about 40 minutes
    of grinding.

    Upon reaching 22nd level, ported back to Orgimarr to get

    Fire Blast 3rd rank
    Frostbolt 1st rank

    to try out the new combo:

    fireball-frostbolt-fireball-fireball-fireblast-wand

    on those dwarven digger/foreman

    or maybe he's ready to storm the castle at the top of Bael Modan :)

    Reached 22nd LVL on the 25th Hour 15 min of game played.

    mikel wrote:

    > When I was grinding these at level 21 I would start at extreme range
    > with fireballs and keep firing them as fast as possible until they were
    > upon me (you can fire the second fireball as soon as the casting
    > progress bar barely begins to fade from the first). Then Fire Blast,
    > Frost Nova, Blink, Fireball, Fire Blast. The main thing I didn't like
    > about this routine was that during the Blink phase I wasn't doing
    > damage. So at 22 when I got Scorch, I changed to Fire Blast, Scorch,
    > Scorch, Scorch, Fire Blast. I got smacked a few times, but not enough to
    > put me in any real danger, as long as I was careful to avoid adds (and I
    > found anyway that in the rare case of an add, I could still kill the
    > first and then escape from the second). I don't think I did a corpse run
    > the whole time I was grinding Bael Modan, though I did run away up onto
    > the road a few times.

    At the extreme distance, how fast can you pump-out your spells.

    Against digger: firebolt-firebolt-firebolt-firebolt(in my face @ 30%
    health)-fireblast-firebolt/wand (depend whether his health is
    above/below 15%)

    Against foreman: firebolt-firebolt-firebolt-fireblast(in my face @ <
    20% health)-wand

    The biggest discovery I've found is the fact that diggers have better
    resistance against fire as such that they require more hits to bring
    down.

    I have yet to be able to kill them at range :-(

    > Personally, I almost never use Mana Shield when grinding. In my mind
    > it's sort of a last-ditch emergency escape or recovery spell. It rubs me
    > the wrong way to use up mana in a fight without doing damage. :-)

    LOL, not even that, by the time you need to escape/recovery, you are so
    low in manna that mana shield won't even work. True, I've taken Mana
    Shield off my Key-Binding.

    Hmmm, got to try out Blink maneuver instead of rely on Mana Shield.

    > I tried various uses of frostbolt too, and concluded that it's generally
    > not worth it. I would rather spend the seconds and mana on another
    > fireball. Frostbolt slows them down, but they are going to reach you
    > whether you start with frostbolt or fire spells, and you will have done
    > more damage when they reach you if you use the fire spells.

    okay, I would try the scrotch if it is purchasible at 22th lvl. Is it
    possible to use fireblast-scrotch combo? I never try it so I don't know
    whether the cool down on fireblast would also apply to the scrotch.

    > For a full frost build it's very different, of course, because talent
    >/snipe

    Well, fire spec does give you occassional 5% stun for 2 second. That's
    when you are having a good day :) On the bad day, they resist
    everything you shoot at them and be in your face with 100% health :(

    I'll leave the frost spec to babe's mage and see how he fare.

    Babe Bridou wrote:

    > Well at the moment I'm back focusing on my main holy priest (reached
    > level 55 yesterday), and I consider it fair game with regards to
    > accumulated rested experience ;) Not because you did, but mainly because

    It would be foolish not to take advantage of rest bonus :-) Plus, there
    is no way you can avoid the rest bonus, just standing in a noncombat
    mode for couple minutes and the rest bonus will kick in, however little
    it may be.

    Fortunately, the rest bonus do cap to a level and half so that a 3 day
    rest bonus is no different than 10 days rest bonus.

    Since we are all toon-holics here, and these are not our primary toons,
    I can't see why not. On the other hand, the quest completion XP bonus
    does not chew up rest bonus but bump it up. It may be blessing or curse
    depend on how you look at it.

    I have slight tweak with new UI suite myself upon the installation of
    new patch. But I have done so tweak all my other toons that when I get
    to this mage, it is relatively quick (under 5 minutes).

    > I very recently completely redid my UI to include some tricky FlexBar UI
    > mod design, including the use of some sort of "priest stances" to switch
    > hotkey setups in the middle of a fight. I won't get further in details
    > here, but I'll just mention that it took me about 3-4 hours worth of
    > ingame flexbar tuning, and expect it to take some time with the other
    > characters as well (incidentally, with this mage as well) :P

    No problem :-) Since you are doing this purely on a lark, I appreciated
    your participation.

    > I can already do this, using a mix of polymorph, frost nova, frost bolt
    > and fireblast kiting. It saved my butt plenty of times doing the Guns of
    > Northwatch quest solo, one of my hardest timesink. Crowd control for the
    > win! :D

    You mean the part of escorting that elf prisoner back to the Inn @
    Rachet? Or the part of going in to kill 3 named Cannoneer dudes.

    collection2002 wrote:
> [...]

    > of grinding.
    >
    > Upon reaching 22nd level, ported back to Orgimarr to get
    >
    > Fire Blast 3rd rank
    > Frostbolt 1st rank
    >
    > to try out the new combo:
    >
    > fireball-frostbolt-fireball-fireball-fireblast-wand
    >
    > on those dwarven digger/foreman
    >
    > or maybe he's ready to storm the castle at the top of Bael Modan :)
    >
    > Reached 22nd LVL on the 25th Hour 15 min of game played.

    I tried various uses of frostbolt too, and concluded that it's generally
    not worth it. I would rather spend the seconds and mana on another
    fireball. Frostbolt slows them down, but they are going to reach you
    whether you start with frostbolt or fire spells, and you will have done
    more damage when they reach you if you use the fire spells.

    For a full frost build it's very different, of course, because talent
    gives you (1) a more extreme slowing efect, (2) a substantial chance
    that each frostbolt will root the mob in place, (3) much higher damage
    from the frost spells. With a frost build against a melee mob you can
    often kill them before they reach you because of the combination of
    these effects, and when you can't, you can easily root them in place and
    get away to restart frost-bombing them.

    collection2002 wrote:
    > mikel wrote:
    >
    >>When I was grinding these at level 21 I would start at extreme range
    >>with fireballs and keep firing them as fast as possible until they were
    >>upon me (you can fire the second fireball as soon as the casting
    >>progress bar barely begins to fade from the first). Then Fire Blast,
    >>Frost Nova, Blink, Fireball, Fire Blast. The main thing I didn't like
    >>about this routine was that during the Blink phase I wasn't doing
    >>damage. So at 22 when I got Scorch, I changed to Fire Blast, Scorch,
    >>Scorch, Scorch, Fire Blast. I got smacked a few times, but not enough to
    >>put me in any real danger, as long as I was careful to avoid adds (and I
    >>found anyway that in the rare case of an add, I could still kill the
    >>first and then escape from the second). I don't think I did a corpse run
    >>the whole time I was grinding Bael Modan, though I did run away up onto
    >>the road a few times.
    >>

    > At the extreme distance, how fast can you pump-out your spells.
    >
    > Against digger: firebolt-firebolt-firebolt-firebolt(in my face @ 30%
    > health)-fireblast-firebolt/wand (depend whether his health is
    > above/below 15%)
    >
    > Against foreman: firebolt-firebolt-firebolt-fireblast(in my face @ <
    > 20% health)-wand
    >
    > The biggest discovery I've found is the fact that diggers have better
    > resistance against fire as such that they require more hits to bring
    > down.
    >
    > I have yet to be able to kill them at range :-(

    Well, Creach is 31 now and grinding Shimmering Flats, so I'm not sure I
    remember my Bael Modan routine accurately (and, as I mentioned, it
    changed when I got Scorch). But I seem to remember a routine the same as
    yours, except that as soon as he hit me once I would do Frost Nova,
    Blink, fireball, fire blast, and then repeat fireball and fire blast if
    he's still alive.

    THe change I made when I got Scorch was to forget the Frost Nova and
    blink, just fire blast, scorch, scorch, scorch, fire blast (repeat as
    needed).

    >>Personally, I almost never use Mana Shield when grinding. In my mind
    >>it's sort of a last-ditch emergency escape or recovery spell. It rubs me
    >>the wrong way to use up mana in a fight without doing damage. :-)
    >>

    > LOL, not even that, by the time you need to escape/recovery, you are so
    > low in manna that mana shield won't even work. True, I've taken Mana
    > Shield off my Key-Binding.
    >
    > Hmmm, got to try out Blink maneuver instead of rely on Mana Shield.

    Frost Nova + Blink is something that you want to make instinctive. It
    will get you out of many bad situations, in addition to being very
    useful when grinding. When you get above about 25 or so, try out the
    Grimtotems in Thousand Needles. They are pretty challenging at first.
    Particularly, the Stompers are sort like tauren paladins, and the
    combination of their lightning blast thingie and their ability to heal
    themselves will provide a darn good exercise in how to use mage
    abilities. You will start wanting to use Frost Nova, Blink, and
    Counterspell in combination with your damage spells, and learning to use
    these is crucial for PVP.

    >>I tried various uses of frostbolt too, and concluded that it's generally
    >>not worth it. I would rather spend the seconds and mana on another
    >>fireball. Frostbolt slows them down, but they are going to reach you
    >>whether you start with frostbolt or fire spells, and you will have done
    >>more damage when they reach you if you use the fire spells.
    >>

    > okay, I would try the scrotch if it is purchasible at 22th lvl. Is it
    > possible to use fireblast-scrotch combo? I never try it so I don't know
    > whether the cool down on fireblast would also apply to the scrotch.

    Yes, fire blast / scorch works well. The nice thing about Scorch is it's
    a one-second cast with fair damage and it's very low mana cost. I
    normally use it to do damage while waiting for the fire blast to cool
    down, but also I use it to kill off a weak enemy without using up too
    much mana, and I use it in emergency situations where, for whatever
    reason, my mana is low and I still need to do damage.

    >>For a full frost build it's very different, of course, because talent
    >>/snipe
    >

    > Well, fire spec does give you occassional 5% stun for 2 second. That's
    > when you are having a good day :) On the bad day, they resist
    > everything you shoot at them and be in your face with 100% health :(

    I have had situations in Bael Modan and among the Grimtotems where I got
    the stun two or even three (!) times in a row. In those cases I can kill
    the mob before it reaches me.

    Creach now has 20 points in Fire, and has the talents that cause
    critical strike to burn for additional damage. So now, killing before
    they reach me happens more often.

    > I'll leave the frost spec to babe's mage and see how he fare.

    Some day, when your mage is level 60, try out a full-frost rebuild, just
    to see what it's like. It feels really different from Fire, and a lot of
    fun in its own way. The most fun is to attack a high-level elite melee
    unit and kite it to death, using frost effects to keep it away while you
    kill it.

    The other thing that's fun is going into an instance like Stratholme and
    using the level 60 improved Blizzard to cripple a whole group of mobs so
    your party can easily kill them.

    In <1118689898.510101.91280@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> writes:

    > Fortunately, the rest bonus do cap to a level and half so that a 3 day
    > rest bonus is no different than 10 days rest bonus.

    Eh? As far as I'm aware, you accumulate one bubble of rest bonus for
    every eight hours spent at an inn. Three days of this will yield nine
    bubbles of bonus, which is far from the cap.

    --
    John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
    gordon@panix.com

    Babe Bridou wrote:
    > mikel wrote:
    >
    >> collection2002 wrote:
    >

    >>> I'll leave the frost spec to babe's mage and see how he fare.
    >>

    > Well at the moment I'm back focusing on my main holy priest (reached
    > level 55 yesterday), and I consider it fair game with regards to
    > accumulated rested experience ;) Not because you did, but mainly because
    > I very recently completely redid my UI to include some tricky FlexBar UI
    > mod design, including the use of some sort of "priest stances" to switch
    > hotkey setups in the middle of a fight. I won't get further in details
    > here, but I'll just mention that it took me about 3-4 hours worth of
    > ingame flexbar tuning, and expect it to take some time with the other
    > characters as well (incidentally, with this mage as well) :P
    >

    >> Some day, when your mage is level 60, try out a full-frost rebuild,
    >> just to see what it's like. It feels really different from Fire, and a
    >> lot of fun in its own way. The most fun is to attack a high-level
    >> elite melee unit and kite it to death, using frost effects to keep it
    >> away while you kill it.
    >

    > I can already do this, using a mix of polymorph, frost nova, frost bolt
    > and fireblast kiting. It saved my butt plenty of times doing the Guns of
    > Northwatch quest solo, one of my hardest timesink. Crowd control for the
    > win! :D

    If you like it when doing Northwatch you are going to love it at level
    60. It just gets better and better all the way up. Think beefy elite
    melee mobs moving in extreme slow motion toward you as you slam
    frostbolts into them, with great big "1064" crits popping above their
    heads, alternating with blocks of ice appearing around their feet
    rooting them in place.

    All-frost is fun.

    John Gordon wrote:
    > In <1118689898.510101.91280@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> "collection2002" <linch9@gmail.com> writes:
    >
    > > Fortunately, the rest bonus do cap to a level and half so that a 3 day
    > > rest bonus is no different than 10 days rest bonus.
    >
    > Eh? As far as I'm aware, you accumulate one bubble of rest bonus for
    > every eight hours spent at an inn. Three days of this will yield nine
    > bubbles of bonus, which is far from the cap.

    Sorry, it was a poor example to support what I was saying about rest
    bonus cap to a level and a half. My character rests at most a week
    because I'm toon-aholic and need to spend a week per side.

    mikel wrote:

    > Well, Creach is 31 now and grinding Shimmering Flats, so I'm not sure I

    Wow, level 31 since last week, you have great dedication for been a
    toon-a-holic :-)

    > THe change I made when I got Scorch was to forget the Frost Nova and
    > blink, just fire blast, scorch, scorch, scorch, fire blast (repeat as
    > needed).

    Oh yes, once I've gotten Scorch, life is so much easier :-) I'm average
    about 3 22nd lvl killed per refill. Now the routine is fireball x3,
    scorch, fire blast and wand to finish off.

    > Frost Nova + Blink is something that you want to make instinctive. It
    > \snipe

    Still need to work on that, I'm still coming from warrior toon
    mentality of standing there trading punches.

    Counterspell, aye? hmmm, going to read up on that.

    Thanks for the spell advices :-)

    > I have had situations in Bael Modan and among the Grimtotems where I got
    > the stun two or even three (!) times in a row. In those cases I can kill
    > the mob before it reaches me.

    Yeah! That happened to me last night too. The best was to get stun,
    burn, and crit off your first shot, woot!

    > Some day, when your mage is level 60, try out a full-frost rebuild, just
    > to see what it's like. It feels really different from Fire, and a lot of
    > fun in its own way. The most fun is to attack a high-level elite melee
    > unit and kite it to death, using frost effects to keep it away while you
    > kill it.

    So, at what level did the fire-spec start to have dimming return and
    the frost spec become more and more attractive? Using 80 - 20 rules,
    I'm wager that by 48th lvl, it's more efficient to switch to frost spec
    then to continue as fire spec mage?

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:18:58 GMT, mikel <mikel@evins.net> wrote:

    >collection2002 wrote:

    >> Counterspell, aye? hmmm, going to read up on that.
    >
    >It takes practice to learn to use it. It's instant cast, but the trick
    >is to learn to use it quickly enough and well. Counterspell stops a
    >spellcast and prevents the caster from casting that spell again for 15
    >seconds.

    Actually it is even better than that - it blocks the entire spell
    school. Slap it on a mage while he is busy casting Firebolt, and he
    cannot cast _any_ firespells at all for the next 15 seconds.

    Shield Bash, Pummel (warrior) and Kick (rogue) also works the same way
    (stops the entire spell school)

    >It's challenging,
    >but oh-so-sweet when you pull it off.

    Oh, yes. That it is :)

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann

    Wow, thanks for the information :-) It is very helpful!!!

    mikel wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > I'm sorry, I can't answer this question intelligently, because that's
    > not how my level 60 mage progressed. Also, I don't think Arcane/Fire
    > really suffers diminishing returns; Arcane/Fire and all-Frost are just
    > two different approaches, each very strong in its own way.

    No problem. I remembered you or someone mentioned that high level elite
    mobs tend to have better resistance against fire-base attack and that
    frost spec would work better against them. Therefore I though there
    might be a dimmishing return with fire-spec. Maybe, it is more of that
    I don't know what I'm talking about :-)

    Have you seen/heard/try to go all fire build? At upper echelon of fire
    talent, the combusion and the one after make it sound like every fire
    spell you cast have better than 50% of crit.

    I'm not favorite of Arcane Missile either, though I wonder if people
    take them because no one is immune to AM whereas some monster can
    resist fir attack. Just curious.

    > So I'd do this: start out putting 20 points in Fire (I'll even tell you
    > exactly where, if you want :-) ), and then start putting points in
    > Arcane, with the particular goal of getting Arcane Power, Presence of
    > Mind, Improved Arcane Explosion (maxed out all the way), and Evocation.
    > Maybe you want the clearcasting talent, too; that's helpful in mana
    > management.

    If you don't mind. I like to see what you have stated vs. what I have
    put in and intend to put in and see how much I'm off or where we
    differ.

    > health goes down) Pop! (his health goes down). On the other hand, when I
    > am some other class chasing some mage with this talent and my head keeps
    > exploding every couple of seconds as he scurries and Frost Novas and
    > Blinks, it's really really frustrating.

    LOL, remind me of that gnome mage video I have saw who danced around
    those hordes at crossroad :-)

    > after a little while you'll be bothering your guildies, saying things
    > like, "can we go 5-man Stratholme again? I want to blizzard some more
    > crowds of undead."

    Nah, I'm just going to strip nake and run through South Shore :-)

    mikel wrote:

    > I haven't tried all-Fire yet. If you're curious, go ahead and try it;
    > I'll be interested to hear your opinions. I like the Aracane/Fire build
    > moainly for two reasons: Arcane Power (+35% damage on all spells for 15
    > seconds -- that's huge!) and Presence of Mind (next spell in instant --
    > the ability to do an instant Pyroblast or an instant Polymorph is very
    > very attractive). But I also like Improved Arcane Explosion a lot,
    > especially for PVP, and I like Evocation, which reduces overall downtime
    > quite a bit.

    I will. I want to try out pure fire spec (as oppose to Babe's pure
    frost appraoch) before switch over to combo arcane/fire or frost. It is
    safe to say that in barren, 1K needle, and dustmallow marsh that there
    are few creatures that completely resist the fire attack. Wait, those
    stupid elementals guarding the hot spring, urgh!!! Oh, wait, I'm a
    grinder not a quester, whoosh :-)

    > Yes, if you are fighting fire elementals in Blackrock Depths, your fire
    > spells don't do you any good. Arcane Missiles and Frost spells are the
    > ticket there. So you hit the Arcane Missiles and pray that you don't
    > tickle the bug.

    that's what, 50+ instance? So I'm safe for now :-)

    But I agreed with you on AM not being manna efficient nor is it offer
    enough bang to have it.

    > Improved Fireball 5/5 (faster fireballs mean = damage)
    > Impact 5/5 (stunned opponent = more damage)
    > Ignite 5/5 (even more damage!)
    > Flame Throwing 2/2 (6 extra yards -- that's another fireball!)
    > Incinerate 2/2 (better crit chance = even more damage)
    > Pyroblast 1/1 (the big bad fireball, for opening a fight)

    Okay, I got half of them...

    Impact 5/5 (stunned opponent = more damage)
    Ignite 5/5 (even more damage!)
    Flame Throwing 2/2 (6 extra yards -- that's another fireball!)
    Burning Soul 2/5 (don't want to get disrupt)

    Working my way up to now @ 23rd lvl, I don't see it is cost efficient
    to put points in Improved Fireball despite the fact that I agreed your
    assessment. I see the trade off of 0.1s on casting time is not as good
    as 1% chance of stun or ignite. However, I have yet to see Burning Soul
    kick in yet since I have put points in it. As for Incinerate, well, I
    invested in Burning Soul before reading your post about Scrotch which
    make Incinerate worth its while.

    Now, Pryoblast is cool and I intend to respec my mage to what you have
    suggested upon reaching 28th lvl. Incinerate can be add in next 2 level.

    mikel wrote:

    > I'm interested in how Babe is doing with Frost, too. As I've said, I was
    > pure Frost for a long time, but I built that at level 60, so I don't
    > know what it's like from personal experience while leveling.

    Oh, didn't you hear, Esa is getting married to a Gnome. So he is kinda
    busy right now, you know, getting wedding registry, picking location,
    review the guest lists, lots of lots of those chili that burp fire when
    you fart, and setting the date.

    Once I know the date, I will have to create a horde toon at sunstrider
    to visit. I'm sure I'm on the guest list, somewhere, just not at the
    gank-me section. Hopefully, it is somewhere newbiew friendly area :-)

    collection2002 wrote:
> [...]

    Impact 5/5 (stunned opponent = more damage)
    Ignite 5/5 (even more damage!)
    Flame Throwing 2/2 (6 extra yards -- that's another fireball!)
    Incinerate 2/2 (better crit chance = even more damage)
    Pyroblast 1/1 (the big bad fireball, for opening a fight)

    >>health goes down) Pop! (his health goes down). On the other hand, when I
    >>am some other class chasing some mage with this talent and my head keeps
    >>exploding every couple of seconds as he scurries and Frost Novas and
    >>Blinks, it's really really frustrating.
    >

    > LOL, remind me of that gnome mage video I have saw who danced around
    > those hordes at crossroad :-)
    >

    >>after a little while you'll be bothering your guildies, saying things
    >>like, "can we go 5-man Stratholme again? I want to blizzard some more
    >>crowds of undead."
    >>

    > Nah, I'm just going to strip nake and run through South Shore :-)

    Sounds like a plan. :-)

    collection2002 wrote:
    > mikel wrote:
    >
    >>I haven't tried all-Fire yet. If you're curious, go ahead and try it;
    >>I'll be interested to hear your opinions. I like the Aracane/Fire build
    >>moainly for two reasons: Arcane Power (+35% damage on all spells for 15
    >>seconds -- that's huge!) and Presence of Mind (next spell in instant --
    >>the ability to do an instant Pyroblast or an instant Polymorph is very
    >>very attractive). But I also like Improved Arcane Explosion a lot,
    >>especially for PVP, and I like Evocation, which reduces overall downtime
    >> quite a bit.
    >>

    > I will. I want to try out pure fire spec (as oppose to Babe's pure
    > frost appraoch) before switch over to combo arcane/fire or frost. It is
    > safe to say that in barren, 1K needle, and dustmallow marsh that there
    > are few creatures that completely resist the fire attack. Wait, those
    > stupid elementals guarding the hot spring, urgh!!! Oh, wait, I'm a
    > grinder not a quester, whoosh :-)

    I'm interested in how Babe is doing with Frost, too. As I've said, I was
    pure Frost for a long time, but I built that at level 60, so I don't
    know what it's like from personal experience while leveling.

    >>Yes, if you are fighting fire elementals in Blackrock Depths, your fire
    >>spells don't do you any good. Arcane Missiles and Frost spells are the
    >>ticket there. So you hit the Arcane Missiles and pray that you don't
    >>tickle the bug.
    >>

    > that's what, 50+ instance? So I'm safe for now :-)

    Yeah. But those high levels creep up on you. :-)

    > But I agreed with you on AM not being manna efficient nor is it offer
    > enough bang to have it.
    >

    >>Improved Fireball 5/5 (faster fireballs mean = damage)
    >>Impact 5/5 (stunned opponent = more damage)
    >>Ignite 5/5 (even more damage!)
    >>Flame Throwing 2/2 (6 extra yards -- that's another fireball!)
    >>Incinerate 2/2 (better crit chance = even more damage)
    >>Pyroblast 1/1 (the big bad fireball, for opening a fight)
    >>

    > Okay, I got half of them...
    >
    > Impact 5/5 (stunned opponent = more damage)
    > Ignite 5/5 (even more damage!)
    > Flame Throwing 2/2 (6 extra yards -- that's another fireball!)
    > Burning Soul 2/5 (don't want to get disrupt)
    >
    > Working my way up to now @ 23rd lvl, I don't see it is cost efficient
    > to put points in Improved Fireball despite the fact that I agreed your
    > assessment. I see the trade off of 0.1s on casting time is not as good
    > as 1% chance of stun or ignite. However, I have yet to see Burning Soul
    > kick in yet since I have put points in it. As for Incinerate, well, I
    > invested in Burning Soul before reading your post about Scrotch which
    > make Incinerate worth its while.

    I really like the improved casting time, particularly with all five
    points in.

    > Now, Pryoblast is cool and I intend to respec my mage to what you have
    > suggested upon reaching 28th lvl. Incinerate can be add in next 2 level.

    Pyroblast+Presence of Mind = happy mage :-)

    Bael Modan

    Yogojunzo reached 25th level after 34 hr 12 minute's grinding. The
    advancement from level 24 to level 25 is about 3 hours or little less
    which is about the same when he grinded from level 23 to level 24. But
    unlike previous level advancement, I did something different. Upon
    reaching level 24 and returned to Camp Tujaro, I cashed in

    Weapons of War
    Grim's Reclamantion I

    and completed following quests

    Grim's Reclamation II
    Grim's Reclamation III
    Tear of Moonstone
    Betryal Within I
    Betryal Within II

    since these quests all centered around Bael Modan, the theory behind it
    was that one can advance faster by completed these quests rather than
    straigh grinding.

    Unfortunately that's not the case. While the Grim's chain quests can be
    done relatively quick and painless. Betryal chain quests are time
    consuming. And that factor in the fact that I have to use throttbot to
    look up where Luk and Nak are located. If I have not done so, I can
    easily see this quest takes up an hour or so because of Warfrenzies
    (those duel weild warrior sure struck faster than I can cast) and
    Stalkers (steath pig) that can tie up lots of downtime.

    If Betryal was time consuming then the Tear of Moonstone is simply
    deadly, I teamed up with a 27th lvl Warlock and we reached as far as
    the boss area before being wiped. This was my first corpse run upon
    reaching 20th level and before all said and done, I have 4 corpse runs
    before level to 25. It was a long corpse run from camp taurjo that by
    the time I got to my corpse, mobs have respawn. I was able to go as far
    as the entrance before being killed. And the only reason we're able to
    complete the quest second time around was that there was a guy or a
    group before us have cleared out the boss area. We are able to rush in
    get the gem and run out.

    While I was grinding at the front entrance of the Bael Modan keep, I
    was invited by a tauren druid, 26th lvl, who needed to completed the
    second part of Grim's quest. And later, a 28th lvl tauren warrior
    joined our group. Since they haven't done the Tear, it make perfect
    sense that they/we were going to do them all. Again, everything was
    kosher until we arrived the boss area. At the top of the stair, we even
    designate who do what, the druid heal, I dps, and the warrior pull.
    Except the warrior don't have the skill to pull. So the druid offered
    to pull. Don't know why, but I decided to pull. That's my third corpse
    run of the day when the entire mobs charged me and ignored both
    taurens.

    NOTE: IN A GROUP/INSTANCE, DO NOT LET MAGE PULL EVEN WITH JUST A
    FIREBALL.

    Anyway, while running there, the druid rezzed me. Bad ideas, as soon as
    I was rezzed, somehow those mobs still have aggro against me. They
    charged up and thus, I began my fourth and final corpse run of the day.
    The only consolation I have was the fact that my previous partner, 27th
    warlock, has had her 10th corpse run of the day when we first did the
    Tear quest. Needless to say, by the time I got there, I missed a good
    chunk of xp and loots from killing those mobs + boss.

    Observation I - the loots while grinding from 24th - 25th got me about
    3g and some silver changes.

    Observation II - it takes on average of 3 hours to gain a level while
    in your 20s no matter through grinding or questing...

    Now at 25th, it's time for me to go into Thousand Needles and faced
    centaur and grimtotems. I hope to reach level 26th before Sunday when I
    turned to the Alliance...

    collection2002 wrote:

    <snip>

    > Now at 25th, it's time for me to go into Thousand Needles and faced
    > centaur and grimtotems. I hope to reach level 26th before Sunday when I
    > turned to the Alliance...

    Centaurs first. Grimtotems are tougher. Especially, Stompers are a pain
    for a mage.

    Junzolog 2005.06.19
    ----------------------

    Armed with Counterspell, grinding at Gorkak (sp? centaurs) was relative
    ease. Junzo was able to gain a level in 2h34m of grinding instead of
    usual 3h + change minutes. Played different toons that happened to
    grind at the same area. For hunter, anyone but Gorkak Windchaser is
    easy to handle. For mage, Gorkak Windchaser is top choice for grinding
    with little downtime. Only 2 or 3 times that I have missed fire
    Counteredspell that let Windchaser healed herself. By now, I started to
    realize the amount of time it takes to fire off a Fireball (3.5s) and
    that talent: improved fireball, started to look better and better. For
    like first 80% of the time Junzo spent at Gorkak, there was almost no
    green drops. And at the last 20% of the time, quadre of green drops
    appeared.

    >From the vendor trash loot, Junzo gained about 2 gold worths.

    Junzo also maxed out his First Aid skill @ 150. No one sell Master
    FirstAid Unwrapped book at AH and Dustmarsh Mallow seemed such a long
    out of the way. So any Skywall horde member reading this, Yogojunzo, is
    willing to pay 2g for Master First Aid Unwrapped book, pst :-)

    Upon gaining 26th lvl, Junzo ported back to Ogimar to respec his fire
    talent tree. It is much easier to dump whole 5 points into Improved
    Fireball than to use the drip method of 1 pt per level. But when the
    Pryoblast talent highlight, his eyes was looking at Pryoblast with
    glee, but his hand clicked on the talent that give crit bonus to fire
    blast/scortch. URGH!!!!!

    At level 26, Yogojunzo felt its time to move on to Grimtotems.

    First Grimtotem was relatively easy and a Stomper to boot. With
    slightly faster fireball blastings and a serious of fireblast/scrotch x
    2 loop, he was able to take down the STomper when they're in melee
    range. Then he encountered plus 1 situation at the top where Grimtotem
    grouped in 2. First set of 2 is composed of Geomancer and Bandit. Junzo
    tried to sheep the Geomancer and then blast the approaching Bandit
    before going back to Geomancer again. Well, first part worked, he was
    able to sheep the Geomancer, and supposedly, <tab> key allow you to
    switch target. But it isn't always functional. So, he ended up
    fireblast the sheep instead. Fireball from Geomancer hurted as hell.
    Maybe it is time to invest in Fire Ward...

    Junzo was able to safely retreat out of harms away. And on the second
    time, he used the mouse rather than trust the keyboard to switch
    target.

    Onto second landing, At the rope bridge onto the second landing, he was
    able to take down a Geomancer. But when attacked the bandit, somehow,
    it able to aggro the mob of couple Geomancers. And the way to retreat
    back was block by respawns Grimtotems. Junzo experienced first his
    first corpse run in 1K Needle.

    After this, Junzo decided to go back to Gorkak for now to grind until
    28th lvl where he can get a Fire Ward spell in additional to other new
    spells available to 28th lvl.

    Creach, what's your tactic when dealing Grimtotems that come in pairs?

    Yogojunzo - 31 lvl undead mage - played 51h29m

    Average about 3 hours from 26 - 30.

    After spend portion of 26 lvl at Grimtotem to completed all three
    quests related to that area:

    Grimtotem Spying
    Wanted - Arnak Grimtotem
    Free AT Last

    I moved on to the otherside of the Great Lift and concentrated at Camp
    E'Thok. Those Golaks are about the same level at Grimtotem except that
    they don't group so it is easier to pick them off one-by-one. Since
    Camp E'Thok is close to Whitereach Post and Highperch, I was also able
    to complete following quests

    Wind Rider eggs
    Homeward Bound
    Hypercapacitor Grizmo
    Assassination Plots
    Protect Kanati Greycloud

    Doing all these quests allowed me to gain 2 levels rather quickly.

    At level 30, I'm readied to move on to Shimmering Flat... It takes
    close to 4 hours to advance to level 31 and that's including completing
    all those quests nearby

    Hardened Shells
    Salt Flat Venom
    Load Lightening
    Rocket Car Parts

    Upon level 31, I decided to depart from the script and traveled to
    Arathi Highlands and grind there.

    31 - 33 @ Northfold Manor
    34 - 37 @ Boulderfist Outpost

    Upon level 38, I think about travel to Alterac Mountains and grind at

    Slaughter Hollow
    Crushridge Hold

    I will keep you post on how this deviation fare...

    collection2002 wrote:
    > Yogojunzo - 31 lvl undead mage - played 51h29m
    >
    > Average about 3 hours from 26 - 30.
    >
    > After spend portion of 26 lvl at Grimtotem to completed all three
    > quests related to that area:
    >
    > Grimtotem Spying
    > Wanted - Arnak Grimtotem
    > Free AT Last
    >
    > I moved on to the otherside of the Great Lift and concentrated at Camp
    > E'Thok. Those Golaks are about the same level at Grimtotem except that
    > they don't group so it is easier to pick them off one-by-one. Since
    > Camp E'Thok is close to Whitereach Post and Highperch, I was also able
    > to complete following quests
    >
    > Wind Rider eggs
    > Homeward Bound
    > Hypercapacitor Grizmo
    > Assassination Plots
    > Protect Kanati Greycloud
    >
    > Doing all these quests allowed me to gain 2 levels rather quickly.
    >

    > At level 30, I'm readied to move on to Shimmering Flat... It takes
    > close to 4 hours to advance to level 31 and that's including completing
    > all those quests nearby
    >
    > Hardened Shells
    > Salt Flat Venom
    > Load Lightening
    > Rocket Car Parts
    >
    > Upon level 31, I decided to depart from the script and traveled to
    > Arathi Highlands and grind there.
    >
    > 31 - 33 @ Northfold Manor
    > 34 - 37 @ Boulderfist Outpost
    >
    > Upon level 38, I think about travel to Alterac Mountains and grind at
    >
    > Slaughter Hollow
    > Crushridge Hold
    >
    > I will keep you post on how this deviation fare...

    If you are on a PVE server, I would expect it to go pretty well. If you
    are on a PVP server and it's anything like Bleeding Hollow, I would
    expect constant ganking to become and issue.

    Ganking is not unusual in Shimmering Flats, but if you stay away from
    the corridor extending along the road from the Thousand Needles to the
    pass over the mountains to Gadgetzan, it is not very frequent in my
    experience, and there are often several other Horde grinders around to
    help discourage it.

    mikel a écrit :
    > collection2002 wrote:
    > > Yogojunzo - 31 lvl undead mage - played 51h29m
    > >
    > > Average about 3 hours from 26 - 30.
    > >
    > > After spend portion of 26 lvl at Grimtotem to completed all three
    > > quests related to that area:
    > >
    > > Grimtotem Spying
    > > Wanted - Arnak Grimtotem
    > > Free AT Last
    > >
    > > I moved on to the otherside of the Great Lift and concentrated at Camp
    > > E'Thok. Those Golaks are about the same level at Grimtotem except that
    > > they don't group so it is easier to pick them off one-by-one. Since
    > > Camp E'Thok is close to Whitereach Post and Highperch, I was also able
    > > to complete following quests
    > >
    > > Wind Rider eggs
    > > Homeward Bound
    > > Hypercapacitor Grizmo
    > > Assassination Plots
    > > Protect Kanati Greycloud
    > >
    > > Doing all these quests allowed me to gain 2 levels rather quickly.
    > >

    > > At level 30, I'm readied to move on to Shimmering Flat... It takes
    > > close to 4 hours to advance to level 31 and that's including completing
    > > all those quests nearby
    > >
    > > Hardened Shells
    > > Salt Flat Venom
    > > Load Lightening
    > > Rocket Car Parts
    > >
    > > Upon level 31, I decided to depart from the script and traveled to
    > > Arathi Highlands and grind there.
    > >
    > > 31 - 33 @ Northfold Manor
    > > 34 - 37 @ Boulderfist Outpost
    > >
    > > Upon level 38, I think about travel to Alterac Mountains and grind at
    > >
    > > Slaughter Hollow
    > > Crushridge Hold
    > >
    > > I will keep you post on how this deviation fare...
    >
    > If you are on a PVE server, I would expect it to go pretty well. If you
    > are on a PVP server and it's anything like Bleeding Hollow, I would
    > expect constant ganking to become and issue.
    >
    > Ganking is not unusual in Shimmering Flats, but if you stay away from
    > the corridor extending along the road from the Thousand Needles to the
    > pass over the mountains to Gadgetzan, it is not very frequent in my
    > experience, and there are often several other Horde grinders around to
    > help discourage it.

    The place I would advise greatly if you're a level 30-33 hunter or
    warlock is Splinthoof Keep (or something like that), the cave inside
    Splinthoof Crag, a kolkar camp, which is right next to Freewind Post.
    The respawn rates and amount of mobs are similar to starting areas mobs
    or places like Skull Rock in Durotar. The main difference is that there
    are no adds over there. No annoying voidwalker. At around 30-33 and
    with a good pet, you can kill those mobs non stop for something like
    15,000 XP/hour (30,000 with rest)

    mikel wrote:
    > If you are on a PVE server, I would expect it to go pretty well. If you
    > are on a PVP server and it's anything like Bleeding Hollow, I would
    > expect constant ganking to become and issue.

    Well, Skywall is a PVE server. But I thought with the introduction of
    battlegrounds, most of ganking and fighting are happening theres and
    lessen everywhere else.

    > Ganking is not unusual in Shimmering Flats, but if you stay away from
    > the corridor extending along the road from the Thousand Needles to the
    > pass over the mountains to Gadgetzan, it is not very frequent in my
    > experience, and there are often several other Horde grinders around to
    > help discourage it.

    At lvl 30 - 31, you pretty much have to stay close to the area where
    the needles meet the shimmering. Mobs there (and in Shimmering Flats in
    general) are not as many as those found in kolak and grimtotem camps.
    Granted, there are lots of pockets of group of monsters. But it is very
    fast to clear out the pocket before the respawn kick in. Unlike above
    mentions camps, you can start at one end of the campsite, and mobs
    would respawn by the time you reached the other side. So there is
    constant grinding with brief interruption of refilling manna.

    At shimmering flats, you have to travel 2 - 3 pockets before the first
    pocket have respawn. It is very frustrating. Oh, and the scoprid poison
    is annoying too, drop my STR and AGIL down to single digit for 3
    minutes with constant damage every 10 sec.

    Being to the manor as an alliance once and saw it has a good size of
    crowds that respawn when working from one end to the other. Just
    becareful of those stealth mob :-)

    What about 30 - 31st mage since three of us are mages who took
    different route to 60th lvl?

    I'm now grinding on average about 12K XP/hour.

    Babe Bridou wrote:

    > mikel a écrit :
    >
    >>collection2002 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yogojunzo - 31 lvl undead mage - played 51h29m
    >>>
    >>>Average about 3 hours from 26 - 30.
    >>>
    >>>After spend portion of 26 lvl at Grimtotem to completed all three
    >>>quests related to that area:
    >>>
    >>>Grimtotem Spying
    >>>Wanted - Arnak Grimtotem
    >>>Free AT Last
    >>>
    >>>I moved on to the otherside of the Great Lift and concentrated at Camp
    >>>E'Thok. Those Golaks are about the same level at Grimtotem except that
    >>>they don't group so it is easier to pick them off one-by-one. Since
    >>>Camp E'Thok is close to Whitereach Post and Highperch, I was also able
    >>>to complete following quests
    >>>
    >>>Wind Rider eggs
    >>>Homeward Bound
    >>>Hypercapacitor Grizmo
    >>>Assassination Plots
    >>>Protect Kanati Greycloud
    >>>
    >>>Doing all these quests allowed me to gain 2 levels rather quickly.
    >>>

    >>>At level 30, I'm readied to move on to Shimmering Flat... It takes
    >>>close to 4 hours to advance to level 31 and that's including completing
    >>>all those quests nearby
    >>>
    >>>Hardened Shells
    >>>Salt Flat Venom
    >>>Load Lightening
    >>>Rocket Car Parts
    >>>
    >>>Upon level 31, I decided to depart from the script and traveled to
    >>>Arathi Highlands and grind there.
    >>>
    >>>31 - 33 @ Northfold Manor
    >>>34 - 37 @ Boulderfist Outpost
    >>>
    >>>Upon level 38, I think about travel to Alterac Mountains and grind at
    >>>
    >>>Slaughter Hollow
    >>>Crushridge Hold
    >>>
    >>>I will keep you post on how this deviation fare...
    >>
    >>If you are on a PVE server, I would expect it to go pretty well. If you
    >>are on a PVP server and it's anything like Bleeding Hollow, I would
    >>expect constant ganking to become and issue.
    >>
    >>Ganking is not unusual in Shimmering Flats, but if you stay away from
    >>the corridor extending along the road from the Thousand Needles to the
    >>pass over the mountains to Gadgetzan, it is not very frequent in my
    >>experience, and there are often several other Horde grinders around to
    >>help discourage it.
    >

    > The place I would advise greatly if you're a level 30-33 hunter or
    > warlock is Splinthoof Keep (or something like that), the cave inside
    > Splinthoof Crag, a kolkar camp, which is right next to Freewind Post.
    > The respawn rates and amount of mobs are similar to starting areas mobs
    > or places like Skull Rock in Durotar. The main difference is that there
    > are no adds over there. No annoying voidwalker. At around 30-33 and
    > with a good pet, you can kill those mobs non stop for something like
    > 15,000 XP/hour (30,000 with rest)

    I agree with this, although at level 33 I was getting closer to 18,000
    an hour in Shimmering Flats by camping the basilisks at the south end
    and the tortoises near the crashed ship at the north end (and the money
    from selling scales and spines is very good).

    Of course, one enemy ganker can put a large dent in that
    experience-per-hour.

    collection2002 wrote:
    > mikel wrote:
    >
    >>If you are on a PVE server, I would expect it to go pretty well. If you
    >>are on a PVP server and it's anything like Bleeding Hollow, I would
    >>expect constant ganking to become and issue.
    >>

    > Well, Skywall is a PVE server. But I thought with the introduction of
    > battlegrounds, most of ganking and fighting are happening theres and
    > lessen everywhere else.
    >

    >>Ganking is not unusual in Shimmering Flats, but if you stay away from
    >>the corridor extending along the road from the Thousand Needles to the
    >>pass over the mountains to Gadgetzan, it is not very frequent in my
    >>experience, and there are often several other Horde grinders around to
    >>help discourage it.
    >

    > At lvl 30 - 31, you pretty much have to stay close to the area where
    > the needles meet the shimmering. Mobs there (and in Shimmering Flats in
    > general) are not as many as those found in kolak and grimtotem camps.
    > Granted, there are lots of pockets of group of monsters. But it is very
    > fast to clear out the pocket before the respawn kick in. Unlike above
    > mentions camps, you can start at one end of the campsite, and mobs
    > would respawn by the time you reached the other side. So there is
    > constant grinding with brief interruption of refilling manna.
    >
    > At shimmering flats, you have to travel 2 - 3 pockets before the first
    > pocket have respawn. It is very frustrating. Oh, and the scoprid poison
    > is annoying too, drop my STR and AGIL down to single digit for 3
    > minutes with constant damage every 10 sec.
    >
    > Being to the manor as an alliance once and saw it has a good size of
    > crowds that respawn when working from one end to the other. Just
    > becareful of those stealth mob :-)

    It must be said that I get bored quickly and so I tend to move to new
    areas before I ideally should. So I was in Shimmering Flats at a lower
    level than I probably should have been; you might want to take that into
    account.

    I got very good rates of experience by camping four places: the crashed
    ship where the tortoises gather, Weazel's Crater (full of basilisks),
    the big skeleton on the east side where the vultures gather, and the
    ruined shack and pool in the south where the basilisks gather. It's hard
    to completely clear the tortoises or basilisks unless several people are
    grinding them. The basilisks in the crater respawn fast enough to keep
    up to two grinders working. The vultures you can clear out solo in a
    couple minutes, so they are just a snack for in between the other places.

    As Babe mentioned, Splithoof Hold inside Splithoof Crag is very good. I
    also like the Grimtotem compound (Darkcloud Pinnacle) but it takes some
    practice to figure out how to grind it; adds are common until you learn
    how the groups and their aggro is laid out, and you also have to learn
    how to kill each of the different kinds of mobs efficiently.

    For me the rates got good in Splithoof at about level 24; Darkcloud was
    good starting about level 26; Shimmering Flats was good starting about
    level 30. But like I say, I may move on a new place earlier than I
    really ought to.

    collection2002 wrote:
    > What about 30 - 31st mage since three of us are mages who took
    > different route to 60th lvl?
    >
    > I'm now grinding on average about 12K XP/hour.

    As I mentioned before, my best sustained rate in Shimmering Flats was
    around 18,000/hr. That was in my mid to upper 30s.

    You may want to experiment some with different methods. I carried a
    pocket full of Compact Harvest Reapers, bandages, and mana potions to
    reduce my downtime, and I preferred to attack a second mob before the
    first one was entirely dead, relying on the Reaper to kill it while I
    engaged the second one. I also used my wand when mob life got low to
    enable mana to regen more.

    I also used bombs for the stun effect. This enabled about one fireball
    per fight to complete faster because the stun prevented some
    interruptions, and also slightly improved my kill-per-mana ratio.

    Of course, engineering gadgets will not work for non-engineers. I'd be
    interested to hear how people have leveraged other professions to
    improve their grinding rates. I can imagine that making your own potions
    might be beneficial.

    My gear is pretty heavily biased toward intellect and stamina, so that
    my green and blue bars are large.

    Generally the routine has been kill six mobs, drink, repeat.

    I got the InfoBar addon, and I watch the exp/hr display on the clock. I
    position myself at a grinding area. Then I renew my buffs, fill up my
    water and food, and drink to recharge my mana. Then I log out and back
    in to reset the clock so I can get a good measurement.

    Then I kill as fast as I can until mana runs out, sit and drink, and do
    it again, then sit and drink again. Then I look at the rate reflected on
    the clock. (It reflects two sessions killing and two sessions resting,
    so I figure it's reasonably representative). I'll do this at a few
    different grinding spots that are supposed to be good for my level, annd
    then stay at the best one for a while.

    Some of the time on the upper thirties I teamed with a warrior I know
    who was also grinding. By picking densely-populated spots and working a
    good rhythm with a warrior, a mage can keep going for a long time
    without drinking, and both warrior and mage can sustain higher rates of
    exp/hr. Working the basilisks in the south, when we were really being
    efficient, we were seeing rates above 20,000.

    Every so often we would get ganked, and our hourly rate would go in the
    toilet. This is more of a risk at the basilisks in the south of the
    Flats than at the other places discussed, because the basilisks are
    quite close to the pass that leads to Gadgetzan, and mounted enemies
    will come through there relatively frequently.

    mikel wrote:

    > As I mentioned before, my best sustained rate in Shimmering Flats was
    > around 18,000/hr. That was in my mid to upper 30s.

    What is your mage's current level?

    > You may want to experiment some with different methods. I carried a
    > pocket full of Compact Harvest Reapers, bandages, and mana potions to
    > reduce my downtime, and I preferred to attack a second mob before the
    > first one was entirely dead, relying on the Reaper to kill it while I
    > engaged the second one. I also used my wand when mob life got low to
    > enable mana to regen more.

    I carry bandages and manna potions but use the later as last resort
    when the mob still alive and I'm out of manna. I used wand when mobs
    drop to 10% of their health. Though unlike humanoids, these beasts
    fight to the death and won't run away so I'm taking more hits as well
    :(

    Profession I have are the Enchanting to disenchant any soulbound items
    I have and the First Aid for a quick heal after the combat. All other
    professions take away time with little return.

    Still doing the old fashion way, focus one mob at the time...

    > I also used bombs for the stun effect. This enabled about one fireball
    > per fight to complete faster because the stun prevented some
    > interruptions, and also slightly improved my kill-per-mana ratio.

    With bomb and other AoE spells, I found it time consuming to focus the
    blast radius especially during the fight when the mob is in your face,
    not to mention distracting as well. For stunning, I still rely on the
    stun ability off fire talent.

    > Of course, engineering gadgets will not work for non-engineers. I'd be
    > interested to hear how people have leveraged other professions to
    > improve their grinding rates. I can imagine that making your own potions
    > might be beneficial.

    well, my objective is to grind to 60th lvl in shortest time possible so
    Yogojunzo does not focus on build up his primary profession.

    My other undead mage, Derian, however, follow tradition roles of
    enchanting & tailoring. Excess wools and linen are shipped from
    Yogojunzo to Derian for power leveling. At level 14, Derian is close to
    150 in his tailor skill and his enchanting skill just passed the 75
    mark.

    > My gear is pretty heavily biased toward intellect and stamina, so that
    > my green and blue bars are large.

    My gears based toward int & spirit so blue bar is 4x larger then green
    bar.

    > Generally the routine has been kill six mobs, drink, repeat.

    Used to be able to do that at E'Camp prior making 30th level. At
    Shimmering flat, initially it was 2 mobs, and got as far as 3 - 4 mobs
    because of manna regen during travel between pockets.

    > I got the InfoBar addon, and I watch the exp/hr display on the clock. I
    > position myself at a grinding area. Then I renew my buffs, fill up my
    > water and food, and drink to recharge my mana. Then I log out and back
    > in to reset the clock so I can get a good measurement.

    I, too, have InfoBar but I don't reset like you do. Just keep grinding.

    > Some of the time on the upper thirties I teamed with a warrior I know
    > who was also grinding. By picking densely-populated spots and working a
    > good rhythm with a warrior, a mage can keep going for a long time
    > without drinking, and both warrior and mage can sustain higher rates of
    > exp/hr. Working the basilisks in the south, when we were really being
    > efficient, we were seeing rates above 20,000.

    I have a partner too for my other mage. But we tend to be quests
    orient. So far, I only grouped when we happened to do similiar quests.

    > Every so often we would get ganked, and our hourly rate would go in the
    > toilet. This is more of a risk at the basilisks in the south of the
    > Flats than at the other places discussed, because the basilisks are
    > quite close to the pass that leads to Gadgetzan, and mounted enemies
    > will come through there relatively frequently.

    no ganking here, except others who competed for your kills whether due
    to grinding or doing quests. So, lots of time travel among 2 pockets
    because of others grinding/questings.

    > It must be said that I get bored quickly and so I tend to move to new
    > areas before I ideally should. So I was in Shimmering Flats at a lower
    > level than I probably should have been; you might want to take that into
    > account.

    I don't know how you able to grind successfully at lower than 30 at
    Shimmering Flat. AT 30th lvl, there are lot more monsters in red or 3+
    level above me that selection was not very good. Even those who are on
    par to 2 level above me takes a long time/mana to kill, hence 2 mobs
    per refill early on. The fact that they don't run away when dropped to
    less than 10% of health also hurt a lot initially. Coming from killing
    6 mobs per refill, this was very depressing :(

    > I got very good rates of experience by camping four places: the crashed
    > ship where the tortoises gather, Weazel's Crater (full of basilisks),
    > the big skeleton on the east side where the vultures gather, and the
    > ruined shack and pool in the south where the basilisks gather. It's hard
    > to completely clear the tortoises or basilisks unless several people are
    > grinding them. The basilisks in the crater respawn fast enough to keep
    > up to two grinders working. The vultures you can clear out solo in a
    > couple minutes, so they are just a snack for in between the other places.

    My 2 pockets are weazel's crater and vultures place.
    Killing vultures for better chance of getting magical loot where as
    killing Basilisks give you better vendor trash loot.

    Now, I have cast my lot at Arathi Highlands, I will stay there for at
    least a level or 2 before decide whether to go back to Shimmering or
    stay oncourse with my original plan. Killing humanoid mobs gave better
    loots than beast mobs since I don't skin, plus humanoids tend to run
    away when their health are in red, maybe except Ogre.

    collection2002 wrote:
    > mikel wrote:
    >
    >>As I mentioned before, my best sustained rate in Shimmering Flats was
    >>around 18,000/hr. That was in my mid to upper 30s.
    >>

    > What is your mage's current level?

    41, a little over halfway to 42. I have slowed down, distracted by some
    other characters.

    >>You may want to experiment some with different methods. I carried a
    >>pocket full of Compact Harvest Reapers, bandages, and mana potions to
    >>reduce my downtime, and I preferred to attack a second mob before the
    >>first one was entirely dead, relying on the Reaper to kill it while I
    >>engaged the second one. I also used my wand when mob life got low to
    >>enable mana to regen more.
    >>

    > I carry bandages and manna potions but use the later as last resort
    > when the mob still alive and I'm out of manna. I used wand when mobs
    > drop to 10% of their health. Though unlike humanoids, these beasts
    > fight to the death and won't run away so I'm taking more hits as well
    > :(

    I use mana potions to extend the time before I need to sit and drink. I
    also got Evocation a few levels ago and use it for the same purpose.

    > Profession I have are the Enchanting to disenchant any soulbound items
    > I have and the First Aid for a quick heal after the combat. All other
    > professions take away time with little return.

    Engineering is certainly both expesnive and time-consuming. On the other
    hand, both bombs and Compact Harvest Reapers make a noticeable
    difference in my measured exp/hr. When using both, I probably see an
    improvement of around 8-10%.

    > With bomb and other AoE spells, I found it time consuming to focus the
    > blast radius especially during the fight when the mob is in your face,
    > not to mention distracting as well. For stunning, I still rely on the
    > stun ability off fire talent.

    I always throw a bomb when the mob is right in my face, and have become
    quite fast at targeting it. There is almost nothing to it: hit bomb
    button, click. Mob is stunned briefly, which means one more fireball
    without interruption and without moving, and a little more damage
    without expending mana.

    The benefit may be an illusion, though, because of the time it takes to
    make the bombs.

    > well, my objective is to grind to 60th lvl in shortest time possible so
    > Yogojunzo does not focus on build up his primary profession.

    Yes, this has never been a priority with Creach. I am clearly not
    leveling him as fast as it is possible to do. First of all, I sent him
    into instances to help guildmates pretty early on. Second, I have sent
    him running around doing PVP things at various times. At this point his
    level to /played ratio is quite unremarkable.

    >>Generally the routine has been kill six mobs, drink, repeat.
    >>

    > Used to be able to do that at E'Camp prior making 30th level. At
    > Shimmering flat, initially it was 2 mobs, and got as far as 3 - 4 mobs
    > because of manna regen during travel between pockets.

    I am still able to do that among the murlocs on the shore of Dustwallow
    Marsh, and among the Woodpaw gnolls in Feralas. Of course, if my warrior
    friend is around, I can last longer between drinks.

    > no ganking here, except others who competed for your kills whether due
    > to grinding or doing quests. So, lots of time travel among 2 pockets
    > because of others grinding/questings.

    I have been killed by Alliance players at every grinding location I have
    tried, except for Darkcloud Pinnacle. Arathi Highlands would have
    produce very impressive exp/hour numbers, except that Alliance killers
    sent the rate into the toilet almost every time. However, if that's not
    a problem on your server, you might try killing the Drywhisker kobolds
    just east of Hammerfall; I saw quite impressive measured rates when I
    was in my low thirties. It was the first place I approached 20,000 exp/hr.

    >>It must be said that I get bored quickly and so I tend to move to new
    >>areas before I ideally should. So I was in Shimmering Flats at a lower
    >>level than I probably should have been; you might want to take that into
    >>account.
    >>

    > I don't know how you able to grind successfully at lower than 30 at
    > Shimmering Flat. AT 30th lvl, there are lot more monsters in red or 3+
    > level above me that selection was not very good. Even those who are on
    > par to 2 level above me takes a long time/mana to kill, hence 2 mobs
    > per refill early on. The fact that they don't run away when dropped to
    > less than 10% of health also hurt a lot initially. Coming from killing
    > 6 mobs per refill, this was very depressing :(

    I don't know what to say about it. I first started killing in Shimmering
    Flats at level 28. I leveled from 29 to 30 pretty much entirely in the
    Flats.

    >>I got very good rates of experience by camping four places: the crashed
    >>ship where the tortoises gather, Weazel's Crater (full of basilisks),
    >>the big skeleton on the east side where the vultures gather, and the
    >>ruined shack and pool in the south where the basilisks gather. It's hard
    >>to completely clear the tortoises or basilisks unless several people are
    >>grinding them. The basilisks in the crater respawn fast enough to keep
    >>up to two grinders working. The vultures you can clear out solo in a
    >>couple minutes, so they are just a snack for in between the other places.
    >>

    > My 2 pockets are weazel's crater and vultures place.
    > Killing vultures for better chance of getting magical loot where as
    > killing Basilisks give you better vendor trash loot.
    >
    > Now, I have cast my lot at Arathi Highlands, I will stay there for at
    > least a level or 2 before decide whether to go back to Shimmering or
    > stay oncourse with my original plan. Killing humanoid mobs gave better
    > loots than beast mobs since I don't skin, plus humanoids tend to run
    > away when their health are in red, maybe except Ogre.

    I made a lot of money from vendors by selling scales and spines
    collected from tortoises and basilisks in the Flats. Once I reached
    level 33, I was spending a lot of time killing the tortoises by the
    crashed ship in the north and the basilisks by the pool in the south
    (though the latter location always carried a relatively high risk of
    ganking).

    > > 41, a little over halfway to 42. I have slowed down, distracted by some
    > > other characters.
    > >

    > Think you are the highest character of the three...

    Indeed. I'm still stuck at 24. Lag disconnected me and killed my mage
    last time I was questing in Durnholde Keep, so I don't even think I've
    gained any rested EXP in all this time...

    I seriously need to get back to work on Millie :)

    Pray tell, when you have the chance, Millie's /played stat...

    thanks :-)

    Babe Bridou wrote:
    > > > 41, a little over halfway to 42. I have slowed down, distracted by some
    > > > other characters.
    > > >

    > > Think you are the highest character of the three...
    >
    > Indeed. I'm still stuck at 24. Lag disconnected me and killed my mage
    > last time I was questing in Durnholde Keep, so I don't even think I've
    > gained any rested EXP in all this time...
    >
    > I seriously need to get back to work on Millie :)

    collection2002 wrote:

    <snip>

    Just for fun, because we are discussing our mages and Shimmering Flats
    and experience rates, I got out a level 32 Troll Shaman I had lying
    around and sent him to Shimmering Flats to try grinding.

    Oh. My. God.

    I found it quite easy to sustain rates between 31,000 and 36,000 exp/hour.

    This shaman is using an Enhancement build. Enhancement is said to be the
    best Shaman build for grinding, but I found the rate at which I could
    grind through mobs in Shimmering Flats to be astonishing. In an hour of
    grinding I think I sat down to rest maybe three times, and if I had
    really wanted to I think I could have managed mana and hit points so
    that I never had to rest.

    Now I'm quite curious to get my level 28 rogue to 32 and send her to the
    Flats for a comparison. I assume that she will be able to grind through
    the beasts there even faster, but the thought of beating 36,000 exp/hr
    with a level 32 character boggles me a little.

    >>I use mana potions to extend the time before I need to sit and drink. I
    >>also got Evocation a few levels ago and use it for the same purpose.
    >>

    > Start to use your idea of using manna potion to extend the time. Seems
    > working till I ran out of potions :-( But your ideas does help reduce
    > the downtime ;-)

    Yes, I find that it takes a little experimentation to find the right
    rhythm to use them. You have to balance the rate of grinding that you
    would like to maintain with the price you are willing to pay for
    potions. I have gone into a grinding session with more than 30 mana
    potions, and I can keep up a pretty good rate for a while, but keeping
    more than 30 mana potions in your pocket can be kind of expensive.

    >>Engineering is certainly both expesnive and time-consuming. On the other
    >>hand, both bombs and Compact Harvest Reapers make a noticeable
    >>difference in my measured exp/hr. When using both, I probably see an
    >>improvement of around 8-10%.
    >>

    > Engineering is definitely a bigger money/time sinker than Enchanting.
    > At least other people can benefit from enchantment, only enginner
    > benefit from his productions.

    That's not entirely true; for example, I make both Ornate Spyglasses and
    EZ-Thro dynamite for other people. However, Engineering is never going
    to be a serious money maker. On the contrary, it's always going to cost
    moeny, and is only worth doing if you use it, as I do, to speed up
    leveling and make you harder to gank (or if you just really like some of
    the cooler gadgets).

    >>Yes, this has never been a priority with Creach. I am clearly not
    >>leveling him as fast as it is possible to do. First of all, I sent him
    >>into instances to help guildmates pretty early on. Second, I have sent
    >>him running around doing PVP things at various times. At this point his
    >>level to /played ratio is quite unremarkable.
    >>

    > Given the fact that you do dittering around and not strictly grinding,
    > can you tell us what's your /played so far?

    I'll try to remember to get that information for you, but the numbers
    are not going to impress you. Creach has spent way too much time doing
    things that generate no experience at all (for example, joining big,
    slow, time-consuming raids, and playing losing games of Warsong Gulch).

    >>I am still able to do that among the murlocs on the shore of Dustwallow
    >>Marsh, and among the Woodpaw gnolls in Feralas. Of course, if my warrior
    >>friend is around, I can last longer between drinks.
    >>
    > This reinforced what I suspected earlier than beasts are more resilient
    > against fire spells than humanoids.

    I'm not sure that's quite the right generalization. Certainly the beasts
    in Shimmering Flats seem to have pretty good fire resistance, though.
    Interestingly, I took my level 28 Warlock among the centaurs and the
    Grimtotems, and I found that, although my experience rate was good in
    both places, their Shadow resistance seems to be fairly high. (I also
    found, by using Drain Mana, that the Galak Windchasers have a truly
    amazing mana regeneration rate).

    <snip>

    > I think Drywhisker kobolds are 34 - 36th level ranged. Oh, and it is
    > definitely a well visited area for both Horde & Alliance. After the
    > manor, I will visit those vodoo trolls next before moving to kobolds.

    Witherbarks? They are good, but I had to give up on them because their
    village was Gank City.

    >>I don't know what to say about it. I first started killing in Shimmering
    >>Flats at level 28. I leveled from 29 to 30 pretty much entirely in the
    >>Flats.
    >>

    > I would say, bombs & arcane talent pool, then.

    I seriously doubt the Arcane talents had anything to do with it. I put
    20 points into Fire up front, which means I didn't start adding Arcane
    points until 30. The first 5 points went into Improved Arcane Missiles,
    which, I guarantee, had no effect on my ability to kill, because I
    simply don't use Arcane Missiles. At level 35 I started adding points to
    Arcane Concentration; that could have had an effect on my grinding rate,
    though not on my ability to kill. At 40 I added Evocation, which
    certainly has an effect on my rate. At 41 I added my first point to
    Improved Arcane Explosion. This talent expenditure will hhave no effect
    for four more levels, because I basically don't use Arcane Explosion
    until I have 5 points in Improved Arcane Explosion, rendering it instant.

    If I had to guess why I had better success than you in the Flats, I
    would guess:

    (1) bombs and engineering gadgets

    (2) I've played a mage a lot before and have a lot of practice and
    confidence in grinding mobs higher levels than me with a mage

    (3) I know the Flats pretty well

    (4) It's possible (though less likely) that I may have spent my talent
    in the Fire tree to greater advantage

    >>I made a lot of money from vendors by selling scales and spines
    >>collected from tortoises and basilisks in the Flats. Once I reached
    >>level 33, I was spending a lot of time killing the tortoises by the
    >>crashed ship in the north and the basilisks by the pool in the south
    >>(though the latter location always carried a relatively high risk of
    >>ganking).
    >>

    > No doubt about it, you get lot more gold generated loots in Shimmering.
    > But I don't have the pressure of grinding for mount since I don't
    > travel around much. Those silks, mageweave, potions and occassional
    > magic item drops from Araithi Highland are much more useful for a
    > grinder like me.

    On that subject, for the third time I reached level 40 without saving
    any money at all for a mount, and raised the money for the mount in a
    few days by grinding. (That made Creach's /played number even worse,
    because the fastest money grinding was in the Grimtotem compound, where
    I got no experience at all, and in the Flats, where I got very little.
    Interestingly, I tried grinding the elite mobs outside the Scarlet
    Monastery and found the rate of money generation there was better than I
    expected, partly because those mobs carry quite respectable amounts of
    money, but more because their drop rate on green and better items is
    quite high.)

Video Games Product