PC to TV Audio issue

Greetings everyone,

I'm attempting to hook my PC up to my TV. I have the proper DVI to HDMI cable working just great. However, I have no audio. I purchased a 3.5mm to RCA cable, however I am receiving no sound. On my PC I am using an Nvidia 9600 GT card and my TV is a toshiba 32c120u.

I've tried switching ports and checking and double checking my audio cable is hooked up properly. I've checked my PC and vcard audio settings. The TV is registering as being hooked up to the PC, but no sound.
7 answers Last reply
More about audio issue
  1. Check if the TV has red and white RCA jacks right next to the HDMI. Those will usually be the audio jacks that accompany the HDMI port. They might even be labeled so. Try plugging the 3.5 to RCA in there and see how that goes. Also try plugging your iPod or other device into the cable to check if its maybe a faulty cable.

Also, make sure that you have the proper audio device selected in Windows, and the program you are using for audio.
    (Some programs have separate settings and don't use the windows default)
  2. I tried plugging it into my iPod and I'm not getting sound out of there even.

I've tried both sets of red and white jacks just to be sure as well.
  3. Try plugging a DVD player or Cable Box into those same jacks (using a different cable) and see if the TV plays the sound coming
    out of those devices. If so, then the 3.5 to RCA cable your using is probably faulty.
  4. I regularly use my PS2 to play dvds and they work just fine.

How odd that of all the cables I bought tonight, I got a faulty one. Guess its back to the store.

I hope this works...
  5. Chances are that any 20$ computer speakers are better than any TV speakers. Now hdmi connect for the video- but leave audio on the computer speakers. Maybe get extra cable length for them to be able to position them properly, but thats it.

TV speakers are only good for news or scaring flies away. Scratch that- I've never seen a fly be scared of TV speakers- also, I dont watch news.
  6. eodeo said:
    Chances are that any 20$ computer speakers are better than any TV speakers. Now hdmi connect for the video- but leave audio on the computer speakers. Maybe get extra cable length for them to be able to position them properly, but thats it.

TV speakers are only good for news or scaring flies away. Scratch that- I've never seen a fly be scared of TV speakers- also, I dont watch news.

I depends if the TV has small side speakers, or the speakers mounted under the screen. The ones are the sides tend to be tinny pieces of ***, but if you have the underbar, they can provide at lease some degree of bass.
  7. Generally speaking, TVs have very poor audio output. Also, generally speaking, computers, do not.

So to watch things on TV, one should generally use computer speakers over ones built in TV.
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Audio Cable Components