Bypass CD staging area?

When writing to a CD-RW, is it possible to bypass the staging area (and
subsequent "Write these files to CD" step), and have the data go
directly to the CD? My old version of XP treated the CD-RW just like
any other drive. I find the staging area to be more of a nuisance.

Thanks,

Steve

No. You would need a third-party CD recording program,
such as Nero, that supports packet writing. The CD recording
program within Windows XP is quite rudimentary.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Steve P. wrote:
> When writing to a CD-RW, is it possible to bypass the staging area
> (and subsequent "Write these files to CD" step), and have the data go
> directly to the CD? My old version of XP treated the CD-RW just like
> any other drive. I find the staging area to be more of a nuisance.

The only way your "old version of XP" treated the CD-RW just as any other
drive was a third party application like Nero InCD or Roxio..

Read more on Windows XP's built in CD burning capabilities here:
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

--
<- Shenan ->