devark

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
i installed amd 7750 yesterday

today i was watching videos on youtube they were lagging in between
and i got error display drivers have stopped working for 2 seconds and eveyrthing went normal again but when i wacth videos they lagg

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Are you overclocking the card? You can get exactly that kind of behavior when you overclock. You can also get that when your card doesn't have enough voltage, which could be related to overclocking, or having a shitty power supply (much less common).

Also might be bad display drivers, you did install new drivers after installing the new card, right?

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
It's a driver issue, related to Flash/Browser GPU acceleration. Disable Flash Hardware Acceleration and in your browser.

I know only how to turn it off in Firefox off the top of my head, Tools>Options>Advanced "General Tab" Uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration when available.
For Flash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

Actually Microsoft has an auto disable tool for it, here is the link to it. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9783239

Chrome is harder, it has a bunch of settings that need changed.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
it uses Hardware Acceleration.

Honestly I think it has everything to do with either idle voltages or clocks on these cards that drop way down in speed while idle. Mine drops to 51core 135memory and 101 Shader clocks. And with Hardware Acceleration it doesn't seem to raise the voltages/clocks enough to be completely stable. But I'm no engineer so it's just my mostly uneducated guess.

devark

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
the psu is generic frontech
a core i3 dh55pj mobo 4gb ram and that 7750oc edition

can u solve my other probleam too the driver stoppes working while watching videos but stays fine while games

devark

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
hey i had probleams while watching videos only not while playing games i turned off what u said and it is working fine now but dont know will it be fine or not

i turned off my pc after it was in a lagg when i runned a benkmark in street fighter
and i checked the psu it was a little bit hot after it cooled down i again played videos but they were working f9 can this be a heat issue too

is my probleam fixed

the psu is generic frontech
generic psus are not good. if you can afford, get a corsair cx 430v2. the current psu shouldn't cause issues unless pushed, imo it's better to be safe....

a core i3 dh55pj mobo 4gb ram and that 7750oc edition

can u solve my other probleam too the driver stoppes working while watching videos but stays fine while games
you could try -
you could update drivers, tweak video player settings so that it doesn't crash.
download latest driver package from amd.
download driver sweeper from phyxion.
fully uninstall current drivers, then install latest drivers.

devark

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
generic psus are not good. if you can afford, get a corsair cx 430v2. the current psu shouldn't cause issues unless pushed, imo it's better to be safe....

you could try -
you could update drivers, tweak video player settings so that it doesn't crash.
download latest driver package from amd.
download driver sweeper from phyxion.
fully uninstall current drivers, then install latest drivers.

it may be heat issuses too

can it be heat which may the graphic drivers go unresponsive :??:

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
It will be fine until AMD fixes that issue. I too use this for my 560's as they have/had the same issues.

As for Street Fighter and it lagging, and your psu getting "hot" the more work the PSU does the warmer it gets, same for the video card. Unless the GPU is running 80-90c + then there is no issue there. The PSU is working less as your browsing versus playing a game. When gaming the PSU will be putting out a lot more juice thus run warmer.

it may be heat issuses too

can it be heat which may the graphic drivers go unresponsive :??:
if your case has poor airflow, too much dust, your room's temprature is high, then heat can become problem. if the gfx card gets too hot, it will throttle down to low speed to protect itself. worst case, pc might shut itself down. heat affects all components, not just the gfx card. but i've never heard of heat affecting video card drivers during movie playback. that seems more like software issue.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I haven't used Hardware Acceleration in months since I started getting them, reading forums and other peoples work arounds I tried it and it solved my issue for me, and I don't know if Nvidia ever actually fixed it. I get no performance issues watching videos either SD or HD and browsing seems plenty fast as well.

As far as heat causing the driver crashes....possible but not very probable. Download MSI Afterburner and monitor your temps. http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm You should be able to adjust your fan settings to a more aggressive setting if heat is an issue. Anything above 80c is hot(to me anyway). And AMD and Nvidia both are known for very conservative fan profiles.