Casing and power supply choices

samm216

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I've bought my other parts except for casing and power supply. I have few choices in mind but i need some advice/opinion.

cpu= i7 3570k
mobo= asus p8z77 v pro
vga= sapp. 7850oc
ram=corsair 1866 4gx2
hd= wd 2tb
cd drive= lg cd/dvd

these are the basics..I have few power supply and casing choices in mind.

casing = cm storm trooper or corsair 600t
power supply = corsair gs700 or corsair tx 750w or corsair ax750 or thermaltake 80plus

most probably in the future i'll be adding vga for CF..and im not the OC type..

stores at my place have access only to certain brands (CM,corsair,thermaltake.,silverstone,vantec,xigmantec, aerocool)

thanks in advance

Solution
Budget?

power supply = corsair gs700 or corsair tx 750w or corsair ax750 or thermaltake 80plus

What are you looking for in a case? There are certainly more/better options than the ones you listed, but it depends on your budget.

Stay away from Thermaltake's PSUs - terrible reputation for dying and taking the rest of the PC with it.
Corsair's AX series is ideal, but the TX and HX PSUs are just as reliable. Seasonic is the OEM, so anything made by them is certainly a choice as well.
Budget?

What are you looking for in a case? There are certainly more/better options than the ones you listed, but it depends on your budget.

Stay away from Thermaltake's PSUs - terrible reputation for dying and taking the rest of the PC with it.
Corsair's AX series is ideal, but the TX and HX PSUs are just as reliable. Seasonic is the OEM, so anything made by them is certainly a choice as well.

Solution

samm216

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
thanks..the price difference is about 62.81usd each..im thinking of corsair 650tx and cm storm trooper...im in malaysia..its quite hot here..any other suggestion ?