Computer not displaying anything on screen?

raptorrex

Honorable
May 19, 2012
So, the other day my Cyberpower GXi210 suffered from a bsod error on startup, and couldn't start windows. I have reinstalled windows to that hard drive from another computer. And now, when i turn on my Cyberpower, there is nothing displayed on the screen. Anyway to fix this?

I think it is because the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card aren't there anymore. So i tried to install them on my other computer, but apparently there was a auto check to see if the computer was compatible, which it isn't.

raptorrex

Honorable
May 19, 2012
so how could i do that without anything on the screen?

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
if your cyberpower computer isn't showing anything on the screen (bios, error messages etc...) when you turn it on you are most likely dealing with a hardware issue. I'd suspect the video card may have something wrong with it and if possible I would test it in another computer or take a video card from another computer and test it in your cyberpower.

Installing an OS on another computer then taking that OS installed hdd and putting it in a new computer isn't a good idea and if it does somehow work you're going to create more problems than you solved (unless the hardware the same).

edit
you have to fix your computer first and get a display before you can install any operating system.

raptorrex

Honorable
May 19, 2012

so is there anyway to do this? can i reinstall windows without a display?

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007

your computer has something wrong with it, most likely a problem with the video card. Installing windows is not going to give you a display on your screen.

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
first thing
a) remove your video card from your cyberpower pc and test it in another pc
or
b) take a video card from another computer and test it in your cyberpower pc

report back with your steps taken & results