Closed Solved

Do i have to go to a k series processor

specs 1
intel core i5 - 3570K / 3.4 GHz=259.74$
MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard=194.80$
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R)=56.06$
Corsair H40 Cooler=87.12$
Corsair 300R=86.58$
Corsair Builder Series™ CX500 V2 — 80 PLUS® Certified =66.73$

total amount =751.03$
specs 2 non k series
intel core i5 - 3570/ 3.4 GHz=225.46$
MSI ZH77A-G41 Motherboard=106$
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R)=56.06$
Corsair 300R=86.58$
Corsair Builder Series™ CX500 V2 — 80 PLUS® Certified =66.73$
total amount =540.83$

my question is that is 213.17$ really worth it ?if i buy a k series processor i would barely overclock it to max of 4.2ghz with my ambient temperature
NOTE:i already have a gtx 550ti card ,1.5tb WD hdd
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about series processor
  1. Well for one overclocking to 4.2 is pretty significant but to answer your question, no you don't need a K series processor ( well unless you must overclock of course). Stock speed is just fine and I'd spend the extra money on getting a better PSU or CPU cooler such as one of Corsairs latest the H80i or just get a cheap but solid air cooler such as the Hyper 212+.
  2. Well for one overclocking to 4.2 is pretty significant but to answer your question, no you don't need a K series processor ( well unless you must overclock of course). Stock speed is just fine and I'd spend the extra money on getting a better PSU or CPU cooler such as one of Corsairs latest the H80i or just get a cheap but solid air cooler such as the Hyper 212+.
  3. Well get a Cx 430 or Antec Vp-450 instead of that. Much cheaper and better than Cx 500W.

    Change that H40 to Hyper 212 Evo. I have it now and my cpu stay 15-25C max load with fan on low.

    And IMO get the K series. Will last you longer
  4. prototype18 said:
    Well get a Cx 430 or Antec Vp-450 instead of that. Much cheaper and better than Cx 500W.

    Change that H40 to Hyper 212 Evo. I have it now and my cpu stay 15-25C max load with fan on low.

    And IMO get the K series. Will last you longer

    i currently use cooler master extreme 460w.so finally what are the specs u tell
  5. Best answer
    Cooler master its not a good brand for Psu except Silent M series.

    I5 3570K
    About mobo idk Choose a Z77 like Asrock Extreme 4 Z77(Personally i get only Asus/Asrock Boards)
    Hyper 212
    Xfx 550W Pro Core Edition
    300R
    G.skill 2x4Gb 1600 Mhz

    Hyper 212 Will suffice you to cool it
  6. Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
  7. prototype18 said:
    Cooler master its not a good brand for Psu except Silent M series.

    I5 3570K
    About mobo idk Choose a Z77 like Asrock Extreme 4 Z77(Personally i get only Asus/Asrock Boards)
    Hyper 212
    Xfx 550W Pro Core Edition
    300R
    G.skill 2x4Gb 1600 Mhz

    Hyper 212 Will suffice you to cool it

    this is the config i'm going to buy
    i5 3570k
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (i'm worried about quality coz i heard asrock are not good mobo manufacture)
    hyper 212+
    Xfx 550W Pro Core Edition
    cooler master HAF 912
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz
  8. Nice case :)
    I still think you should get G.Skill. I use the personally and they are great.

    If u are so worried go with asus :)

    P8Z77-V or Pro .

    This is the 3 Asrock mobo i use and its just perfect.

    But asus is way to good :) And more expensive
  9. prototype18 said:
    Nice case :)
    I still think you should get G.Skill. I use the personally and they are great.

    If u are so worried go with asus :)

    P8Z77-V or Pro .

    This is the 3 Asrock mobo i use and its just perfect.

    But asus is way to good :) And more expensive

    i'm very sorry that i'm not going on ur suggestion as the k series specs costs an extra of 200$ compared to the non k i'm going to non k version here are my new specs
    intel core i5 3570
    mobo: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP Motherboard(using with stock cooler)
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz
    asus xonar ds 7.1 ch compatible sound card
    psu :xfx pro core 550w
    case:corsair 300r
    with the remaining i thought i could buy an ssd
  10. Lol 200$ wtf.

    Yes this is a good build too.

    And a ssd would b very hlepful.
  11. prototype18 said:
    Lol 200$ wtf.

    Yes this is a good build too.

    And a ssd would b very hlepful.

    the non k series is 510$
    but the k series is 712$ u just say is it worth of going
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Motherboards Components