Sign in with
Your question

Looking for benchmarks

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 20, 2012 3:26:15 PM

Looking at getting this in the next 12 days

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (11197-01-40G)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Just curious as to if this is the best card on the market without going over 500 hundred. As well where do I go to get specs on this particular card. Like heat index and FPS. I cant wait for Nvidia forever so I have to go with AMD

More about : benchmarks

May 20, 2012 3:40:32 PM

Well from what I've seen(not benchmarks, but people who have used both.), the GTX 670 will give you pretty much the same performance as a 7970.

I don't know if that's exactly true. And I know that newegg has their GTX600 series cards listed as out of stock.

But, there are a few GTX670's for $399. So, if you're willing to wait, that would probably be the better deal. I'm gonna do some research and dig for some benchmarks though.

Also, as omgitzfatal noted above, the GTX680 is a faster card for the same price (Weird, it's usually the other way around with these two companies.)

The GTX670 is basically an underclocked GTX680, so it really depends if you want the extra performance or the extra $100.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2012 3:52:01 PM

AMD will drop prices, they are just holding out cause Nvidia is having supply issues.
m
l
May 20, 2012 3:57:48 PM

geekapproved said:
AMD will drop prices, they are just holding out cause Nvidia is having supply issues.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't know how long that is gonna take though, so again, it's a waiting game regardless if you want AMD or nVidia at this point, unless you feel like spending extra money, lol.
m
l
May 20, 2012 4:43:34 PM

The 680 and the 670 would be the only choice that supports triple screen with one card. But I have been waiting to get my hands on an Nvidia but are not in production. It would be nice to get a release date from the company, but I want prolong not having a graphics card much longer.
m
l
!