US->EU

rzr

so i finnaly couldnt wait for blizzard to live up to their promise and
allow US cd-key users to "see" european servers, so i got a hold of EU
cd-key so i can play with some of my friends...question, i have us
retail version...how do i convert it to be safely played on eu
servers...i know there are like 2-3 things taht need to be changed, but
i am not 100% sure to what...so realmlist.wtf has to be changed to logon
to EU server and also interface.mpq wow.ini file to set correct region i
guess...is there a guide or something cause i dont wanna mess up stuff
and not be able to play :) tnx

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:56:38 +0200, RzR wrote:

> how do i convert it to be safely played on eu
> servers...i know there are like 2-3 things taht need to be changed, but
> i am not 100% sure to what...

When I tested this, I only had to change the realmlist.wtf file, and
everything worked fine for me:

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

If there are other things that need to be changed, I don't know of them. I
had no problem using my EU characters with the US retail version after
making this one change.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

Michael Vondung wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:56:38 +0200, RzR wrote:
>
>> how do i convert it to be safely played on eu
>> servers...i know there are like 2-3 things taht need to be changed,
>> but i am not 100% sure to what...
>
> When I tested this, I only had to change the realmlist.wtf file, and
> everything worked fine for me:
>
> set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
>
> If there are other things that need to be changed, I don't know of
> them. I had no problem using my EU characters with the US retail
> version after making this one change.
>
> M.

But it does require a US CD-key to make this work, right?

Devast8or

rzr

Devast8or wrote:
> Michael Vondung wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:56:38 +0200, RzR wrote:
>>

>>>how do i convert it to be safely played on eu
>>>servers...i know there are like 2-3 things taht need to be changed,
>>>but i am not 100% sure to what...
>>
>>When I tested this, I only had to change the realmlist.wtf file, and
>>everything worked fine for me:
>>
>>set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
>>
>>If there are other things that need to be changed, I don't know of
>>them. I had no problem using my EU characters with the US retail
>>version after making this one change.
>>
>>M.
>

> But it does require a US CD-key to make this work, right?

u mean EU key right?

rzr

Michael Vondung wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:56:38 +0200, RzR wrote:
>

>>how do i convert it to be safely played on eu
>>servers...i know there are like 2-3 things taht need to be changed, but
>>i am not 100% sure to what...
>

> When I tested this, I only had to change the realmlist.wtf file, and
> everything worked fine for me:
>
> set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
>
> If there are other things that need to be changed, I don't know of them. I
> had no problem using my EU characters with the US retail version after
> making this one change.

u have used EU cdkey to do this right?

so u had no problems from blizzard for this?

thanks for replying

RzR wrote:

>>> If there are other things that need to be changed, I don't know of
>>> them. I had no problem using my EU characters with the US retail
>>> version after making this one change.
>>>
>>> M.
>>

>> But it does require a US CD-key to make this work, right?
>>

> u mean EU key right?

Well, yeah in your case. In Michael Vondung's case (and my own) it would be
the other way around since weøre in Europe.

What I meant was to ask if I'm right in assuming that you need a key from
the other side of the pond if you want to play on the side of the pond? Or
if I could just make this change in my EU version and play on US servers
without having to buy a US version of the game?

Devast8or