Sign in with
Your question

No Display After Installing XFX Radeon 6770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 20, 2012 4:15:42 PM

I installed my Radeon HD 6770 two days ago and have had no problems with it. It worked great and the few games I do play on my computer (Starcraft II, Diablio III) played well on the high graphics settings. I turned my computer off while I went out to run errands and when I came back and turned it on it stopped working. Well, I think. The computer boots up fine, but nothing registers on the monitor. It just goes into sleep mode. I've read I can fix this by going through my bios, but that seems impossible to me since I have no display. My onboard graphics card will display when I disconnect the new one and move the DVI cord to the old port.

Power Supply: Rosewill 500 W (Xfx reccomends 400 w minimum so I'm good)
Processor: AMD PHenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz
Windows 7 64 bit

I don't have the option of installing the card in somebody else's computer to see if it'll work there as everybody I know owns a laptop. I spent about four hours last night going through various forums, including these ones, for troubleshooting and nothing worked. Any suggestions? :/ 
May 20, 2012 4:30:38 PM

Just out of curiosity (because this probably won't help) how many times have you rebooted since then?

Every once in a while my GPU just won't display anything. No post, no boot screen, nothing. Even though I know my computer is running. Sometimes I have to unplug everything and wait or just restart a few times. It only happens like once every few months though.
m
l
May 20, 2012 4:32:53 PM

Try these steps:
Take the card out
Boot back into windows and download "ccleaner" and "Driversweeper"
go into the control panel and go to "programs and features"
Find the AMD driver or whatever comes under AMD go to uninstall and then express
DON'T reboot yet
Use driversweeper DON'T reboot
Use CCleaner and then TURN OFF pc
Reseat the card and boot up see if it changes
If it doesn't change then take out the card, install drivers off AMD website and then turn off pc again and reseat the card

Hope that helps, I had big problems my self with my "ex" 7950
m
l
Related resources
May 20, 2012 5:56:11 PM

I tried both solutions you suggested and no luck. :/ 

For Abyssalx, I've rebooted this thing at least two dozen times by now.
m
l
May 20, 2012 9:53:12 PM

Any other suggestions? :/ 
m
l
May 20, 2012 10:59:54 PM

If all fails, bring it to the repair shop they should fix it for you.

One day this happened to me my motherboard wasn't being recognized and nothing showed up on my screen.

After 4 days and $40 the problem was fixed
m
l
May 21, 2012 12:27:46 AM

mines won't work either .. im using my on board hdmi port.. the extra device is not even seen in device manager.. nothing is working.. I do not know what to do.
m
l
October 16, 2012 8:23:07 PM

JimmyJames88 said:
I installed my Radeon HD 6770 two days ago and have had no problems with it. It worked great and the few games I do play on my computer (Starcraft II, Diablio III) played well on the high graphics settings. I turned my computer off while I went out to run errands and when I came back and turned it on it stopped working. Well, I think. The computer boots up fine, but nothing registers on the monitor. It just goes into sleep mode. I've read I can fix this by going through my bios, but that seems impossible to me since I have no display. My onboard graphics card will display when I disconnect the new one and move the DVI cord to the old port.

Power Supply: Rosewill 500 W (Xfx reccomends 400 w minimum so I'm good)
Processor: AMD PHenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz
Windows 7 64 bit

I don't have the option of installing the card in somebody else's computer to see if it'll work there as everybody I know owns a laptop. I spent about four hours last night going through various forums, including these ones, for troubleshooting and nothing worked. Any suggestions? :/ 

I'm facing the same issue with the same card. I was using it wonderfully for months. Played games and all and suddenly it just stopped giving me any signal in monitor. Although the PC is booting normally. When I plugged my monitor into my motherboard's display port (VGA) I can see that after entering my OS it's giving a message: "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." Tried uninstalling and installing it afresh. But not even the bios screen is coming, OS comes later. I'm really not sure how to make it work. Any help guys!
m
l
!