Just need some people to double check this build

ghotbijr

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Need this built on September 2nd, so I guess last 2 weeks of August is a good deadline for purchases, I got plenty of time though.

Budget Range: Around $1,000, could go a bit over though

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Whatever is cheapest

Location: I live in Seattle, Wa. But am in NYC for the next 2 months and can buy some parts here if it's cheaper (Microcenter near by here too).

Parts Preferences: I want an intel cpu, otherwise I don't have too much preference. I lean a bit more towards AMD gpu's, but I'll go nvidia if it's worth it.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: In the future, when I can afford a second card.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: The case I have selected is just a place holder for price checking, so I need help selecting a case. The case needs to have good cooling, but it can't have an exhaust hole on the right side and the top side (when looking at the computer from the front) because it will have to be against/very close to a wall and roof of a desk on these sides. I'd also really like to add an SDD just for the operating system and a game I'd be playing most at a given time, so if anyone has a good suggestion for a reasonably priced SSD that would be great too.

I already have this build here together: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c17k and really just want some expert advise on whether or not this is a good setup, I'm kinda new to this and this will be the first build I've done completely on my own.

ghotbijr

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Thanks Dave for the suggestion on the PS, can't really argue with $5 for 100w and more quality.

Anyone have a suggestion on the case? It really doesn't have to look that great, just need to have one without the exhaust on the right side and top, kind of curious if any good cases are even made like this.