Pre-built PC Question

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 Processor (4x 3.10GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 - 2GB

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0

Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X

Hard drive: 120 GB Intel 520 SSD - Single Drive

Power supply: 750 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 Free Upgrade to 850 Watt Corsair
CMPSU-850TXV2

Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - Standard 120mm Fan

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case

Will this PC run games like Battlefield 3 at Medium-High settings with no lag?

How long will a CPU and GPU setup like this last me until it can no longer play games at that performance?

(Forgive me if I posted this inn the wrong place, i'm new here. :L)
7 answers Last reply
More about built question
  1. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. that GT 640 is a horrible graphics card a 7850 would be a major improvement. also you want a separate hard drive for storage since the SSD is 120GBs.
  3. Yep. Bad CPU, bad GPU. Just give us a budget and the site you want to use.
  4. Hi, they are right but you can see for yourself easily. This reference (on the last page) breaks video cards into tiers. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

You can see the GT 640 is not strong. The rest of the system is very strong. You could make a strong gaming system out of it by adding a strong $200+ video card. Or you can hunt down a gaming system that starts with a good card.
  5. kajabla said:
    Yep. Bad CPU, bad GPU. Just give us a budget and the site you want to use.

Budget: $1000-$1300

Site: iBuyPower
  6. cpu aint bad... but if not overclocking go for a h77 board
  7. That's tough. I'd really like to fit in a 670, as they're by far the best value at the top of the GPU heap, but you can't fit in both a 670 and a data hard drive (in addition to the SSD) on $1300. Do you have any interest in getting by without an extra hard drive, on the SSD alone?
    Here's a decent build minus the extra hard drive. If you don't already have a copy of Windows and need to fit it in on this budget too, you'll have to drop more things. http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_Z77_Core_i5_Configurator/w/127809
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems