New Parts, Computer still won't boot

So after the last incident I had with my computer not starting up, it became apparent that my motherboard was the issue. So I replaced the motherboard and just for good measure, replaced the CPU (The old one was causing problems as well and when I took it out I found it had bent pins)

However, after getting the parts and installing them, I found that the computer still would not start. My build is as follows:

Mobo: Brand-New ASUS A97 EVO
CPU: AMD FX8150 (Also brand-new)
GPU: EVGA 570 GTX HD
PSU: Corsair HX 750W Power supply
Case: ThermalTake Level 10 GT
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus
RAM: 8GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB)

Also, before the computer turns off every time. There is a red light labeled CPU LED that comes on. But I can't find anything wrong with the CPU. Please help, I've already gone over the list of installation errors and didn't perform any of them
1 answer Last reply
More about parts computer boot
  1. You may need to flash the bios first using an older cpu. The 8150 requires bios file 0813 or it won't post. You can select a newer board or borrow or purchase a low end cpu like my sempron 130 (last sempron made works fine even though it's not on the cpu support list). I haven't flashed an asus board for awhile; be sure you understand the procedure or you could end up with a dead board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer CPUs Motherboards Systems