Sign in with
Your question

New Parts, Computer still won't boot

Last response: in Systems
July 13, 2012 7:41:55 PM

So after the last incident I had with my computer not starting up, it became apparent that my motherboard was the issue. So I replaced the motherboard and just for good measure, replaced the CPU (The old one was causing problems as well and when I took it out I found it had bent pins)

However, after getting the parts and installing them, I found that the computer still would not start. My build is as follows:

Mobo: Brand-New ASUS A97 EVO
CPU: AMD FX8150 (Also brand-new)
GPU: EVGA 570 GTX HD
PSU: Corsair HX 750W Power supply
Case: ThermalTake Level 10 GT
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus
RAM: 8GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB)

Also, before the computer turns off every time. There is a red light labeled CPU LED that comes on. But I can't find anything wrong with the CPU. Please help, I've already gone over the list of installation errors and didn't perform any of them

More about : parts computer boot

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
July 13, 2012 9:26:40 PM

You may need to flash the bios first using an older cpu. The 8150 requires bios file 0813 or it won't post. You can select a newer board or borrow or purchase a low end cpu like my sempron 130 (last sempron made works fine even though it's not on the cpu support list). I haven't flashed an asus board for awhile; be sure you understand the procedure or you could end up with a dead board.
m
l
Related resources
!