Druid Rogue gap

I have a lvl 50 druid. He was my first character. I decided to make an alt
rogue. All I can say is OMG.

The Rogue levels, on average, three times faster. The lvling gap is insane.

I first noticed it when two of my guildmates (hunter, warlock) who play
about the same amount of time as me and were far below my lvl are now lvl 55
and 57.

Druids need a damage boost for bear or mail for caster - or something.
6 answers Last reply
More about druid rogue

    Hehe, You wanna try playing a priest......

    > I have a lvl 50 druid. He was my first character. I decided to make
    > an alt rogue.
    <snip>
    > The lvling gap is insane.

    Between your first character and your second? Sure. You're more
    familiar with the game and the various zones and are problably using
    more mods. Why are you surprised?

    If you re-rolled a druid, you'd likely level much faster the 2nd time
    around.

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (60) on Stormrage [PvE]

    "Shane MacIntyre" <enco@encoeng.com> wrote in message
    >I have a lvl 50 druid. He was my first character. I decided to make an alt
    >rogue. All I can say is OMG.
    >
    > The Rogue levels, on average, three times faster. The lvling gap is
    > insane.
    >
    > I first noticed it when two of my guildmates (hunter, warlock) who play
    > about the same amount of time as me and were far below my lvl are now lvl
    > 55 and 57.
    >
    > Druids need a damage boost for bear or mail for caster - or something.

    Totally agree with you, I have a lvl 43 druid and a lvl 28 Rogue. Against an
    equivalent lvl 28 mob such as the scarlet militia rogues I can finish them
    in about 2-3 hits (using The Butcher as main hand weapon)..

    I take about 10% hit in health by the end of a fight.

    Its ridiculous how fast I can proceed simply by killing mobs if I feel like
    it.

    Druids last for ages but the damage output is so low you take 3 times as
    long as a rogue to kill.

    Typical scenario is Roots - Faere Fire - Moonfire - Wrath - Dire Bear -
    melee - cup of tea - melee - read the paper - melee - go to the shops -
    melee

    With my Rogue its like - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! - ding!
    lvl up - NEXT!

    And the Rogue just looks better while they're doing it, fun finishing moves,
    nice animations and graphics.

    > Totally agree with you, I have a lvl 43 druid and a lvl 28 Rogue. Against
    > an equivalent lvl 28 mob such as the scarlet militia rogues I can finish
    > them in about 2-3 hits (using The Butcher as main hand weapon)..
    >
    > I take about 10% hit in health by the end of a fight.
    >
    > Its ridiculous how fast I can proceed simply by killing mobs if I feel
    > like it.
    >
    > Druids last for ages but the damage output is so low you take 3 times as
    > long as a rogue to kill.
    >
    > Typical scenario is Roots - Faere Fire - Moonfire - Wrath - Dire Bear -
    > melee - cup of tea - melee - read the paper - melee - go to the shops -
    > melee
    >
    > With my Rogue its like - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! -
    > ding! lvl up - NEXT!
    >
    > And the Rogue just looks better while they're doing it, fun finishing
    > moves, nice animations and graphics.

    I'm thinking that gear has an effect on the damage output of the Druid /
    Rogue. Take a rogue, you need Agility and Strength, mainly. Not wanting to
    open a "but we also need <x stat> cos..." debate, but they only need to
    focus in 1or 2 stat areas. A druid can end up needing Int, Spi, Sta, Str and
    Agi to fill the roles of healer, tank and roguey cat thing. I try to focus
    my gear for the role, and use a switching mod to change depending on the
    situation. Down side is the lost bag slots, but that's a price I personally
    am willing to pay.

    Alex

    "Rich" <1@2.bla> wrote:

    > "Shane MacIntyre" <enco@encoeng.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a lvl 50 druid. He was my first character. I decided to make an alt
    >>rogue. All I can say is OMG.
    >>
    >> The Rogue levels, on average, three times faster. The lvling gap is
    >> insane.
    >>
    >> I first noticed it when two of my guildmates (hunter, warlock) who play
    >> about the same amount of time as me and were far below my lvl are now lvl
    >> 55 and 57.
    >>
    >> Druids need a damage boost for bear or mail for caster - or something.
    >>

    > Totally agree with you, I have a lvl 43 druid and a lvl 28 Rogue. Against an
    > equivalent lvl 28 mob such as the scarlet militia rogues I can finish them
    > in about 2-3 hits (using The Butcher as main hand weapon)..
    >
    > I take about 10% hit in health by the end of a fight.
    >
    > Its ridiculous how fast I can proceed simply by killing mobs if I feel like
    > it.
    >
    > Druids last for ages but the damage output is so low you take 3 times as
    > long as a rogue to kill.
    >
    > Typical scenario is Roots - Faere Fire - Moonfire - Wrath - Dire Bear -
    > melee - cup of tea - melee - read the paper - melee - go to the shops -
    > melee
    >
    > With my Rogue its like - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! - ding!
    > lvl up - NEXT!
    >
    > And the Rogue just looks better while they're doing it, fun finishing moves,
    > nice animations and graphics.

    If you want to feel uber, take your druid to an instance for tanking. There,
    when everything goes wrong (happens from time to time :-) and your healer
    runs oom, shift out, cast innervate on him, barkskin and tranquility to
    bridge the time the healer needs to figure out what happens, NS + regrowth
    on yourself, shift back to bear form, and smile. You just restored hundrets
    of health points to all your mates and all your healers mana, and grabbed
    tons of aggro without loosing 1 health point yourself. Prepare to type some
    "no problem /shy" stuff when people figure out what happened :-)

    Having said that, soloing a druid is easy, but not really much fun (for me,
    opinions might differ). But if you don't feel great in group combat, you're
    definitely doing something wrong.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (48) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:00:24 +0100, Alex said:

    >> Totally agree with you, I have a lvl 43 druid and a lvl 28 Rogue. Against
    >> an equivalent lvl 28 mob such as the scarlet militia rogues I can finish
    >> them in about 2-3 hits (using The Butcher as main hand weapon)..
    >>
    >> I take about 10% hit in health by the end of a fight.
    >>
    >> Its ridiculous how fast I can proceed simply by killing mobs if I feel
    >> like it.
    >>
    >> Druids last for ages but the damage output is so low you take 3 times as
    >> long as a rogue to kill.
    >>
    >> Typical scenario is Roots - Faere Fire - Moonfire - Wrath - Dire Bear -
    >> melee - cup of tea - melee - read the paper - melee - go to the shops -
    >> melee
    >>
    >> With my Rogue its like - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! - kill - NEXT! -
    >> ding! lvl up - NEXT!
    >>
    >> And the Rogue just looks better while they're doing it, fun finishing
    >> moves, nice animations and graphics.
    >>

    > I'm thinking that gear has an effect on the damage output of the Druid /
    > Rogue. Take a rogue, you need Agility and Strength, mainly. Not wanting to
    > open a "but we also need <x stat> cos..." debate, but they only need to
    > focus in 1or 2 stat areas. A druid can end up needing Int, Spi, Sta, Str and
    > Agi to fill the roles of healer, tank and roguey cat thing. I try to focus
    > my gear for the role, and use a switching mod to change depending on the
    > situation. Down side is the lost bag slots, but that's a price I personally
    > am willing to pay.
    >
    > Alex

    True, its a whole lot easier to manage a Rogues gear, although TBH I found
    that Intelligence / Spirit with high armour worked well for my druid in
    most situations, especially with dire form.

Warcraft Games Video Games Product