Sign in with
Your question

Non Comptible Display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 20, 2012 9:29:49 PM

I was trying to hook my computer up to an older 37" LCD TV we've been using as a monitor for years. For some reason though regardless of what settings I select the TV says "Non Compatible". I've been messing with this for nearly 3 days now and have literally tried every display setting at nearly every possible Hrz. Works fine with with another LCD monitor made by dell.

I've updated the graphics driver.

Here is the system and TV information.

EMachines
EL1358G-51w

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium - 2.8GHz AMD Athlon™ II X2 220 - 3GB memory - 1TB storage - NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE GPU - 16X DVD±RW DL - gigabit LAN - USB

Television: Akai LCT3701AD

Again we used this before as a monitor for an older PC running Vista and NVIDIA GeForce 7050 onboard vid.

Using a VGA cable for both.

More about : comptible display

May 20, 2012 9:35:34 PM

Check your refresh rate and resolution. Also, run Windows update when the TV is connected and see if any driver updates for the TV come up. The easiest way to see if you have some weird incompatibility is to reboot the computer. If you see the POST screen and the Windows splash screen, then its just an incorrect setting. If nothing ever shows up, something else may be wrong. Make sure the TV is the only display device plugged into the computer also.
m
l
!