New computer shut down suddenly and wont start back up

trausti

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hello,
I recently built my first computer and I thought it went well. The first day I set up win7 and everything was good, I played a couple of games off LoL but all of a sudden the screen went red, there were some noises from the sound freezing and the computer just shut down. I turned it back on but it shut down again when I tried opening something up, the same thing happened a couple of times.

I took out the RAM and hard drive, then put it back in another slot, turned the computer on and everything was fine for 20minutes, then it shut down again.

Now when I turn it on everything seems to be working, fans start spinning and the hard drive starts working but nothing comes up on the screen, it just says no signal then goes to sleep mode.

Specs:
Mobo: Asrock p67 pro3
Processor: Intel i5 2500
Video Card: GeForce GTX 550Ti
PSU: Corsair GS 700w
Case: Zalman z9 plus
RAM: Corsair 1600MHz 8gb (2x4gb)
Hard Drives: Mushkin SSD 60gb , Seagate 1Tb

Thank you in advance

trausti

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
I tried taking out the ssd and putting win7 on the other hard drive, I could start the computer but after about 20minutes it just crashed again, and now the screen doesn't even show the "no signal". All fans and hard drive still running though.

trausti

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
I took out my graphics card and put my old GeForce 9600gt in. That seems to have worked, everything looks normal now. But everything else I've done has also seemed to work for 10-20 minutes, I'll update this in a couple of hours or when the computer crashes again. Thanks for the help :)