Sign in with
Your question

680 flickering

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2012 10:35:44 PM

I installed my MSI 680 the other day, ever since I have noticed flickering issues in video playback (downloaded and in wed browser) i have not tried games yet but in watching movies/video it will flicker near the top ONLY AT HIGH FRAME RATES it does not flicker when the picture is still or doing anything else it only happens when playing videos, since i have only had it a few days this has not happened when i was using the HD 4000 graphics from my 3770k so i can only Imagen its some think got to do with the GPU. The integrated graphics is ok for video playback but i would rather use the 680 instead of switching all the time. i have tried uninstalling the 680 driver and then installed them again and also put the graphics card in a different slot and have tried using the HDMI output on my TV but still have the same issue. any help would be appreciated.

More about : 680 flickering

a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2012 10:48:34 PM

Quote:
I installed my MSI 680 the other day, ever since I have noticed flickering issues in video playback (downloaded and in wed browser) i have not tried games yet but in watching movies/video it will flicker near the top ONLY AT HIGH FRAME RATES it does not flicker when the picture is still or doing anything else it only happens when playing videos, since i have only had it a few days this has not happened when i was using the HD 4000 graphics from my 3770k so i can only Imagen its some think got to do with the GPU. The integrated graphics is ok for video playback but i would rather use the 680 instead of switching all the time. i have tried uninstalling the 680 driver and then installed them again and also put the graphics card in a different slot and have tried using the HDMI output on my TV but still have the same issue. any help would be appreciated.

It may be a driver issue, or it may be defective try installing the beta driver!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2012 11:12:56 PM

hi could you please give me a link to witch driver I should try, like i said i did try uninstalling the driver and then installed it again but made no difference
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 12:27:45 AM

Quote:
hi could you please give me a link to witch driver I should try, like i said i did try uninstalling the driver and then installed it again but made no difference

http://www.guru3d.com/news/nvidia-geforce-30140-whql-64...

These are beta drivers, i'm using these atm
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:11:08 AM

installed them still experiencing the flickering.
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:40:02 AM

Quote:
installed them still experiencing the flickering.

i suggest you wait until June when they release new official drivers, those drivers may fix your problem, If not you can always RMA.
a c 173 U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:43:15 AM

Nvidia admitted to there being a flickering issues with Kepler based cards so you are not alone.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:45:29 AM

damit! what do i do now? i just paid a *** load of money for this? amd from now on
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:49:03 AM

Quote:
damit! what do i do now? i just paid a *** load of money for this? amd from now on

Stick with your old card for now, then when Nvidia fixes those driver issues you can switch back
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:52:11 AM

well the thing is....i dont have a old card
should i just give my 680 back for a 670?
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 2:56:40 AM

Quote:
well the thing is....i dont have a old card
should i just give my 680 back for a 670?

I think you should , I have a 670 and its great, 0 issues.

The performance is almost like a 680 but $100 cheaper.

i say go for it!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 3:00:14 AM

lol I already have, I'm handing in my 680 tomorrow.
and are you sure there is not issues
cus this guy said there was "Nvidia admitted to there being a flickering issues with Kepler based cards"
and what 670 should i pick? what about this?

2GB EVGA GTX 670, 28nm, PCIe 3.0 (x16), 6008MHz GDDR5, GPU 915MHz, Boost 980MHz, Cores 1344, 2x DL DVI, DP, HDMI
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2012 10:40:04 PM

Quote:
lol I already have, I'm handing in my 680 tomorrow.
and are you sure there is not issues
cus this guy said there was "Nvidia admitted to there being a flickering issues with Kepler based cards"
and what 670 should i pick? what about this?

2GB EVGA GTX 670, 28nm, PCIe 3.0 (x16), 6008MHz GDDR5, GPU 915MHz, Boost 980MHz, Cores 1344, 2x DL DVI, DP, HDMI

Thats the one that I have, It works great!!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 12:51:44 AM

maxh22 said:
Thats the one that I have, It works great!!

Do you know why EVGA did a recall on it?
a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 1:01:47 AM

Quote:
Do you know why EVGA did a recall on it?

yes, Evga accidently sent out their cards before testing them, that's why so many of them were defective.

If you have a defective one they will ship you the FTW version which actually cost more for free.

They ship you the card before you return yours, so basically it's a win-win situation. ;) 

July 8, 2012 3:18:24 AM

it has to be a driver issue i bought a evga gtx 670 ftw and it flickers on me as well, i thought it was defective, which it still may be, i installed the latest beta drivers and its not as bad.
!