WOW Necromancer

Okay, my favorite character (class?) of all time was the Necromancer from
Diablo 2. Being able to summon armies of skeletons, skeleton mages,
creepers, golems and resurrecting the dead whilst flinging bone spears from
afar was my style of play. We probably won't see one of these anytime in
WOW, so what gets closest to this style of play - Warlock or Hunter?

While were on the subject, according to the strat guide, a Tauren Hunter
starts with 5 less total attribute points than a Troll Hunter. This seems
pretty extreme at the start, although less of an issue in later in levels.
Is this still the case? Seems to make one race favorable over others for
various classes. Are there other race benefits to a Hunter class?

Thanks,

Dark Helmet

"Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Okay, my favorite character (class?) of all time was the Necromancer from
> Diablo 2. Being able to summon armies of skeletons, skeleton mages,
> creepers, golems and resurrecting the dead whilst flinging bone spears
from
> afar was my style of play. We probably won't see one of these anytime in
> WOW, so what gets closest to this style of play - Warlock or Hunter?
>
> While were on the subject, according to the strat guide, a Tauren Hunter
> starts with 5 less total attribute points than a Troll Hunter. This seems
> pretty extreme at the start, although less of an issue in later in levels.
> Is this still the case? Seems to make one race favorable over others for
> various classes. Are there other race benefits to a Hunter class?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dark Helmet

If you like summoning demons to do your bidding and you want to be able to
switch to something that is situation based (tank, dps, mind control,
awesome to look at) when you want to(provided you have the soulshards, the
only really bad part about this class) then Warlock is for you.
Also, Warlocks can do some good damage with Damage over time spells, and can
create stones to aid you and your partymembers. (health, self rez, fire
damage). They can also summon people with the aid of 2 partymembers.

If you like a companion (up to three, but two must be stabled in town and
can only be switched there) that grows with you (just make sure you have
food that they like with you) and can act as a tank or dps (not too much
else) and you like to have a fairly large pool of beast types to choose from
(bears, wolves, spiders, worgs, ostrich things, owls, cats, boars, hyenas,
gorillas, flying-seahorse-dragonlike things, etc.) then Hunter is for you.
Also, Hunters are range masters, so if you like to sit back and pepper mobs
with arrows or bullets while your pet takes the beating, go hunter.

Both Classes are two of my favorites, but they are also designed as
primarily solo PvE. (they do have a lot of good uses in group instances and
in PvP, but not as many as some classes)

There are no classes quite like the Necromancer of Diablo ][ but those two
are the closest.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Dark Helmet <nospam@nospam.com> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:
> Okay, my favorite character (class?) of all time was the
> Necromancer from Diablo 2. Being able to summon armies of
> skeletons, skeleton mages, creepers, golems and resurrecting the
> dead whilst flinging bone spears from afar was my style of play. We
> probably won't see one of these anytime in WOW, so what gets
> closest to this style of play - Warlock or Hunter?

Probably the Warlock would be closest, since he/she dabbles in the
'black arts' :) Unfortunately, one pet at a time is the rule, but you
have a whole lot more control over it than you did as a Necro in
D2/D2LoD.

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...

"Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Okay, my favorite character (class?) of all time was the Necromancer from
> Diablo 2. Being able to summon armies of skeletons, skeleton mages,
> creepers, golems and resurrecting the dead whilst flinging bone spears
> from afar was my style of play. We probably won't see one of these
> anytime in WOW, so what gets closest to this style of play - Warlock or
> Hunter?
>
> While were on the subject, according to the strat guide, a Tauren Hunter
> starts with 5 less total attribute points than a Troll Hunter. This seems
> pretty extreme at the start, although less of an issue in later in levels.
> Is this still the case? Seems to make one race favorable over others for
> various classes. Are there other race benefits to a Hunter class?

Dwarves get a +5 on guns which puts them over Elves in the shooting
department, if you can bear being a smelly dwarf. As for Taurens, hey!
They're cows on two legs! They're lucky they can even get dressed, let alone
fire weapons and refrain from benig pushed over by ganking frat boys.

porl ytrede sig i <3gmpeoFd5uqsU1@individual.net> med dette:

>"Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Okay, my favorite character (class?) of all time was the Necromancer from
>> Diablo 2. Being able to summon armies of skeletons, skeleton mages,
>> creepers, golems and resurrecting the dead whilst flinging bone spears
>> from afar was my style of play. We probably won't see one of these
>> anytime in WOW, so what gets closest to this style of play - Warlock or
>> Hunter?
>>
>> While were on the subject, according to the strat guide, a Tauren Hunter
>> starts with 5 less total attribute points than a Troll Hunter. This seems
>> pretty extreme at the start, although less of an issue in later in levels.
>> Is this still the case? Seems to make one race favorable over others for
>> various classes. Are there other race benefits to a Hunter class?
>
>Dwarves get a +5 on guns which puts them over Elves in the shooting
>department, if you can bear being a smelly dwarf. As for Taurens, hey!
>They're cows on two legs! They're lucky they can even get dressed, let alone
>fire weapons and refrain from benig pushed over by ganking frat boys.

It's a wonder that the cows don't have +Easier Target, since they are
heally hard to miss :p

Taurens should auto-schrink when talking to any NPC, so it's possible
for the rest os us to click at the NPC too (just tired having to change
the camera angle when some of thoose cows are in my way, mostly happens
in AH).
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

"Dark Helmet" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Okay, my favorite character (class?) of all time was the Necromancer from
> Diablo 2. Being able to summon armies of skeletons, skeleton mages,
> creepers, golems and resurrecting the dead whilst flinging bone spears
> from afar was my style of play. We probably won't see one of these
> anytime in WOW, so what gets closest to this style of play - Warlock or
> Hunter?
>
> While were on the subject, according to the strat guide, a Tauren Hunter
> starts with 5 less total attribute points than a Troll Hunter. This seems
> pretty extreme at the start, although less of an issue in later in levels.
> Is this still the case? Seems to make one race favorable over others for
> various classes. Are there other race benefits to a Hunter class?

I vaguely recall Orcs having a pet damage advantage over other classes.

cheers,
Stu.