Sign in with
Your question

NETGEAR FVS318v3 AND D-LINK DGL-4500 WORK 2GETHER

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 6, 2011 11:19:09 AM

JUST WANT TO CONNECT D-LINK DGL-4500 TO NETGEAR FVS318v3 VPN ROUTER'S LAN PORT
AND KEEP FVS318v3 AS DEFAULT DHCP SERVER FROM MY ISP CABLE MODEM!
(USE DGL-4500 AS WIRLESS ACCESS POINT) WHAT SHOULD I KNOW??? DO OR NOT DO?
I'M PRETTY SURE I MUST TURN OFF DHCP SERVICE ON DGL-4500, NEED HELP!
THANKS TO ALL THAT CAN PROVIDE SAME!!! HAPPY COMPUTING!
JAL.
September 6, 2011 2:50:00 PM

go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.0.1. Type exit to close the black form.

disconnect the dlink from the netgear and connect a computer directly to the dlink

setup your wireless security

disable the DHCP and change the LAN IP to match your Gateway IP but ending in 253.

connect one of the four LAN ports of the dlink to the netgear router
m
l
September 7, 2011 8:58:48 AM

Emerald said:
go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.0.1. Type exit to close the black form.

disconnect the dlink from the netgear and connect a computer directly to the dlink DID

setup your wireless security Will (Later)

disable the DHCP and change the LAN IP to match your Gateway IP but ending in 253. Did , not sure where exactly I put in right Place? 192.168.0.253 Disabled DHCP D-Link

connect one of the four LAN ports of the dlink to the netgear router
DID, Can Access D-Link Via MY PC. But No Internet Requests from D-Link SetUp Pages work! (Not)

m
l
September 9, 2011 2:47:39 PM

JUST WANT TO THANK YOU EMERALD! I THINK I GOT IT. SETUP D-LINK DGL-4500 USING MY PC AND CONFIGURED ALL SETTINGS
BEFORE LINKING UP WITH NETGEAR FVS318v3 VPN ROUTER.

SETUP GOES AS FOLLOWED: DGL-4500 IS CONNECTED FROM ITs #1 LAN PORT TO LAN PORT 7 OF THE FVS318v3.
DHCP IS TURNED OFF AT DGL-4500 ACTS AS DHCP CLIENT; AND ON AT FVS318v3 ROUTER.
FVS318v3 IS CONFIGURED AS A DHCP CLIENT AND TO BE DHCP SERVER.
CABLE MODEM IS HOOKED UP TO WAN PORT FVS318v3 ROUTER AND DGL-4500 AND FVS318v3 ARE HOOKED UP LAN TO LAN AND
MY PC IS HOOKED UP LAN PORT FVS318v3 VIA 5-PORT GIG SWITCH.
I CAN ACCESS BOTH ROUTERS VIA MY PC AND FVS318v3 ROUTER CAN SEE BOTH MY PC AND DGL-4500.
I, FOR GOOD MEASURE RESERVED IP AND MAC ADDRESS OF DGL-4500 IN FVS318v3 ROUTER.
THE THING I GOT MOST CONFUSED WITH WAS YOUR RECOMMENDATION OF THE IP's TO USE!!!
I KNOW NOW THAT EVERYONE OUT THERE INCLUDING YOU EMERALD USE DIFFERENT IP's ACCORDING TO WHAT GEAR IS USED...
I HAD TO USE IP FOR DGL-4500 THAT WAS WITHIN RANGE OF WHAT NETGEAR FVS318v3 ROUTER USE'S BECAUSE I RESERVED IT
WITH THE ROUTER'S LAN SETTING (FVS318v3).
I AM JUST WAITING FOR A FRIEND TO USE HIS LAPTOP WITH WIRELESS NIC CARD TO ACCESS THE INTERNET (FIRST SEE IF HE CAN SEE MY DGL-4500 ROUTER).
I THANK-YOU AGAIN EMERALD IN LEANING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION; WILL GET BACK TO YOU AND LET YOU KNOW IF ALL WORKS WELL; NO BUGS I HOPE...
LATER JAL.
m
l
!