Sign in with
Your question

Building gaming computer for $2000

Last response: in Systems
July 14, 2012 12:36:18 AM

Hello, everyone!

My name is Justin, and this is my first post. i randomly came across schlagnath's question for his "$1000-2000 Gaming PC" and i thought this would be a good place to ask my what may be simple question to you guys, but what i have spent many hours reasearching up on, question!

First off, obviously i have saved up enough money to afford a $2000 gaming build and i am very excited about the project of building it! However i have a huge dilema, i have no idea which individual parts (up to date parts) will have the best performance for my budget. i believe i have got down which parts do what to your computer, but i honestly have no idea what the names symbolize to performance or anything like that, i'm completely clueless.

If anyone could send feedback on what's a good build and the links to the parts and if people could give feedback on those builds and review parts for me to use i would greatly appreciate it!

I am not worried about the monitor, keyboard, or mouse at this time, i am not including those in my $2000 budget, just the computer itself.

Thank you to anyone in advance that posts on this topic!

-Justin

a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 12:43:08 AM

Here you go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive
Hard Drive: Plextor PX-M3S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($189.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1455.45
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

You get everything and with monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS it comes in way under budget.
m
l
July 14, 2012 1:08:15 AM

i appreciate your list (: but the things is is that i actually wanna spend around or very close to $2000 dollars on the gaming comp, i want to get it to be the best it can for that ammount of money, because, well thats just what i really wanna spend my money on and i really want it to exceed my expectations. the monitor/keyboard/mouse comes as no concern because by the time i have the computer parts ill have more than enough money to buy a nice monitor and decent keyboard n mouse :D 
m
l
Related resources
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 1:31:56 AM

fuzzypickle said:
i appreciate your list (: but the things is is that i actually wanna spend around or very close to $2000 dollars on the gaming comp, i want to get it to be the best it can for that ammount of money, because, well thats just what i really wanna spend my money on and i really want it to exceed my expectations. the monitor/keyboard/mouse comes as no concern because by the time i have the computer parts ill have more than enough money to buy a nice monitor and decent keyboard n mouse :D 

Here's the thing - this build saves you $500 and it will handle any game you can throw at it for the next couple of years. If games are what you're aiming for your system to do, it makes sense to get the 3570K as opposed to the 3770K or 3930K. For games, the CPU doesn't make that much difference once you get past quad core. Games will not make full use of the six core i7-3930K, nor will they make use of the extra threads offered by the i7-3770K.

If you're actually wanting to hit $2K you could SLI that 670 and you'd be at about $1800. For games it makes more sense to invest in a good GPU than it does a CPU.
m
l
July 14, 2012 1:33:05 AM

Case:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
$99.99

PSU:

Motherboard:

CPU:

RAM: (x2)

HD:

Video Card:

Monitor: (x3)

Adapter: (x2)

Speakers:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

Headset:

Keyboard:

Mouse:

Operating System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-pr...
FREE (But buy it when it comes out)

I think that has about got you covered... plus you just saved $200

You just got a 8 core processor, 16GB of RAM, 2nd best video card available (you could go ahead and get the 7970 if you like, but no required), a 3 monitor surround setup, banging speakers, and just overall outstanding setup.

Total price $1,789.27. You cant go wrong, will put my personal guarentee on it.
m
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 1:37:54 AM

JefferyD90 said:

I think that has about got you covered... plus you just saved $200

You just got a 8 core processor, 16GB of RAM, 2nd best video card available (you could go ahead and get the 7970 if you like, but no required), a 3 monitor surround setup, banging speakers, and just overall outstanding setup.

Total price $1,789.27. You cant go wrong, will put my personal guarentee on it.

Most people around here will heavily advise against the FX-8150 due to how many problems are associated with it. If you read benchmarks - any Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU will absolutely destroy any Zambezi CPU. Not to mention the GTX 670 gets about 10 - 15 FPS better than the Radeon 7950 does. Four solid cores are always going to be better than 8 crappy ones, and Thermaltake does not make very good power supplies. 16GB of RAM is also completely unnecessary on a gaming system.
m
l
July 14, 2012 1:43:41 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Most people around here will heavily advise against the FX-8150 due to how many problems are associated with it. If you read benchmarks - any Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU will absolutely destroy any Zambezi CPU. Not to mention the GTX 670 gets about 10 - 15 FPS better than the Radeon 7950 does. Four solid cores are always going to be better than 8 crappy ones, and Thermaltake does not make very good power supplies. 16GB of RAM is also completely unnecessary on a gaming system.

One of the HUGE reasons I sudjested Windows 8 as the OS...

Please read up on AMD's products before you bash them...

Also, the 670 DOES NOT get that much better performance
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Look it up, and in games your still getting like 60fps+ no matter what you chose. Adding $100 to your electric bill is the only difference...

Are you trying to say more RAM isnt better? Dude wanted to spend $2000, I got as close as I could, I honestly cant spend much more money that what I have.

Just saying, if your not sure about the parts just look at the reviews on TigerDirect... The processor has a 4.8/5 rating, the PSU has a 4.4/5, the 7950 has been on Toms best buy list for like 2 months... Just read the reviews on each part, you will be glad you bought my set up. If you dont like it I will buy it back from you for the exact price I showed, I am that confident.
m
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 1:46:56 AM

JefferyD90 said:
One of the HUGE reasons I sudjested Windows 8 as the OS...

Please read up on AMD's products before you bash them...

Also, the 670 DOES NOT get that much better performance
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Look it up, and in games your still getting like 60fps+ no matter what you chose. Adding $100 to your electric bill is the only difference...

Are you reading the same benchmarks that I am? The GTX 670 is at the top of the list, only beaten by the 680, while the 7950 comes in at 5th or 6th place.

Windows 8 is not going to make that much of a difference in how the FX performs - it was pretty much FUBAR from day one. I've read the benchmarks and I know from first hand use of AMD CPUs how slow they are compared to Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge.
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:14:09 AM

7950 = 3,795
670 = 4,022

its like a 5% difference is what Im trying to say... for a higher price tag, AND it draws almost 60 watts more power. And let me make it clear, the 5% difference is only in this benchmark, you play Battlefield 3 the AMD cards perform better, if you play World of Warcraft the Nvidia cards tend to perform better. So then you have to buy a bigger power supply, AND you would need to get some case fans cause Nvidia cards get HOT!

Dont get me wrong I own a 560Ti, they are very enticing, but I would not buy it again.

And read the performance reviews out there, Windows 8 adds 15%+ on the FX processors EASY, the 8 core ones get like 20%+. At that point, what benifit does a Intel give you? And be realistic, your still playing games at 60fps+ and I just saved you like $200 vs a intel equilivent and dumped that into a 3 monitor set up.
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:22:27 AM

thankyou soooooo much guys, im looking up and reviewing both your suggestions at this moment and you both definitely know what your talking about aswell as know whats the best buy (: this is really helping me out big time :D 
m
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 2:27:04 AM

JefferyD90 said:
7950 = 3,795
670 = 4,022

its like a 5% difference is what Im trying to say... for a higher price tag, AND it draws almost 60 watts more power. And let me make it clear, the 5% difference is only in this benchmark, you play Battlefield 3 the AMD cards perform better, if you play World of Warcraft the Nvidia cards tend to perform better. So then you have to buy a bigger power supply, AND you would need to get some case fans cause Nvidia cards get HOT!

Dont get me wrong I own a 560Ti, they are very enticing, but I would not buy it again.

And read the performance reviews out there, Windows 8 adds 15%+ on the FX processors EASY, the 8 core ones get like 20%+. At that point, what benifit does a Intel give you? And be realistic, your still playing games at 60fps+ and I just saved you like $200 vs a intel equilivent and dumped that into a 3 monitor set up.

I've heard quite the opposite on Keppler - that it draws almost *NO* power. They're cooler and quieter also, read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-tes...

But as far as Windows 8 goes - the general consensus so far is that it sucks. It's a great cell phone OS but it's going to be like Vista was to XP - most people will hang onto their copy of Windows 7 because the upgrade just isn't going to be worth it.

Believe me I'm no die hard Intel fan but I'm also not a die hard NVIDIA fan either - my system uses a Radeon 7870.

m
l
July 14, 2012 2:27:42 AM

i agree with g-unit. he knows what hes talking about and intel is a much better choice due to quality and performance.

the i5 3570k will max any game you throw at it and its easy to overclock it to 4.5GHz

for the budget, i would also recommend an nvidia card. since you want to spend 2000$, you could go with the gtx 680, but you could also save money and go for the gtx 670. thats coming from someone buying a HD 7850. im getting an AMD card because it has the best bang for your buck at my budget, but with 2000$, you can go crazy and get the real deal (nvidia) and also gain additionnal graphics effects in physX enabled games.

for the PSU jeffrey recommended, id say get another one. hopefully higher than 600w if you plan on upgrading later.

though, do you plan on plying with multi-monitors? if so, forget everything i said about getting an nvidia card. AMD's eyefinity works much better than nvidia surround.

if you want to play in 3D (which is just dumb imho), go with nvidia.

if you dont plan on doing any of the above, go with nvidia
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:29:41 AM

Also, g-unit helped me with my pc parts too on my thread. :) 
m
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 2:35:43 AM

moddedmatt said:

for the PSU jeffrey recommended, id say get another one. hopefully higher than 600w if you plan on upgrading later.

though, do you plan on plying with multi-monitors? if so, forget everything i said about getting an nvidia card. AMD's eyefinity works much better than nvidia surround.

if you want to play in 3D (which is just dumb imho), go with nvidia.

if oyu dont plan on doing any of the above, go with nvidia

Actually even the GTX 670 has improved on using multiple monitors with Keppler so that's kind of a moot point now. I definitely agree about buying 3-D monitors, as the review today showed. :lol: 

m
l
July 14, 2012 2:38:05 AM

i don't plan on playing with multi-monitors or 3d components, i will be buying a nice monitor (of which i have not chosen yet :p ) i simply want the best bang for my buck, and if you guys can garuntee that with less than $2000 than ill go for it! but im kinda worried cause ive never had a good gaming computer and ive ALWAYS wanted one, so i thought id go all out as much as i can with $2000! :D 
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:39:10 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Actually even the GTX 670 has improved on using multiple monitors with Keppler so that's kind of a moot point now. I definitely agree about buying 3-D monitors, as the review today showed. :lol: 

yes, but amd is still far ahead in the multi-monitor technology and their cards are actually equipped with the ram to run them.

for example:
7950 --> 3GB
gtx670 --> 2GB
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:41:18 AM

fuzzypickle said:
i don't plan on playing with multi-monitors or 3d components, i will be buying a nice monitor (of which i have not chosen yet :p ) i simply want the best bang for my buck, and if you guys can garuntee that with less than $2000 than ill go for it! but im kinda worried cause ive never had a good gaming computer and ive ALWAYS wanted one, so i thought id go all out as much as i can with $2000! :D 

no PC is "future proof", youre better spending less on a computer you know will max every games out ATM instead of spending so much on hardware hoping it will last for years to then be disappointed about the performance 3 years later.
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:42:57 AM

actually truth betold, i may have the wrong idea on what you guys are talking about with a 3d monitor, im thinking of ones thats kinda like the portable nintendo 3-ds or something :p 
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:49:47 AM

I think that both the intel and amd choices our good but let him decide which he needs for his uses. Yes windows 8 does yield good performance for amd fx processors. They are also quite cheap when compared to intel processors. The drawback is that it takes more power and has lower multi-threaded performance. You will still max out any game with the amd processor with a good graphics card and you can expect future games to be more multi-treaded. Not to mention that you can slip amd's next gen processor into the motherboard without an upgrade.

On the graphics card side, get a card that you can crossfire when you want to add more muscle, like when the next console gen comes out. The above asus 7970 is good, $400 now and an additional $200 later when you get another. Can't speak much for nvida cards as I have not had one recently.
m
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 2:50:19 AM

fuzzypickle said:

I'd rather go for a single, solid high res display than three 1440 x 900 monitors - that's my preference.

That system that I picked is $1500 and it will handle everything you can throw at it for the next couple years.

Quote:
actually truth betold, i may have the wrong idea on what you guys are talking about with a 3d monitor, im thinking of ones thats kinda like the portable nintendo 3-ds or something :p 

Actually they both use pretty similar technology - you're essentially playing on a 2D display with slightly greater depth to allow for 3D gaming.
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:52:55 AM

fuzzypickle said:

Well the BIGGEST probelms with people and their gaming builds, DRIVERS!!! Please do not ruin a good computer by letting windows find the drivers...

Go to the manufactures website and download the latest drivers.

After installing Windows install your drivers in this order:

Chipset
CPU Drivers/fixes (if appliciable)
SATA Drivers (after this change your sata option from IDE to AHCI)
Video
Audio
USB/USB 3.0
Networking Drivers

Dont let your computer connect to the internet untill AFTER all the latest drivers are installed. That is just a good way for windows update to get in the way of driver installs.

Another thing is the monitors I sudjested are 24" 1080p monitors... If you could just see what the 3 monitor does for you...
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefini...
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:06:58 AM

g-unit1111, JefferyD90, moddedmatt, you guys have been the biggest help in this situation! i truely didn't know what to do, none of my friends know jack all about computers other than how to play video games on them (they always seem to have great computers) i believe im going to order all the parts from newegg and im going to use all your useful information and suggestions on which parts to buy! :D  i absolutely cannot wait! :D DDD another question, JefferyD90, what are you talking about with the drivers???? can you explain a little more? kinda scared me :p  how am i supposed to go to the manufactured website if i cant let my computer connect to the internet till after their installed????
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:10:05 AM

and the topic of 3 monitors, do you really think its worthit? that link you put was pretty freaking awesome but how much more would it cost, and how hard would it be on my computer? aswell dont the smaller screens generally put off not as great resolution?
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:11:44 AM

A USB pen, or other storage device... :) 

You just for example I have a Sabertooth 990FX, you go to ASUS's support website support.asus.com you can then click on the download link and go from there, or just search for Sabertooth 990FX... THEN you pick your OS (If you decide to go with windows 8, just chose windows 7 instead) and download them... If they are in a .zip package you need to un zip it, THEN instal it from the unziped folder. Its easier than you would think :) 
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:14:32 AM

fuzzypickle said:
and the topic of 3 monitors, do you really think its worthit? that link you put was pretty freaking awesome but how much more would it cost, and how hard would it be on my computer? aswell dont the smaller screens generally put off not as great resolution?

The build that I gave you came with 3 monitors and all required equipment... So its still only $1900...

And let me make this perfectly clear, the set up is OVERKILL for any video game out... I cant even tell you, you would be running games in 2014-2015 at full settings...
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:19:22 AM

hmmmm, that seemed to make less sense the 2nd time :p  a USB pen? you mean download the things i need on the new computer from an older comp (the one im using atm) straight to a USB stick, than stick the usb stick into the new computer and extract the files onto that comp?
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:19:52 AM

And another side note, I am not a fan of mixing brands... Not only does it make any RMA's easier, typically compatibility issues are minimized... So having a ALL AMD system is the way to go, with ASUS being the manufacture of all the parts... Like dude just a second ago said a Microsoft keyboard and Logitech mouse, lol it is just a pet peave of mine.
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:22:08 AM

fuzzypickle said:
hmmmm, that seemed to make less sense the 2nd time :p  a USB pen? you mean download the things i need on the new computer from an older comp (the one im using atm) straight to a USB stick, than stick the usb stick into the new computer and extract the files onto that comp?

Correct! Download it from a different computer, then install it on the one in question!
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:23:47 AM

haha i love the word overkill when it comes to the new computer i will be buying, its more than what i wanted! im freaking stoked like crazy! and the discussion you had with g-unit1111, the 7950 and 670, i have no idea what you guys are debating about? whats the differences in all of this?
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:25:50 AM

JefferyD90 said:
Correct! Download it from a different computer, then install it on the one in question!

awesome! and its not confusing at all how to do that? wont mess anything up i mean? also, if i make this computer, i will have to program everything aswell? is that a difficult task?
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:36:17 AM

oh and by the way, the mouse link you put is just the keyboard link doubled :p 
m
l
July 14, 2012 3:55:37 AM

and you only included the price of 1 monitor :p 

...holly ***! one monitor is 24 inches, idk if i can fit 3 in this room! :p 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 4:04:23 AM

Pick a mouse and monitor your good to go PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Mushkin Chronos 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($81.00 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card ($492.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case ($159.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1540.44
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
m
l
July 14, 2012 4:19:00 AM

I have a multi-monitor setup and i would not recommend for gaming. It can cause unneeded crashes or problems. Just get one large, high res monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
asus 27" gaming monitor 2ms response time - $300

great price, size, and no additional problems

also for the case could i recommend the storm sniper. It's not as flashy as the storm trooper is but it has more space and airflow.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 4:23:54 AM

If I was getting one large high res monitor, I'd not get a 1080p 27" one.. Either get a 27" 2560x1440 IPS or just a 23" 1920x1080 TN.
m
l
July 14, 2012 4:29:29 AM

azeem40 said:
If I was getting one large high res monitor, I'd not get a 1080p 27" one.. Either get a 27" 2560x1440 IPS or just a 23" 1920x1080 TN.

There are no IPS panels with a response time of 2ms, aka not as good for gaming. If he was doing photoshop, yes. Otherwise this will allow him to not only game well but if he wants, sit a distance away and enjoy movies.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 4:32:11 AM

Not really. If you read the many threads out there on IPS Panels, you'll know that is far from true.
m
l
July 14, 2012 4:38:52 AM

Just swept through newegg and there are no displays with a res of 2048 x 1152 or above that have a response time less than 4ms at 25 inches or above.
m
l
July 14, 2012 4:39:09 AM

fuzzypickle said:
and you only included the price of 1 monitor :p 

...holly ***! one monitor is 24 inches, idk if i can fit 3 in this room! :p 

that is price per monitor, the total included all 3...

Installing drivers is not difficult. But, if you have a problem with installing flash player, or another 3rd party application, then you will have a problem installing drivers...

The debate between the 670 and 7950 is the video cards, you have the Nividia Geforce 670 and AMD Radeon 7950. Nvidia gives you the best of the best, but they also are more expensive typically, and seem to go up and down in video games... for example I have a PNY Nvidia Geforce 560Ti, I start playing wow and I get 60fps easy. After about 10 min of playing tho, it drops to 30ish... found out that Nvidia cards do not dump stuff out of their VRAM untill it gets full, thus causeing the GPU to do more work. AMD cards dont do that, but they dont have to either cause they have like 2 and 3 GB of VRAM instead of just 1 like the Nvidias tpyically do. You can damn near put the whole game in your VRAM, lol.

The AMD Radeon 7970 is the worlds best GPU right now, not including its overclockability and the fact its cheaper than a Geforce 680. So I sudjested a 7950 which is just a 7970 that has one of the modules disabled...

But honestly either one of the set up will work but I just dont see any reason to pay a $1000 for a processor, its stupid...
m
l
July 14, 2012 4:40:12 AM

meh just get whichever is on sale, right now both manufacturer are really tight in performance.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 4:44:52 AM

The EVGA GTX 670 i included in my build for you has 4GB
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 4:45:44 AM

So you're telling me you can notice the difference between 8ms and 2ms...?
m
l
July 14, 2012 4:49:05 AM

It's a large difference for me between 5 and 2ms. I love playing on my 2ms monitor vs my 5ms. Games are much smoother.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 4:52:39 AM

I don't notice any difference.
m
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 10:03:56 PM

fuzzypickle said:

Me personally I don't think it's worth it for games. If you're playing games - you want one or three monitors, having two makes no sense. But having two is great if you're using CAD or Photoshop programs.

Quote:
But honestly either one of the set up will work but I just dont see any reason to pay a $1000 for a processor, its stupid...

That's one thing I think we're both in agreement on. :lol: 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2012 10:08:20 PM

Oh, and manufacturers lie about response time. 2ms isn't really the response time in actual use.
m
l
July 16, 2012 9:27:07 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Me personally I don't think it's worth it for games. If you're playing games - you want one or three monitors, having two makes no sense. But having two is great if you're using CAD or Photoshop programs.

Quote:

That's one thing I think we're both in agreement on. :lol: 

I had a 3 monitor set up with my 2 9800GT's a couple of years ago and I upgraded to a single 560Ti and cant use one of my monitors now. Its the biggest mistake with my build, I got maybe a 20% performance increase but I lost 100% coolness... lol

I will be buying a 7850, 7870, or 7950 and getting my other monitor back out withen the next few weeks.
m
l
September 19, 2012 4:54:19 AM

Just to be clear, response time means NOTHING when it comes to monitors. It is the refresh rate, lag input or the colour you are looking for when it comes to buying a monitor. Currently the best monitor available on the market is a Catleap monitor http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313.... The only downside to these monitors is a few monitors have dead pixels so you'll have to pay more for no dead pixels.

Also fuzzypickel, look at this to decide which GPU you want. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/598?vs=550. Just read the information posted and decide for yourself.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 19, 2012 4:59:39 AM

Actually, the, that is not a downside unless you go looking for those dead pixels. Most owners of a Catleap don't notice any unless they LOOK for them. However, I am glad someone understands what to look for in a monitor. :p 
m
l
!