Motorola sbg6580 and Linksys Wrtg54g

lagerello

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I would like to use the linksys as an ethernet switch or hub to connect 2 more computers to the internet that don't receive adequate wireless signals. Is this possible. I have mediacom cable. I need help with the set up.

Solution
go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.0.1. Type exit to close the black form.

setup your wireless security

disable DHCP and change the LAN IP to match the Gateway IP you looked up but ending in 253 instate of 1.

connect one of the four LAN ports of the Linksys to the main router.
go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.0.1. Type exit to close the black form.

setup your wireless security

disable DHCP and change the LAN IP to match the Gateway IP you looked up but ending in 253 instate of 1.

connect one of the four LAN ports of the Linksys to the main router.

Solution